***OFFICAIL*** BREAKING: RYAN POLES NAMED BEARS GM (ANOTHER #CALLEDIT BY OP)

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Generally, you would want an assistant GM, like Schoen. Close enough to the top to understand all facets of the GM process. Poles doesn't have alot of time working in higher echelons of football personnel. Take a look at a guy like Decosta, who worked for years under Newsome, that is the kind of person you would want.

Poles comes from a quality organization and has a history of personnel evaluation.

So certainly not a home run hire, but not a dud. Middle of the road.
Pretty much agree with this.

I feel like because of his background he's going to be rather traditional and reliant on "picking the right guy" which I'm not crazy about.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So i think i heard that the Chiefs will get 2 rd round picks for the Bears hiring Poles. Can anyone confirm if that's right?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
"Big Balls" Poles

He just said a few minutes ago that Poles demanded he have complete control of the coaching hire, that he will interview all three of Caldwell, Eberflus, and Quinn tomorrow by himself and then decide if he needs to expand the list of finalists
Great news........your GM should be allowed to make his choice for any HC hire. If it is one of the three listed at least it will be Poles pick, even if he goes back to KC and makes Eric Bieniemy his pick, I would be fine with it.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
*shrug*

most people here loved the Ryan Pace hire when it happened so I don't put much stock into how fans react to this news. It's way past show me the money time with this entire franchise. I'll celebrate this hire 3 years from now when he proves he's worth our time and ownership's money

Papa Bear

Liked Posts:
Most likely. 10x better than Caldwell, imo, as the coordinators are likely going to be 10x better.
According to NBC sports chicago Poles will hire the new coach.. Possibly some not on the list already?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
At least we aren't the Vikings. Leading candidate resume:
  • Vice President of Football Operations, Cleveland Browns (2020-Present)
  • Director of Football Research and Development, San Francisco 49ers (2017-19)
  • Manager of Football Research and Development, San Francisco 49ers (2013-16)
Basically hiring a guy with 2 years experience in the front office and FROM THE BROWNS. LOL.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody got a list of players Poles personally pushed to draft?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Poles is the first FO person plucked from KC since Mahomes was drafted which is kinda wild. Generally when something like that happens those guys get poached yesterday.

Poles has also stated himself and Veach have had full autonomy of the roster. Ried has taken a step back from the day to day of player personnel.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
But what happens next year when NO has a new HC I wonder? I’d bet that they don’t enforce those rights to prevent Payton from working again.
they have his rights til 2024

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
But what happens next year when NO has a new HC I wonder? I’d bet that they don’t enforce those rights to prevent Payton from working again.
I'm curious to know too

msadows

Liked Posts:

Not sure why people on here think his current contract would be an issue if he wanted out to go elsewhere.

That franchise owes him a lot, I seriously doubt theyd cockblock him if he tried to come back to the NFL in a season.

That being said, he's probably done in the NFL. Gonna go to fox and nutride justin fields more than CC nutrides rodgers.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Funny - we go from Ryan Pace to Ryan Poles. Guess they can just change a few letters on his office to save money.