***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What makes Klint Kubiak a good choice? Not buying it.
1st I’m not selling it lol.

2nd the Vikes O was pretty good this last year. Kubiak grew up in a football family and if he was paired with a veteran play caller like Caldwell he could develop into a really good coach.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
So you are asking Only if the good games define Nagy? Wow ... Which is hilarious

Name the QB that you deem successful under Nagy- I don't see any of the 5 as successful.
Your argument is that one preseason game defines Mitch as successful. I am asking if you apply that same standard when Nagy was coaching him.

And now you give this obvious strawman because your own logic can't answer stand up to that basic challenge.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Flores wants control, no way a first time GM is going to do that. He also wants Watson now, no way a first time GM does that either. I just don’t see the fit with the Giants myself.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Flores wants control, no way a first time GM is going to do that. He also wants Watson now, no way a first time GM does that either. I just don’t see the fit with the Giants myself.
He has fans there apparently and curious how true the Watson rumors are

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has fans there apparently and curious how true the Watson rumors are
Flores grew up in New York as a Giants fan...AND they have two 1st Rounders (I know we all know that very well around here lol) that they could throw at the Texans for Watson.

It makes some sense.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, there was something about how the Maras were going about their GM & coaching search that reminded me of the McCaskeys prior to this hiring cycle.

That's why it was pissing me off when some fans were getting impatient because the Giants struck first. So we want the Bears to hurry because another bad organization made a move?

The Maras were the ones who recommended Accorsi to the Bears the last time - THAT'S who has people now wanting to rush?

GTFO
So the Giants made finding their GM priority #1 and now they have he will lead the search to find their HC. What is wrong with this approach? I thought that's what the Bears were going to do. Instead the Bears are bringing back a DC for a 2nd interview when they still are interviewing GM candidates for the first time lol.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I don't want anything to do with Brian Flores in Chicago, so I hope he goes to NY. After seeing the way he handled Tua as a rookie, I couldn't think of a man I would want less right now to be in control of developing Justin Fields than him.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the Giants made finding their GM priority #1 and now they have he will lead the search to find their HC. What is wrong with this approach? I thought that's what the Bears were going to do. Instead the Bears are bringing back a DC for a 2nd interview when they still are interviewing GM candidates for the first time lol.
Yep...pretty screwed up.

However, there might be things we don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if they've interviewed Morocco Brown already and we just don't know.

Wishful thinking on my part, but yes...agreed with your assessment.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

The Giants had their minds made up from jump, gave interviews to a couple other guys just to say they did, and then went and hired the guy they knew they wanted from jump. Which is fine if they are right, but the search is very small and can hardly be considered a search.

Don't treat the GM/coaching search like your sex life and confuse speed with accomplishment... ;)

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lambert is like the biggest fucking coattail rider there is out there...
He blocked me on Twitter a few years ago when I told him his "Matt Barkley is Kirk Cousins because they're both 4th Round Picks" was the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Lambert is the definition of a tool.