***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I kind of doubt that Caldwell would concede being an OC for CHI after not getting the HC job for CHI.

If he has a big ego then maybe not but unless he gets another gig someome the longer he stays out of coaching the less likely someone is just going to hand him a HC gig.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
probably a power struggle going on in clown land right now. Poles is probably like wtf did I get myself into.
They surely discussed HC preferences and strategy prior to hiring Poles

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Would think the new HC will have an OC set. If Caldwell needs a job later they can always bring him in as a Consultant

Rise

Liked Posts:
Lol are they really going to hire Caldwell? Sure looking like it.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wish Bezos owned the Bears. 100M to Jim Harbaugh e-z money.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Lol are they really going to hire Caldwell? Sure looking like it.

Am I missing something? I don't see anywhere that implies a decision has been made. At this point, I am just hoping that Poles interviews another 1 or 2 people in person (guys like Hackett, Leftwich, or maybe DaBoll) then makes a decision.

The fact that the Jaguars still haven't hired anyone and DaBoll left NYG and is now rumored to MIA tells me everything should still be wide open. No real need to rush. None of these candidates appear to really be separating themselves...with anyone.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Am I missing something? I don't see anywhere that implies a decision has been made. At this point, I am just hoping that Poles interviews another 1 or 2 people in person (guys like Hackett, Leftwich, or maybe DaBoll) then makes a decision.

The fact that the Jaguars still haven't hired anyone and DaBoll left NYG and is now rumored to MIA tells me everything should still be wide open. No real need to rush. None of these candidates appear to really be separating themselves...with anyone.

I just feel like if it was going to be Quinn it would have been today, tomorrow they will announce Caldwell.

Canth

Liked Posts:
i just noticed DBB said he liked Quinn. Didn't he already call Caldwell the favorite? Its hard keeping up. I remember why i unfollowed years ago.

I think last night DBB said if Caldwell is the hire then Poles got pushed into it by the hiring committee. If Quinn was the hire, then he was exerting his prerogative or something like that.

Quinn has been linked to Denver, Chicago, and now New York as a favorite. So, who the heck knows.

For a long while, Allbright had DaBoll going to Chicago until the GM connection wtih NYG. Now, that appears to have fallen flat as he left with no contract and is rumored to MIA. Honestly, that concerns me a bit with DaBoll as Schoen has seen DaBoll up close in Buffalo for several years now and it was considered very much a quick and easy match. Although, Mara stepping in today and saying they are going to stick with Daniel Jones may be playing a part of that for any prospective HC. Also seems to be undermining his new GM.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Newsflash most of these guys whether blog, beat reporter or national reporter don't know shit. They just throw shit against the wall to see what sticks. They all may have sources but their sources don't have a complete knowledge of the situation and just reading their own tea leaves and sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong. Sometimes they were right but someone making the decision changed their mind. Best not to get too emotionally invested in all this gossip.

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
Newsflash most of these guys whether blog, beat reporter or national reporter don't know shit. They just throw shit against the wall to see what sticks. They all may have sources but their sources don't have a complete knowledge of the situation and just reading their own tea leaves and sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong. Sometimes they were right but someone making the decision changed their mind. Best not to get to emotionally invested in all this gossip.

Good advice but still no other interviews are scheduled. Ian Rappaport I’d say is pretty legit and he said expect a decision soon.

Rise

Liked Posts:

Allbright implying that Quinn will try to leverage a potential Chicago offer with Denver.

Lol that’s bronco homerism, he is playing to his base with that one. Trust me I know Denver fans they are on a different level of delusional.

Just look at that division unless he is assured he is getting Aaron Rodgers he is doomed to be fired taking that job. It’s probably the worst job next to the saints.

Even if you do believe it, he can fuck off Quinn ain’t shit to lose sleep over.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Lol that’s bronco homerism, he is playing to his base with that one. Trust me I know Denver fans they are on a different level of delusional.

Just look at that division unless he is assured he is getting Aaron Rodgers he is doomed to be fired taking that job. It’s probably the worst job next to the saints.

Even if you do believe it, he can fuck off Quinn ain’t shit to lose sleep over.
I live in Denver. You're not lying.

The Tebow craze of 2011 had me genuinely concerned for people's mental health.

Last edited: