Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Not the sexiest pick but out of all 3 guys, I’ll take my chances with him. I just need him to get lucky on hiring a competent OC.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Uhmm, not really when the Bears defensive personnel is 3-4. They have enough holes on offense to rebuild the defense.
Eberflus took over Pagano's 3-4 unit in Indy which was a bottom 5 unit the season before. With virtually the same players as his predecessor Eberflus got a top 10 performance from a bunch of guys that didnt fit his 4-3 scheme in his first season as DC.

The guy can coach. Who he hires to run the offense is more important than him being a 4-3 guy.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nice to see DBB joined CCS under a new moniker.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Not the sexiest pick but out of all 3 guys, I’ll take my chances with him. I just need him to get lucky on hiring a competent OC.
My biggest question would be, Does he have a lot of connections? Can he find the right guy to mentor Fields?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I still wouldn't be surprised with Vic coming back, I have a feeling Eberflus is going to be more CEO than over bearing meddling boss. I think we saw what happens when your HC tries to make every player fit into his preconceived scheme and there will be an effort to let the coordinators do their thing.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
His defense mostly performed very well in indy. I hope the defense falls apart because blaming that defense for the teams issues is sad.

That’s good. None of that says he’ll be special though. I feel like he’s going to be the next Lovie. I know many would like that… that’s not good enough for me.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Gus...You're not in the class room..If you keep asking people what they mean and to explain things, sooner or later someone is going to tell you to go fuck yourself...Something I did years ago!
Oh, I'm sorry that it'd be nice if people actually backed up their asinine thoughts.