Official: Mitch is a free agent.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
What’s wrong with Leslie Frazier for head coach?

Frazier for HC with Pep Hamilton as OC?

I don’t know man…it’s disheartening to watch playoff offenses and realize there are 10 levels of shit the Bears have never figured out.
i was actually watching games this weekend thinking The Bears will never reach this level of QB/offensive skill....i have been conditioned from 48 years of mostly failure

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mitch going to the browns

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Daboll could coach Mitch or Justin and he’s going to choose coaching Mitch in New York over Justin. ???

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Daboll will be hired while we're slowly still interviewing the entire fucking world of would be GMs

these fucking McCaskeys, I bet they go Black Friday shopping at 11am and get to the store to find everything gone

KoaTheBearFan

Liked Posts:
I can imagine Trubisky coming back to Soldier Field in GB uniform and yelling "I still own you!"

msadows

Liked Posts:
I know you're joking. but honestly, if u were Mitch, would u wanna come here?

It's like going back to a company after being let go.....9.9x outta 10 it doesn't happen. Why come back to a team and help the guy who replaced ya? Mitch is not some aging veteran. I'd assume he still wants start somewhere, at some point soon. Wouldn't u?

100%. He wants a shot at starting again. Mitch might suck but he's still competitive.

Mitch going to the browns

Saints would be my guess? Think he'd fit in well in pitt too.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
2019:
There are a number of reasons the Bears declined Trubisky’s fifth-year option and brought Nick Foles in to compete for Chicago’s starting job, but Trubisky’s performance on deep passes is stunningly bad. Last season, Trubisky had the worst EPA (Expected Points Added) on deep throws — his -14.6 far outpaced the field, as Daniel Jones of the Giants finished second-worst at -9.0. On such throws, Trubisky completed just 32 of 103 passes for 779 yards, four touchdowns, and seven interceptions. It’s one of many things Trubisky will have to improve if he’s ever to be thought of as anything but a draft bust.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It's like going back to a company after being let go.....9.9x outta 10 it doesn't happen. Why come back to a team and help the guy who replaced ya? Mitch is not some aging veteran. I'd assume he still wants start somewhere, at some point soon. Wouldn't u?
Absolutely! I also think every NFL player wants to start, I think they all have an ego that makes them think that they were better than they are.

If he comes back to Chicago why wouldn’t he think he could start? By the way Justin fields did not replace Mitchell Trubisky, Andy Dalton was Mitch’s replacement. Before that Nick Foles was Mitch‘s replacement. Andy and Nick weren’t brought here to be back ups they err brought here to compete to be a starter. It’s obvious now that Matt Nagy did not want Mitch and he didn’t want Justin. The biggest knock on Trubisky is his inaccurate deep ball but, we’ve seen him drop dimes down the field so it’s not like he does not have the physical ability but he is just inconsistent. So it’s reasonable to think if he is comfortable with the coach and he is confident with himself that would be correctable.

Now to be fair I think Mitch has a better opportunity in Pittsburgh and in Green Bay and in Cleveland, and probably a few other places. The only reason it would make sense to have him come to Chicago would be familiarity if Daboll is the coach.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Absolutely! I also think every NFL player wants to start, I think they all have an ego that makes them think that they were better than they are.

If he comes back to Chicago why wouldn’t he think he could start? By the way Justin fields did not replace Mitchell Trubisky, Andy Dalton was Mitch’s replacement. Before that Nick Foles was Mitch‘s replacement. Andy and Nick weren’t brought here to be back ups they err brought here to compete to be a starter. It’s obvious now that Matt Nagy did not want Mitch and he didn’t want Justin. The biggest knock on Trubisky is his inaccurate deep ball but, we’ve seen him drop dimes down the field so it’s not like he does not have the physical ability but he is just inconsistent. So it’s reasonable to think if he is comfortable with the coach and he is confident with himself that would be correctable.

Now to be fair I think Mitch has a better opportunity in Pittsburgh and in Green Bay and in Cleveland, and probably a few other places. The only reason it would make sense to have him come to Chicago would be familiarity if Daboll is the coach.

I get your points.

Keep in mind, when a Qb is drafted in the first round, in todays NFL, he's gonna start. As for comfort with Daboll. I still don't think, from a logistically standpoint the Bear org. would bring Mitch back. If u were Mitch would u wanna comeback and be Fields' back-up ??

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get your points.

Keep in mind, when a Qb is drafted in the first round, in todays NFL, he's gonna start. As for comfort with Daboll. I still don't think, from a logistically standpoint the Bear org. would bring Mitch back. If u were Mitch would u wanna comeback and be Fields' back-up ??
I don't think anyone wants to come in and be Fields' backup or for that matter Jordan Love's backup. Anyone other then a career journeyman will want to come in and compete with any QB in place who hasn't proven them self as a starter. Nick Foles is our backup QB and any thought that he should be replaced would be a bad decision. They need to support Justin and not bring in any competition or distractions. If they did bring in Trubisky, Cam Newton, Winston, or any former starter then believe me that person would think it is a competition because Justin Fields hasn't proven anything and the people who drafted him are gone.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If daboll takes the Giants job it def makes sense for him to grab mitch on the cheap to compete for the starting job.

Gonna love seeing mitch turn all the TV's off in new york.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think anyone wants to come in and be Fields' backup or for that matter Jordan Love's backup. Anyone other then a career journeyman will want to come in and compete with any QB in place who hasn't proven them self as a starter. Nick Foles is our backup QB and any thought that he should be replaced would be a bad decision. They need to support Justin and not bring in any competition or distractions. If they did bring in Trubisky, Cam Newton, Winston, or any former starter then believe me that person would think it is a competition because Justin Fields hasn't proven anything and the people who drafted him are gone.

Here's the take away>>>>"They need to support Justin"
The only other thing I'd suggest is bringing in a veteran back up with some mobility who's good with being a mentor to Fields

Last edited:

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only other thing I'd suggest is bringing in a veteran back up with some mobility who's good with being a mentor to Fields
A veteran with mobility? Are you still trying to get Mitch back in the Chi? Not a good idea as being explained to you before.. isn’t Foles still under contract? Why would you want to spend more cap on luxury shopping when we need WR,CB, and OL to fill.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
A veteran with mobility? Are you still trying to get Mitch back in the Chi? Not a good idea as being explained to you before.. isn’t Foles still under contract? Why would you want to spend more cap on luxury shopping when we need WR,CB, and OL to fill.

You mentioned "a career journeyman". Dalton is probably gonna leave . We're gonna need a 3rd Qb. No I'm not advocating spending "more cap on luxury shopping". And no I'm not advocating Mitch come back. I never said Mitch should come back.

You initiated the discussion about Mitch coming, remember>>>>>#16
I just said no to that....... right here, remember? >>>#34

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
source your QB3 from practice squad. save money. ^_^

the amount of money Ryan Pace spent on backup quarterbacks is honestly amazing, even when he had pick of the litter in the 2017 draft to get whoever he wanted. he chose Rex Grossman Jr. change my mind.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Could Ryan Poles bring him back on the cheap?

Mitch was well liked by his teammates. Since Pace and Nagy are out of the building Mitch is more inclined to comeback if he can't find any bread to his liking elsewhere.