Eberflus, Quinn, Caldwell 2nd Interviews

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've interviewed a lot of people that were great interviews...many were not overly successful.

History and actions are much better than a dazzling face to face

Can someone have history and actions on their side and a dazzling interview?

To be fair, I like the comment that he has some pretty stellar answers as to what he would do differently the second time around and has a killer staff lined up.

That goes far beyond just someone blowing smoke up your ass during an interview.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its going to be Eberflus and then a rotating carousel of offensive coordinators for Justin Fields.

I am starting to believe the Bears front office has serious doubts about Fields and building a team around him.

Polian probably told them he'd be better at receiver

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So who says they don't need a nap in-between on two-a-days?
I’m 57 and I haven’t had a nap since my oldest child was born.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:

Read this about Eberflus. ?
Wow not very flattering for Eberflus from their own writers - Hope he is a better HC

From the article-

Conclusion​

All in all, I am just not seeing how Eberflus is getting so much attention as a potential head coach candidate this season. First of all, I would not take a defensive coordinator as a head coach unless he is absolutely mind-blowing, which Eberflus is not. Sure, he certainly has his bright spots, as his defenses cause plenty of turnovers, and he has been able to develop plenty of young players, but his inability to put up a consistent pass rush and his deficiencies against elite quarterbacks just keep him from being in the upper echelon of NFL defensive coordinators. If you ask me, Eberflus leaving could potentially be a blessing in disguise for the Colts, as a new face could revitalize this talented unit.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Typical George mentality. Dont worry about spending two 1st round picks on QB's in the last 5 years. Who needs to focus on the O? Not George.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Interesting that both Eberflus and Quinn worked with Scott Linehan before. Linehan is currently working for U of Missouri,

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can someone have history and actions on their side and a dazzling interview?

To be fair, I like the comment that he has some pretty stellar answers as to what he would do differently the second time around and has a killer staff lined up.

That goes far beyond just someone blowing smoke up your ass during an interview.
sure they can...

I heard Trestman was a great interviewer...he went to the superbowl as a coordinator and was x3 Greycup winner.

The one thing Quinn has going is that he went to the Superbowl. He's also had 2 winning seasons out of 6 as head coach. His team degraded over time pretty quickly. He is a .500 HC. Not sure he's had a recorded history of bringing in offensive people to develop young QBs.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
sure they can...

I heard Trestman was a great interviewer...he went to the superbowl as a coordinator and was x3 Greycup winner.

The one thing Quinn has going is that he went to the Superbowl. He's also had 2 winning seasons out of 6 as head coach. His team degraded over time pretty quickly. He is a .500 HC. Not sure he's had a recorded history of bringing in offensive people to develop young QBs.
Kyle shanahan and Matt lefleur

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
sure they can...

It's really curious to me the way his team fell off the map. I seem to remember Dimitrioff having a lot of really bad drafts back to back to back

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just give me the two Colts guys if these rumors are true...because I'm not liking what I hear through all these tea leaves.....where is yourboyroy

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pretty underwhelming, but maybe it will work this time.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
sure they can...

This, and how!

discplayer

Liked Posts:
It's really curious to me the way his team fell off the map. I seem to remember Dimitrioff having a lot of really bad drafts back to back to back
But Quinn was in on those drafts. He is just as culpable.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I live here in ATL and watched Quinn allow Shanahan’s ego to blow the massive lead his team had in Super Bowl, then soon after fall off the cliff and lose the team.
He is NOT highly regarded here, got fired for his Lovie-esque offensive incompetence and, contrary to popular belief outside of ATL, his defenses wet not very good. Oh, and the draft picks under his watch were bad, except only Julio Jones.

Super hard pass on Dan Quinn… no… No… NO!

THIS RIGHT HERE. Thank You

IMO....... Quinn & Shanahan ....fixed that SB. They purposesly passed the ball when they shouda' ran the clock down :(

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
My candidates in no specific order are Pep Hamilton , Jim Harbaugh, Jim Caldwell , Doug Pederrson and Byron Leftwich

If I need a flu shot I'll call eberflus