***OFFICAIL*** BREAKING: RYAN POLES NAMED BEARS GM (ANOTHER #CALLEDIT BY OP)

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
3rd compensatory picks, from the NFL, not the bears
The employer-club of a minority employee who has been hired by another club as its Head Coach or Primary Football Executive (General Manager) shall receive Draft choice compensation in the form of a compensatory Draft pick in the third round in each of the next two Drafts for an employee hired as either a Head Coach or Primary Football Executive, or for the next three Drafts if it has two employees hired for both positions.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
So whens the presser?

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
But what happens next year when NO has a new HC I wonder? I’d bet that they don’t enforce those rights to prevent Payton from working again.
Arizona was in the same position a few years ago when Bruce Arians retired. When he unretired a couple years later, they got a 6th round pick from TB for Arians. Considering that Payton is an iconic figure in NO and all he's done for the organization, I doubt they'll put up much obstacles if he unretires.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gold. Watching these Vikings meatballs be like "Why would he choose Chicago over Minnesota??? LOL"
more like - he choose money over winning or we really didn't want him anyway

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Aren't we interviewing Dennis Allen today and Sean P is stepping down and we hire our new GM.

Moving fast.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
For what it’s worth, Waddle and Silvy had Field Yates on, who talked about how they were hired at the same time as scouts for the Chiefs in 2009. Says he’s super impressive and that if he could pick one guy who knows what the hell he’s doing in the draft, a guy who deserves to get his first GM job, it’s Poles.

I know, I know. We always get reports like this no matter who’s picked. But hey, maybe they lucked into getting it right this time?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Great news........your GM should be allowed to make his choice for any HC hire. If it is one of the three listed at least it will be Poles pick, even if he goes back to KC and makes Eric Bieniemy his pick, I would be fine with it.
Same. I have been really lukewarm on Bienemy, watching from here in Kansas City. Every time the Chiefs absolutely need something going on offense, it’s always Reid in control and dialing it up, which I don’t think is a good look for Bienemy.

But if Poles is convinced Bienemy can get the best out of Fields, I’m absolutely fine with it. I’m not gonna freak just because it’s another Chiefs OC and it didn’t work out the last time.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
1643147063218.png
In case you guys were wondering who had it first. Please redirect convo to the proper thread. Thank you.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
For what it’s worth, Waddle and Silvy had Field Yates on, who talked about how they were hired at the same time as scouts for the Chiefs in 2009. Says he’s super impressive and that if he could pick one guy who knows what the hell he’s doing in the draft, a guy who deserves to get his first GM job, it’s Poles.

I know, I know. We always get reports like this no matter who’s picked. But hey, maybe they lucked into getting it right this time?

If there's anything I'm sure of, it's that most people have no idea about most things most of the time. Despite what they say or how they try to come across.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Can anyone tell me what Ryan Poles has done? I see his Chiefs resume but it doesn't actually say what he has done.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
How does that make sense? His position is no longer available...
It's to protect the non-breaching party. They had a contract that he'll coach "x" amount of years, so if Payton just quits, it's only fair that the Saints have some recourse in the event he decides he wants to come back and coach for a different team.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I'm okay with this because the thing about Fox being forced on Pace is it gave the true evaluation of Pace way to long of a lead time to develop. Let Poles choose his coach and let his evaluation of team building start immediately versus some forced marriage that delays his head coach picking ability 1 or 2 seasons.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Kind of hard to trust the opinion of a guy who is friends with him. Too much circle-jerkin' going on in "league circles".

But the luck thing is what i said two weeks ago. Lets hope.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Not sure why people on here think his current contract would be an issue if he wanted out to go elsewhere.

That franchise owes him a lot, I seriously doubt theyd cockblock him if he tried to come back to the NFL in a season.

That being said, he's probably done in the NFL. Gonna go to fox and nutride justin fields more than CC nutrides rodgers.
that's what I was thinking. Dallas in 2023?