Ryan Poles Head Coaching Interviews....

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No head coaching hires yet for teams needing a coach says a lot about the candidates out there.
I am surprised that Bieniemy isn't getting any interviews.

Edit: any interviews with any team.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I like the idea, but Caldwell could be the Bears coach for the next 10 years for all we know.
If he is the HC for the next 10 years, it would be a huge win for the Bears.

He would be HC as long as Ditka. The only HC with more time was Halas himself.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I am surprised that Bieniemy isn't getting any interviews.
After the Nagy shitshow, I am not even a little surprised. I dont even think Bienemy calls plays, does he?

I mean, at least Nagy had some experience as a playcaller.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Just doesn't mesh with Poles allegedly saying "all Fields needs is weapons around him", and you want to take a look at a failed DC candidate in Dan Quinn? If you want to weaponize Fields you would think that hot OCs like Daboll, O'Connell or even Hackett would get a look.
No matter what we say here it is all speculation as to what Poles is looking for in an HC. Being around Andy Reid for his whole career Poles might just want a veteran HC as his first choice, as long as said coach has a plan that leads to the development of Fields

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he is the HC for the next 10 years, it would be a huge win for the Bears.

He would be HC as long as Ditka. The only HC with more time was Halas himself.
The point was- we can't have a coach in waiting because he's 66. That's all.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I think when Manning went down Caldwell had some garbage Qb. I'd have to look him up. If ya look at Caldwell's resume it's one of success vs failure. Plus he brings HC experience.

Like Sean Payton losing Brees, struggling and saying.. fuck this, Im out??

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Getting a name like that makes Quinn more intriguing, but I also think the chances of that are low. Going from OC to OC, do the 49ers give the Bears permission to interview him? Does the front office want to pair an “inexperienced” OC with Fields.

asst head coach title to go along with the OC role...

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Caldwell gets the HC job, and I don't HATE that possibility, who is an OC that you'd like paired with him—some young emerging coach maybe?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Poles might just want a veteran HC as his first choice, as long as said coach has a plan that leads to the development of Fields
Understood. But certainly every candidate came in with a "plan" for Fields. A first round choice that struggled his first year, anybody with a brain knows that is a talking point.

What I am say is show me a candidate who HAS developed QBs. Caldwell, Quinn and Eberflus don't fit that role at all.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Caldwell gets the HC job, and I don't HATE that possibility, who is an OC that you'd like paired with him—some young emerging coach maybe?
That's just it- I don't think you get a young emerging OC. Young emerging OCs usually pair themselves with defensive mind head coaches so they can call the plays- such as Shanahan in Atlanta under Quinn, Stefanski in Minnesota under Zimmer or LaFleur in Tennessee under Vrable to name a few.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Has Poles interviewed any of his own candidates or is he just interviewing who he was told to interview?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
How about Caldwell as HC and some up and coming offensive guru as the OC?

To me, that is the best possible solution. Caldwell gives this brainiac his first opportunity to have the OC title while still being able to lead him because of his (Caldwell's) offensive background.

A defensive HC would be unable to guide a young brainiac because he doesn't have the offensive background.

I would be more than ok with Caldwell as HC, a Fangio as DC (he controls the defensive side of the ball) and some young wonderchild who can grow with Fields with gentle guidance from Caldwell.

If Caldwell gets sick, Fangio can be his backup.

Once Caldwell decides to retire, that wonderchild can then become the head coach, having learned the OC position and gotten some insights into being a HC from Caldwell and Fangio. I believe that Fangio will be fine being a DC for the rest of his career.
I can live with Caldwell if he isn’t calling plays. I actually think he can bring good culture to the organization if his focus is being a HC and not worry about play calling. The question becomes, who is the brainiac OC.

The next HC should do whatever they can to bring Fangio back.