OT: Stafford: Great or Nah?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Stafford had the misfortune of Schwartz being his HC. Shit HC for a QB prospect. Caldwell was a slight improvement, and rocketboy was a serious downgrade. He's in a good place now, and taking advantage of it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The turth about Stafford will be determined in the playoffs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stafford had the misfortune of Schwartz being his HC. Shit HC for a QB prospect. Caldwell was a slight improvement, and rocketboy was a serious downgrade. He's in a good place now, and taking advantage of it.
Sort of an opposites scenario. McVay can seemingly make anyone look good so trying to determine the ultimate goodness of Stafford is still difficult.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I always liked Stafford, mostly because his team mates loved him. That’s always been my go to, if the guys around you will jump in front of a bus for you, that means something.
But, football is the ultimate team game, and a QB, no matter how good he is, will not win with an incomplete team, which the Lions and Bears always seem to be. Stafford is now on the most complete team he’s ever been and the results are evident, would not surprise me at all to see him hoisting a Lombardi in the not too distant future. Good for him, he’s earned it.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Stafford is way better than many here would give him credit for, which is why McVay made the trade he did.
He's not GOAT good, but he's NFL good.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Matt Stafford is way better than many here would give him credit for, which is why McVay made the trade he did.
He's not GOAT good, but he's NFL good.

McVay brought him there to win the SB. They were good and won playoff games without him. None of this matters until they win the SB.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No man. Stafford has had weapons, he has a defense and he has had time a yet not one damn playoff win? Elite players elevate teams and even organizations, only elevation Stafford does is a few fantasy football teams
this take is not aging well.......

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is just good enough to compete if his offense is stacked but always makes the huge boneheaded mistake that loses the game or kills a season.

He doesn’t have a clutch bone in his body.

However, he seems like a nice guy and I hope his wife stays cancer free.
statements like that often come back to haunt you, pretty fucking clutch last night

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He is just good enough to compete if his offense is stacked but always makes the huge boneheaded mistake that loses the game or kills a season.

This. LA mortgaged their future to go all in for right now. Always said Stafford needed a complete team around him to find any real success. Now he has it. Let’s see if he can actually deliver when it counts though…

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The last two years of the bucs were not "super teams"?
Do the Bucs still have draft picks anytime this decade? The Bucs took aging or malcontent stars and had them play to their potential , the Rams trade away every thing for one shot at glory. I personally thought Lebron James was the GM

Toast88

Liked Posts:
By the time Stafford retires, he'll be top 5 all time in passing yards and probably at least top 6 in touchdowns.

Talk all you want about padding stats and the pass-happy era, etc. Anyone who gets into top 5 territory all time in passing yards and TDs is pretty damn good.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Playing styles notwithstanding, Stafford is probably a pretty good blueprint for what we could see with Fields in the future---A good quarterback who everyone wonders if he's great, while continually being pulled down by a shitty team, shitty coaches and shitty owners.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Seemed pretty clutch yesterday.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Playing styles notwithstanding, Stafford is probably a pretty good blueprint for what we could see with Fields in the future---A good quarterback who everyone wonders if he's great, while continually being pulled down by a shitty team, shitty coaches and shitty owners.
Stafford, especially in his Detroit years, was a never quite good enough QB being paid top dollar. That is why Detroit couldn’t build that team around him, horrible management aside. His contact prevented the team from being able to do the one thing he needed.

He has gotten better after a decade of experience in the league, and no doubt that has helped the Rams now. But QB salaries are even higher now. The WORST thing that can happen to a team is having a QB who is “good enough”. You either need a superstar, a guy on a rookie deal playing out of his mind, or a journeyman on the cheap with a complete team around him. There really isn’t an in-between…