***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
1. Poles has been hired as GM

2. Poles has complete control over the head coach search

3. Omar Khan actually interviewed for the VP of Football ops role (Sweaty Teddy's gig)

4. Aaron Rodgers is still a bitch

That's about it for the last 48 hours
HC position down to Caldwell, Quinn, Euberflus?

I hope Poles isn't happy with that.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
Does that leave an outside shot at Payton? That khan move is unexpected but could it be an attempt to satisfy Payton’s desire not to be interfered with by ownership?

Or like seemingly every other former Bear Payton has some bad blood?
I really think Payton is taking a step back from football altogether this year... I could be wrong, but with what he's been saying lately- I don't think he wants to coach anywhere next year.

Again- I hope I'm wrong about that though.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How many 2nd chance coaches have been hired and how many have succeeded? It is okay to, believe it or not, admit you really have no clue about any of this.

Of this list we have Arians, Carroll, Bellichek, Reid, Gruden, Campbell, Rivera, McCarthy that got 2nd chances. Of those 8, 5 have won SBs the 2nd go around. I suppose you can remove Arians since he retired the first time around rather than was fired, but 1st question. How the fuck is a 57% (without Arians) to 62.5% (with Arians) Super Bowl win rate not inspire hope?

Now let's look at the first timers. There are 24 first timers. Of those 24, only 3 have won Super Bowls (Harbaugh, Tomlin and Patyon). That is a laughable 12.5% Super Bowl win rate.

I have nothing against you WCBF. Your arguments are just fucking Special person sometimes. You just say dumb shit based on your own limited knowledge of the NFL and then when people point out your limited knowledge, you get upset.

Dude you are like 12 years old or some shit. You don't know as much as most people here. You should understand by now that I usually don't say shit without having some foundation in the data. I was trying to be facetious in pointing out the flaw in your logic but since you didn't take the hint then here is the data.

I am truly sorry that you are wrong again. I honestly wish you were right so we don't have to vortex because I know even after being proven wrong empirically you will still try to dispute the facts.
Well shit..sign
Does that leave an outside shot at Payton? That khan move is unexpected but could it be an attempt to satisfy Payton’s desire not to be interfered with by ownership?

Or like seemingly every other former Bear Payton has some bad blood?
What in the world would the Bears have to offer NO?
They(BEARS) need to stop trading away draft packs

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
HC position down to Caldwell, Quinn, Euberflus?

I hope Poles isn't happy with that.
That's what is being said, but somehow I still think Flores has to be in the mix (he and Poles have been friends since all the way back in their college football days at BC)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well shit..sign

What in the world would the Bears have to offer NO?
They(BEARS) need to stop trading away draft packs
I think he was released?! Does that not absolve his contract?

It could be as bad as two high picks …but I say well worth it to see a competent offense in Chicago.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think Payton is taking a step back from football altogether this year... I could be wrong, but with what he's been saying lately- I don't think he wants to coach anywhere next year.

Again- I hope I'm wrong about that though.
I think you are right. But I fully expect us to suck with our 3 finalists and the mess Pace left. So maybe we can revisit this in 2 years if Payton doesn’t love his Fox or ESPN job.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Harbaugh, Flores and Leftwich. Get them on the phone Poles.
Heard on the radio today Leftwich is going to JAX, which many people expected since Meyer was fired.

Canth

Liked Posts:

One thing I do find a bit amusing was there were several reports that Poles was also believe to be the top choice of the Vikings over the past couple of days. Now that Poles is the GM of the Bears, the story is that the leading candidate for the Vikings was Kwesi Adofo-Mensah all along. Funny how that works...

Canth

Liked Posts:
Heard on the radio today Leftwich is going to JAX, which many people expected since Meyer was fired.

Yeah, that is not surprising at all. I would have liked to see Leftwich get at least a follow up interview, but if he already knew he was going to take Jax if offered, makes sense to just get it done.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ok but I just gave you evidence that 57%-62% of retreads that were HCs this year won the Super Bowl as compared to only 12.5% of first time coaches. So again the point is your logic simply doesn't make sense. You are more likely to win a SB if you hire a retread than you are if you hired a 1st time. That is what the data shows us.

Of course we don't know how things will turn out. That was never the argument. The point here is you are clearly dug in on your position so why pretend you were seeking an honest answer. The honest answer again is you are better off hiring a retread if the SB is the goal but because that doesn't fit your narrative you still won't acknowledge the data I just presented to you.

Simple question. Based on the data I just presented, do 1st time or 2nd time coaches give you a better chance to win a SB? Now watch you try to avoid answering.
I mean obviously your data looks better but how much does that represent every fired coach who got a job with another team?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Doesn't sound like Arians is retiring, but that would make sense too.
I haven't really heard anything like that. But he's at that age and had to deal with a lot of bullshit this year that would have to make him consider it

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I mean obviously your data looks better but how much does that represent every fired coach who got a job with another team?
Another question is how many first time coaches 'succeed,' however you define that. It's not a large percentage. There is no set way to hire. And getting good players is the most important thing,

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah I figured but since we already stole Fields and Poles might as well see if we can steal him too.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I haven't really heard anything like that. But he's at that age and had to deal with a lot of bullshit this year that would have to make him consider it
Yeah he left AZ for health reasons.

Also if Brady retires, not sure it's that great of a job for either of them despite a good roster.