Overtime rules stink!!! Robbed us all tonight

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Josh Allen shouldve had a chance to win or tie that game and because of some shit idiotic OT rules we were all robbed of an epic drive. An all time classic game that went out with a wimper. Its simple, overtime each team gets at least one possession. After that its sudden death. Why is this so difficult?
For those that dont agree, PROVE ME WRONG!!!

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yep. Rules are a joke and need to be changed

Rise

Liked Posts:
Even if you go to the 1 and 1 and then sudden death the coin toss still is huge. That sucks.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think it will be all over the media tomorrow that the rules have to change and it will happen someday.

The Bills defense choked, but the way the game favors offense, it's pretty silly Allen didn't touch the ball in OT.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I actually agree. The OT rules are brutal. IDK about every team getting it in the Redzone like college, but I'd be fine with each team getting a possession.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I saw how college rules worked for the first time this past college season because I normally don't watch the college game.

It was bananas, and I think would make for a far more thrilling finish to these games. Even if you just did it for playoff games, I'd be good with that.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If a team has been playing garbage D all game and they stumble into OT......they should have to step it up and stop the other team from scoring a TD.
Yeah, what happened tonight wasn't stumbling. It was a forcing of wills. Give each team a shot. Neither team could make a stop. Its dumb to let one team benefit because of a coin flip. This is the same thing that robbed Mahomes 3 years ago.

Rise

Liked Posts:

Because in that scenario the team that won the coin toss gets 2 possessions to 1. Once it gets to overtime I just feel it needs to be equal opportunity the coin toss should only be used to determine strategy.

This is why I like the college setup.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Because in that scenario the team that won the coin toss gets 2 possessions to 1. Once it gets to overtime I just feel it needs to be equal opportunity the coin toss should only be used to determine strategy.

This is why I like the college setup.
Wrong. If team A wins the coin toss and scores and then team B gets the ball and takes the lead the game is over. If they do not score or tie the game is over. Not sure what part of ONE possession guaranteed you dont understand.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
run and shoot said:

If a team has been playing garbage D all game and they stumble into OT......they should have to step it up and stop the other team from scoring a TD.

Yeah, what happened tonight wasn't stumbling. It was a forcing of wills. Give each team a shot. Neither team could make a stop. Its dumb to let one team benefit because of a coin flip. This is the same thing that robbed Mahomes 3 years ago.

What do u mean "benefit because of a coin flip" ? If a team ends up on D in OT and can't stop the other from scoring a TD ( Not a FG, mind ya) .... then why should they be awarded another chance?

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
Wrong. If team A wins the coin toss and scores and then team B gets the ball and takes the lead the game is over. If they do not score or tie the game is over. Not sure what part of 1 possession guaranteed you dont understand.

It’s you who doesn’t understand. If it’s a tie after each team gets one possession you want sudden death, I don’t. Is that clear enough?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
run and shoot said:

What do u "benefit because of a coin flip" ? If a team ends up on D in OT and can't stop the other from scoring a TD
( Not a FG, mind ya) .... then why should they be awarded another chance?
if you need that answered, idk what to tell you.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Have no problem with rules being changed but defense is part of the game. I feel zero sympathy for Bills. They have the No 2 D and failed.