***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

TL1961

Liked Posts:
my assumption is that maybe Arians wants to go back to playcalling in order to keep Brady for at least another year. I doubt Brady wants to play with a new OC who is learning on the job.
That was my take as well.
I have a feeling Brady hangs them up now, but if not, I see Brady and Arians both retiring next offseason.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
14:10

Kap mentions that he's heard if Quinn is hired he's going to bring in an OC from a team where the HC is the play-caller--somebody like Kevin O'Connell who's under Sean McVay, or Mike Kafka who's the QB coach in KC.

Maybe that nerdy hipster from SF would be on that list too.
Has Kap actually heard anything that has turned out to be factual?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
14:10

Kap mentions that he's heard if Quinn is hired he's going to bring in an OC from a team where the HC is the play-caller--somebody like Kevin O'Connell who's under Sean McVay, or Mike Kafka who's the QB coach in KC.

Maybe that nerdy hipster from SF would be on that list too.

McDaniel worked under Quinn in Atlanta. Maybe it is time he step out from Shanny's shadow.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That was my take as well.
I have a feeling Brady hangs them up now, but if not, I see Brady and Arians both retiring next offseason.

I dont see a guy still throwing for 40 TDs retiring until he actually shows some significant decline. Dude is too competitive and wants to put the QBs records out of reach.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Calling it now: it's going to be Caldwell, for better or worse.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Of the people with ties to Poles who have been interviewed, Flores with Caldwell at OC would be my favorite.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I’d like to know why bears are so interested in KC coaches and executives after failing with KC’s OC Nagy as Gead coach. Anyone else?

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
I’d like to know why bears are so interested in KC coaches and executives after failing with KC’s OC Nagy as Gead coach. Anyone else?
Nope.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Scouted, drafted, developed and built team around the best QB in a generation for one. Made playoffs 8 of last 9 years for two. Favorites for third SB appearance in a row for three. Lost SB in 2020 in large part due to decimated OL, effectively remade OL in one season for four.

Pace was an over promoted defensive scout and couldn’t see through Matt Nagy’s BS. Does that mean the KC “tree” is poisoned?

In Poles’ defense, he was reportedly Bill Polian’s first choice of 15 candidates. That he was first on George, Ted and the other’s lists is meaningless to me. Polian is 79 years old…he could have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, but he built three SB teams in three different eras. He didn’t stop being smart* about football.

None of this means Poles will be great, but I’d like to believe that if Polian were part of the 2015 process, Pace would have never been hired.

*Re: Polian’s Lamarr Jackson assessment. I would guess a large percentage of NFL evaluators thought the same thing, and they wouldn’t have been wrong. LJ could have been a tremendous WR or played any number of different positions. Polian knows LJ can play.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Scouted, drafted, developed and built team around the best QB in a generation for one. Made playoffs 8 of last 9 years for two. Favorites for third SB appearance in a row for three. Lost SB in 2020 in large part due to decimated OL, effectively remade OL in one season for four.

Pace was an over promoted defensive scout and couldn’t see through Matt Nagy’s BS. Does that mean the KC “tree” is poisoned?

In Poles’ defense, he was reportedly Bill Polian’s first choice of 15 candidates. That he was first on George, Ted and the other’s lists is meaningless to me. Polian is 70 years old…he could have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, but he built three SB teams in three different eras. He didn’t stop being smart about football.
Polian is 79 and yes people do often lose significant cognitive ability at that age.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Polian is 79 and yes people do often lose significant cognitive ability at that age.

And others remain sharp as a tack until the end. Thanks I corrected his age to 79.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
And others remain sharp as a tack until the end.
Well you thought he was a decade younger than he is and said you'd trust his judgment pretty much under any circumstances and said he'd never stop being smart.

Ernie Accorsi was a great football guy for several decades as well.