*** OFFICAIL *** NFL PLAYOFFS DIVISIONAL ROUND: BILLS @ CHIEFS 5:30PM CT IGT

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You can hit the QB after his release and get called for roughing and the offense keeps the ball. This shouldn't be different.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McVay 2/3s of way to Kyle Shanahan status.
What is with the arrogance of these smart guys?
I don’t want to ever hear another remark about analytics out of that moron again.
The oldest analytic in football is if you can run the ball 3 times and go up 3 scores…

anything else means your just an arrogant tool who goes for it all the time. What an idiot.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can hit the QB after his release and get called for roughing and the offense keeps the ball. This shouldn't be different.

Interesting precedent.

I wonder if a DB might use that loophole to rip someone's head off simply because, heck, its 4th down and the ball was overthrown, and they are down 2 scores, why not take out their WR1?

Kinda like the dead ball thing if the punt team touches the ball and the returning darts in to grab it and run off.... low percentage play, almost never gets you anything, but with this rule you get the opportunity to, at a minimum, knock the wind out of your opponent's best WR.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
A pass play doesn't end when the ball leaves the QB's hand.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
is stafford saying "heavy flow"?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Interesting precedent.

I wonder if a DB might use that loophole to rip someone's head off simply because, heck, its 4th down and the ball was overthrown, and they are down 2 scores, why not take out their WR1?

Kinda like the dead ball thing if the punt team touches the ball and the returning darts in to grab it and run off.... low percentage play, almost never gets you anything, but with this rule you get the opportunity to, at a minimum, knock the wind out of your opponent's best WR.
Right, if you can afford to give the 15, it gives them free reign to just take a shot. Dont like it at all.

Canth

Liked Posts:

I guess I wonder if that scenario has happened on 4th down? It's the down that is the issue where personal fouls are dead ball fouls.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A pass play doesn't end when the ball leaves the QB's hand.
but the ball is not in play for the QB anymore. Its gone. The hit doesn't affect the result. Thats the point.

Rise

Liked Posts:
That was a weird kick don’t know if I’ve ever seen an nfl kicker hit it flush but short from only 47.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A pass play ends when the ball hits the ground. Always has.

I agree. Not to say this is real common, but have seen this call made several times. Surprised to see Tampa Bay arguing unless they think it should be pass interference or something, which it wasn't.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
but the ball is not in play for the QB anymore. Its gone. The hit doesn't affect the result. Thats the point.
The point is, if you run up and hit a guy on the way to the bench after his team turns it over on downs, it doesn't give them the ball back.

Once the play is over, it is over. You can't say "barely over" any more than you could ignore a guy being "barely out of bounds".

Same is true if the defense gets a pick and gets tackled and an overzelaous defender throws another block. It's 15 yards, but the change of possession still stands.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Brady had all day on that pass... too bad coverage was tight.
This game is done. 3 for 3 this weekend, I mays cash out.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A pass play ends when the ball hits the ground. Always has.

That ref who blew the whistle while the ball was in the air last week, would disagree.

:troll:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bad coaching by Tampa. They could have had 6 points and be a td and 2 point conversion away right now.

Those 2 shots on fourth down were desperation moves before it was warranted.