***OFFICAIL*** BREAKING: RYAN POLES NAMED BEARS GM (ANOTHER #CALLEDIT BY OP)

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Generally, you would want an assistant GM, like Schoen. Close enough to the top to understand all facets of the GM process. Poles doesn't have alot of time working in higher echelons of football personnel. Take a look at a guy like Decosta, who worked for years under Newsome, that is the kind of person you would want.

Poles comes from a quality organization and has a history of personnel evaluation.

So certainly not a home run hire, but not a dud. Middle of the road.
Ok, we disagree on metrics but I respect how you formed your opinion.

I personally don't really think there is a pattern to who will and won't be successful, so I'm just gonna jump in and be a meatball fan.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Are you sure? Tampa had to trade w Arizona to get Arians a year after he resigned didn’t they?
You are correct. Arians "retired" while still under contract. When he un-retired, Arizona still had rights to him, so TB had to give them some draft picks to obtain his rights.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think Daboll gets another interview now ?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Well Poles it is....he gets a pass this draft

If the current scout team is still in place this season(You'd expect it) It's gonna be interesting how the draft goes.

To me it always seemed like the scouting department here has been good as far as making a big board, Pace was just the goober making the picks early and screwing them up

Are you sure? Tampa had to trade w Arizona to get Arians a year after he resigned didn’t they?

Well, if Payton Truly wanted to come here the saints would either honor it via trade compensation or the more likely route make him assistant GM/HC, which counts as a promotion.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I personally don't really think there is a pattern to who will and won't be successful
It is just an initial impression.. he could be the next Ozzie Newsome or the next Phil Emery.. nobody really knows until they get in there and you see a few years of his drafts.

Expect some growing pains, just like we had with Pace. A 36 year old with minimal experience is going to have some swings and misses. If he has an eye for talent in the draft we will get there eventually.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why is the biggest Pacesexual on CCS stealing @Grimson’s thread?

everyone please keep the Poles talk right here