***OFFICAIL*** BREAKING: RYAN POLES NAMED BEARS GM (ANOTHER #CALLEDIT BY OP)

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Not true. I had people DMing me, very conflicted on where to post. I told them post where it was first announced(and not to mention an all time #CALLEDIT). Thanks for your uninformed response though.
No one cares…..

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Quinn is mainly 4-3 right?
He developed the hybrid front in SEA iirc. But that defense was just stacked with talent. Was just kinda using one gap for some players and two gap for others I think.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Don't really know much about the guy, but if he really said he had to have full control over the coaching search then I like him already.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think we have a pretty good culture. We just need to take the next step, start winning, play disciplined football.
I think they have a culture as well, but it has nothing to do with a winning culture. Hopefully Poles and the new HC can turn that around.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't consider myself a SJW but hoping Geo Mac wasn't just face-dressing his involvement in the NFL inclusiveness movement. Poles is clearly an exceptional candidate regardless of his skin color and hopefully he's not merely a token of the Bears joining the 21st century. Likewise Leftwich and Bieniemy are also exceptional in their own right, also regardless of color. Caldwell is solid and I wouldn't be upset if he were to be HC. Having said that, Leftwich and Bieniemy will be given a shot sometime and if the Bears aren't the ones to give them an opportunity, it would be very much Bears-like. to see them succeed somewheres else.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's to protect the non-breaching party. They had a contract that he'll coach "x" amount of years, so if Payton just quits, it's only fair that the Saints have some recourse in the event he decides he wants to come back and coach for a different team.
What if he wants to come back to the Saints? What if they say no, we have a new head coach? Why should they get to keep the coach they want but get compensation for the coach they don't want?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Lol, we gonna pair that with Jim fucking Caldwell.

Jesus Christ I hate this franchise. Like buying a Mercedes and putting the cheapest possible oil in it.
Sadly, until the Bears ownership and president have a clue, this once great franchise is doomed to mediocrity--at best!