Jim Caldwell rumors as Bears HC gaining steam...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Les Frazier was gaining steam, then the Bears were smitten with Flores, now Caldwell is gaining steam.

Seems like every new day the Bears a smitten with a new hot steaming pile of coaching retread.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
It’s a terrible move if so by the front office….so I fully expect it to happen

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Understood. But in general teams got worse under Caldwell over time. Is this someone on the cutting edge of NFL offenses. Seems more like Jon Fox 2.0
Please tell me where his team got worse over time? His season in indy where Peyton didn't play is an outlier to everything he has done as a coach, and indy never prioritized a backup qb

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just posted this in the sticky thread

Out of curiosity after hearing Jim Caldwells name thrown around this morning - but had kind of lost track of him - Ive been digging around because I remembered a while back him getting sick and dropped out of coaching - Now I see a connection at maybe him coming back out into the limelight-

I can see Flores selling Caldwell as part of his staff to tutor Justin being very attractive to George and Ted
I'm not a big fan but, DBB keeps pushing for this guy - I don't really care for this direction

He was on Flores staff in Miami in 2019 when he got sick

“Jim is an incredible human being, a man of faith and a great football coach,” Flores said in a statement on the Miami website. “His experience as a head coach will be invaluable for me. Jim is a great teacher, highly organized and somebody that I have a lot of respect for.”

Dolphins announce Brian Flores' staff, which includes Jim Caldwell and several with Patriots ties

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I'm on the fence with this one. For me, it definitely would not be a splash type hire. I'd best describe it as dull. This type of hire screams Bears front office. Would you be more onboard with the hire if Caldwell reunited with Jim Bob Cooter as OC?
Im all for it if the GM thinks this is his guy and hires him. Oh wait, we dont have a fucking gm and this hire would be the choice of the inept baffoons running this disorganization.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im all for it if the GM thinks this is his guy and hires him. Oh wait, we dont have a fucking gm and this hire would be the choice of the inept baffoons running this disorganization.
What? Saddling a new GM you want to hire with "WE HIRED A HC FOR YOU!" isn't a good idea?

I mean they haven't done this yet, but the fact they're allegedly interviewing a HC candidate for the 2nd time before a GM candidate is....what you'd expect from this circus.

Last edited:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
This would be a bad hire. Not the worst hire they could make. But close.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please tell me where his team got worse over time? His season in indy where Peyton didn't play is an outlier to everything he has done as a coach, and indy never prioritized a backup qb
He's referring to 2011....2-14. But it was 2-14 with fucking Curtis Painter at QB along with the horrible last season of Kerry Collins. I think he had a winning record in Detroit. Who the hell has done that? Seems like a good fit to me.....players like him and play for him, just like Nagy. Big difference is that Caldwell also has NFL smarts.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've been saying the same thing forever but the difference is that this season there are a lot of openings. I wouldn't be a big fan of selecting coach 1st then GM but they may have to if they don't want to lose out on a guy they like.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think its one of the better hires for Justin
Yeah when i first heard his name being mentioned it was quite disappointing but i've come around to Caldwell, as long as he brings in the right coordinators. Was hoping for Harbaugh or one of the top OC's out there but i don't think Caldwell is a bad choice.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Just posted this in the sticky thread

Out of curiosity after hearing Jim Caldwells name thrown around this morning - but had kind of lost track of him - Ive been digging around because I remembered a while back him getting sick and dropped out of coaching - Now I see a connection at maybe him coming back out into the limelight-

I can see Flores selling Caldwell as part of his staff to tutor Justin being very attractive to George and Ted
I'm not a big fan but, DBB keeps pushing for this guy - I don't really care for this direction

He was on Flores staff in Miami in 2019 when he got sick

“Jim is an incredible human being, a man of faith and a great football coach,” Flores said in a statement on the Miami website. “His experience as a head coach will be invaluable for me. Jim is a great teacher, highly organized and somebody that I have a lot of respect for.”

Dolphins announce Brian Flores' staff, which includes Jim Caldwell and several with Patriots ties

Jim is an incredible human being, a man of faith and a great football coach,

what the hell does faith has to do with FOOTBALL!??

JC may had a positive records with lions and colts, but if i remember correctly lions had a damn good defense and an iffy ass offense them years and NOTHING was scary about his teams. and he had Luck in Indy i believe.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What a lame candidate. He had success with Peyton Manning and nothing afterwards.

The Bears are betting his 3rd stint as HC is the charm? Jesus help us all.
I see what you're saying but i just refuse to hold anything against anyone that was HC of the Det Lions, and he wasn't even bad there.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Expect a terrible/non-existent running game and baffling coaches decisions. Do Bears fans really not remember his tenure? Rushing offense ranks: 28, 32, 30, 32.

Caldwell took over a very talented team, they had a top 3 defense his first year. Calvin Johnson,Stafford, tate Suh...he oversaw a pass happy, inefficient offense and the defense went to shit.

"he had success with the Lions" is a stupid reason to want a coach. Aim higher. He would be by far the worst hire of the coaches the Bears have interviewed.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Expect a terrible/non-existent running game and baffling coaches decisions. Do Bears fans really not remember his tenure? Rushing offense ranks: 28, 32, 30, 32.

Caldwell took over a very talented team, they had a top 3 defense his first year. Calvin Johnson,Stafford, tate Suh...he oversaw a pass happy, inefficient offense and the defense went to shit.

"he had success with the Lions" is a stupid reason to want a coach. Aim higher. He would be by far the worst hire of the coaches the Bears have interviewed.
pretty much what i've said 4 minutes ago..I don't like this, the guy is already fucking 70 years old or some shit like that, colts and lions both rid themselves of him for some strange reason, we probably shouldn't want to find out why.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
pretty much what i've said 4 minutes ago..I don't like this, the guy is already fucking 70 years old or some shit like that, colts and lions both rid themselves of him for some strange reason, we probably shouldn't want to find out why.

It's because he's a bad head coach. But if someone wants to chime in with a reason he's not other than "he had success with the Lions" I'm all ears. Those Lions teams were not talent starved. I mean, they had arguably the best non-quarterback offensive player and one of the best defensive players and still were absolutely mediocre.