Ryan Poles Head Coaching Interviews....

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Poles interviewing Dan Quinn and Matt Eberflus today and per Ian Rapoport a decision could be coming soon.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
If Poles has nobody to interview either than the candidates already selected by George and Ted that does not look very good for our Bears.
I agree. I don't care how folks NOW view Dan Quinn. One of the primary reasons he was let go by Arthur Blank and ATL, is because he was terrible in his coordinator and staff hires. Absolutely terrible. Oh, that and the losing big leads in 4th quarters of many many games. Outside of the Shannahan years, his offenses were flat out awful.

To top it off, his teams would go on woeful losing streaks, where the team could not get out of its own way, lots of penalties, sloppy play and ... Sound familiar?

No Thanks. Give me either of the other two guys.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly think Poles came here for Fields and I think he will put an offensive minded HC in place....or a defensive guy that has a slam dunk OC that has guaranteed to come.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Like don't love Caldwell. Quinn is aight. Eberflus, and Frazier, definitely don't do shit for me.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I honestly think Poles came here for Fields and I think he will put an offensive minded HC in place....or a defensive guy that has a slam dunk OC that has guaranteed to come.
Caldwell is the only of the finalists that comes from the offensive side of the ball. And actually, his head coaching record is pretty good. If not for a 2-14 year when Peyton Manning sat out the whole year with his neck issue, his head coaching record would be way above .500.... with much of that coaching Detroit as well.

Last edited:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If Poles has nobody to interview either than the candidates already selected by George and Ted that does not look very good for our Bears.
I'd agree with this, provided that these weren't already on his short list. You'd think that a guy who has been in strong contention for a GM position the last year or so, who is even remotely prepared, would have a list of potential HCs he would want to talk to.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
"This worries me. If Poles was told that he can pick his HC from the pool of George and Polian's final three candidates then the process is tainted. Perhaps this is why Dodds got cold feet?"

Where have you read this?
From what I have read, Poles accepted this job on one condition..

" ‘OK, here's the deal. I'm doing the interviews, me, and I'm making the call. Don't tell me who (Bill) Polian wants to hire or who Ernie Accorsi wants to hire or who Virginia (McCaskey) wants. I'm picking my head coach or I'm getting on a plane to Minneapolis,’"