Hackett to Broncos

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
So does that leave Quinn with bears or giants? What other teams are in on him?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Broncos are clearly hoping for Rodgers with this, although Hackett is a solid coach imo.

Would be tough for DEN to sign Adams, imo, they just gave eight figure per year deals to Sutton and Patrick, and they also have Jeudy and Fant (plus Hamler although he looks like a bust). Probably want to put their $ elsewhere like into OL.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Finally someone gets hired. Dominoes will start to fall quickly now. I’m looking forward to watching all the games in that division assuming Rodgers gets traded there.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Broncos are clearly hoping for Rodgers with this, although Hackett is a solid coach imo.

Would be tough for DEN to sign Adams, imo, they just gave eight figure per year deals to Sutton and Patrick, and they also have Jeudy and Fant (plus Hamler although he looks like a bust). Probably want to put their $ elsewhere like into OL.
They would need to trade for Rodgers so they could attach a big money guy if the Packers would be up for it. Sutton would be a solid consolation prize for losing Adams. Besides, if the Denver is looking to pull this off, they're only concerned with the next 2 years really anyway.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They would need to trade for Rodgers so they could attach a big money guy if the Packers would be up for it. Sutton would be a solid consolation prize for losing Adams. Besides, if the Denver is looking to pull this off, they're only concerned with the next 2 years really anyway.
Packers aren't going to want a big money guy, they are going to want picks. Even if they trade Rodgers they are $25mil over the cap.

Edit: maybe Jeudy who is on a rookie deal?

Last edited:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Packers aren't going to want a big money guy, they are going to want picks. Even if they trade Rodgers they are $25mil over the cap.
if they trade rodgers they will go into a rebuild meaning they will cut guys like cobb, smith, amos etc...they can take on a sutton/patrick along with jeudy and picks...the packers have no WR's so they will need a sutton/patrick along with jeudy and draft picks to replenish that group for love or whoever their starting qb ends up being.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
if they trade rodgers they will go into a rebuild meaning they will cut guys like cobb, smith, amos etc...they can take on a sutton/patrick along with jeudy and picks...the packers have no WR's so they will need a sutton/patrick along with jeudy and draft picks to replenish that group for love or whoever their starting qb ends up being.
Why would they take on a guy like Patrick, for example, who only has a three year deal if they are going into rebuild?

They will want to cleat cap space. If they traded Rodgers and cut all their high priced vets - that's both Smiths, Cobb, and Amos - they would have about $16mil in cap space. They will need probably at least $6-8mil for rookies and they probably have players they want to resign, maybe Tonyan, Campbell, Douglas.

Just seems like a strange fit. Certainly could see Jeudy.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be at all surprised if Aaron and/or Adams goes there. Doubtful because this isn't the NBA. Not sure if Denver has enough ammo to pull it off.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Rodgers would be a fool to go to that division.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

Edit: maybe Jeudy who is on a rookie deal?
Yea I think they'd want to cut salary as much as possible as well.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Rodgers would be a fool to go to that division.
I doubt Aaron Rodgers is scared of going to a division.

Besides, Denver has a very good roster and plenty of cap space for Rodgers and a couple other higher level FAs.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Why would they take on a guy like Patrick, for example, who only has a three year deal if they are going into rebuild?

They will want to cleat cap space. If they traded Rodgers and cut all their high priced vets - that's both Smiths, Cobb, and Amos - they would have about $16mil in cap space. They will need probably at least $6-8mil for rookies and they probably have players they want to resign, maybe Tonyan, Campbell, Douglas.

Just seems like a strange fit. Certainly could see Jeudy.
Yeah I don't see the packers rebuilding. That's not their MO and they have a roster built to win now. They'll push money into the future. I don't think Rodgers is leaving either

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is interesting, and poses an enigma- do you hire a guy who can build an offense that works when you have a HOF QB who makes a living extending plays so he can basically throw to a HOF wide-receiver, or do you hire a guy that can build an offense that will work with anyone?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah I don't see the packers rebuilding. That's not their MO and they have a roster built to win now. They'll push money into the future. I don't think Rodgers is leaving either
They've never had to because they've gotten lucky with QBs and have dealt with the cap well, until this current regime.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
It's definitely to lure Rodgers, but I think Rodgers would hate to go to Denver. It's a championship or bust kind of move wherever he goes, but if he doesn't come through for Denver the same way that Peyton did, it basically ends the debate for who's better in the pantheon of quarterbacking.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think Adams will get tagged

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I just don't see how the Packers can pass on 3 first round picks plus players on their rookie deal if the Broncos offered it. Plus they would get an opportunity to see what they have in Love. Yeah he has sucked so far but lots of QBs suck until they get a year under their belt. If you don't play Love, you basically wasted a 1st round pick without playing them. Even if Love does suck, you would have so much ammo to draft another QB high with a lot of young talent.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I just don't see how the Packers can pass on 3 first round picks plus players on their rookie deal if the Broncos offered it. Plus they would get an opportunity to see what they have in Love. Yeah he has sucked so far but lots of QBs suck until they get a year under their belt. If you don't play Love, you basically wasted a 1st round pick without playing them. Even if Love does suck, you would have so much ammo to draft another QB high with a lot of young talent.
I dont think you can get three 1sts for a 38 yr old QB. One 1st and maybe a 3rd or 2nd round pick IMO.