This is a trash HC hire

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Which ones are very good? I count two. Granted both of them are very, very good. But other than that there isn't one guy who starts on most teams in the NFL.
No one here likes Kenny Moore, huh?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm just saying what the excuses would be for all the other guys, and you know you'd see them.

Nothing yet. I personally like trying to find the next good head coach for the next 10 years rather than grabbing retreads so I'm keeping an open mind. Hopefully Poles is the real deal because it appears he got to choose his own head coach.

Probably best to become Chiefs or Bills fan then. :)

Oh I'm a Bear fan 1st. But I have other teams I pull for when the Bears are done for the season.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Eberflus Pep

View attachment 17207View attachment 17208
Im sorry but coaching QBs doesn't make you a more experienced coach. It makes you more experienced with QBs. They both have the same amount of NFL experience. The difference is that Eberflus hasn't washed out multiple times.

watch this from the 8:16......this defensive coach has a lot of input on developing a qb

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My concern is that Poles really didn't interview many candidates and seems to have rushed a decision he didn't need to rush.

Even if you go defense and hire a DC, at least interview multiple offensive minded coaches to hear out their plan for offense. Get a full, well rounded picture abd make an informative decision. Afterall, the hope is that you only do this once and get it right.

Sorry, but on the surface, it looks like a rookie move where our young GM was too impatient or easily impressionable.

Very good points
OR he could've been pushed. I heard the others wanted Caldwell or quinn. Who knows.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Very good points
OR he could've been pushed. I heard the others wanted Caldwell or quinn. Who knows.
It's certainly believable when you looked our how this played out:

1. Bears brass interviews multiple HC and GM candidates
2. Bears then decide to hire a young GM.
3. New Young GM interviews 3 defensive minded coaches over 50 years old.
4. Hires 51 year old DC Matt Eberflus

It certainly is a possibility that Poles was directed toward potential candidates and was told to choose from them.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
watch this from the 8:16......this defensive coach has a lot of input on developing a qb
I'm not sure what it has to do with what I was saying?
R&S used QB coaching experience like it means more experience than someone who doesn't coach QBs. Coaching experience is coaching experience. There is no positional value that makes someone more experienced, it just makes them more experienced with a specific position.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm talking qualifications and YOU bring race into it.

Dude its so painfully obvious who the racist is here. Take a look in mirror.
LOL, as if you don't constantly use code words like "qualifications" when the only defining difference in individuals is race, then you throw in a GOAT white example like Belichick or Brady to try and throw people off the stench of your overt racism.

Last edited:

Feeva

Liked Posts:
Should of just hired Fangio if we wanted defense. This guy runs a 4-3 . He must of had a hell of an interview

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LOL, as if you don't constantly use code words like "qualifications" when the only defining difference is race, then you throw in a GOAT white example like Belichick or Brady to try and throw people off the stench of your overt racism.
You're like the 5th person to accuse him of being racist. It's one thing when one post might make someone jump to that conclusion but that is not the case.

Dude is a racist. @Chicagosports89 can confirm.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I completely agree. His mentor is 0-16 Rod, runs the outdated cover who defense, has apparently no plan for offense, old at 51 for a first time HC. Basically Dick Jauron all over again, when they got desperate. Will be average, .500 type because he will have a basic plan that will work against bad teams. No chance of anything great, just depressing.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You're like the 5th person to accuse him of being racist. It's one thing when one post might make someone jump to that conclusion but that is not the case.

Dude is a racist. @Chicagosports89 can confirm.
I remember when he was all up in arms that the Bears didn't look into Josh Freeman or Terrelle Pryor for QB.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
There's nothing about this FLU guy that screams HC. This is a perfect example of an unqualified person being over more qualified ppl i.e. Caldwell, Pederson, Harbaugh, Hamilton. It looks like the Jags will hire the guy who's had a top 5 offense the last 3yrs.
I read where Caldwell came in with a plan for Fields. What plan does this FLU guy have for anything? 0
Yeah, I'm gonna get flack for these statements, cuz I'm expected to just go along.
You've missed the genius of the hire.

Because of this hire, every game will be "The Flu Game" and the star (Fields in this situation) will play his ass off until he has to be carried off the field at the end of the game, victorious.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
There's nothing about this FLU guy that screams HC. This is a perfect example of an unqualified person being over more qualified ppl i.e. Caldwell, Pederson, Harbaugh, Hamilton. It looks like the Jags will hire the guy who's had a top 5 offense the last 3yrs.
I read where Caldwell came in with a plan for Fields. What plan does this FLU guy have for anything? 0
Yeah, I'm gonna get flack for these statements, cuz I'm expected to just go along.
Cause he lacks your prerequisite and paramount qualities of a commitment to winning and leadership?

Have you already forgotten the fact that your stated qualities for a Bears HC are not the same as the qualities sought by peoples with branes?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL...."washed out multiple times." I doubt you'll elaborate on that odd comment.

Anyway.....If u look closely, you'll see has Hamilton has more than Qb development background. He's been a OC and a GM-HC in the XFL. Hamilton has more pro experience than the flu guy. TRUTH.
He did a terrible job in Chicago, so he ended up coaching WRs in college. You don't get demoted when you do a good job. That is washing out. Pep has had a career of inconsistency. But i don't expect you acknowledge that because all you do is lie. You don't even remember that multiple Bears QBs were benched under Pep and you use the injury excuse.

Stop lying about things to push your coaching narratives. You did it with Roman. You're doing it with Pep. Many coaches are more qualified to be a HC than Eberflus, Pep is not one of them. They're essentially the same thing.

Why was Pep AHC in Michigan and then not?
Why was Pep a HC in a league that no one cares about and then a positional coach?

How come he cant consistently move up on a coaching chain of command?

I never lie. And if I'm wrong, I admit it. I've never heard u admit to being wrong. When ppl present factual info, you go into avoidance mode and or ghost mode.( like u did when I provided factual info on Hamilton's time here >>>link #129 )
The only problem I had with Roman was predictable play calling and designed Qb runs, And I provided several articles on this.

Rex experienced injuries and was also benched. Thats a good thing. It shows good coaching vs sticking with a non performer. When HC's get fired, that's typically means the staff is gone too. Did u know that? Hell I've seen plenty of
unqualified "move up on a coaching chain of command". I'm seeing it with this flu guy over more other qualified ppl.

Look at the 2021 hires.....and the tell me they were most qualified.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
I don't get it with this hire either.

Better bring in Lovie Smith as DC as long as we're going back to Bears roots.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
He did a terrible job in Chicago, so he ended up coaching WRs in college. You don't get demoted when you do a good job. That is washing out. Pep has had a career of inconsistency. But i don't expect you acknowledge that because all you do is lie. You don't even remember that multiple Bears QBs were benched under Pep and you use the injury excuse.

Stop lying about things to push your coaching narratives. You did it with Roman. You're doing it with Pep. Many coaches are more qualified to be a HC than Eberflus, Pep is not one of them. They're essentially the same thing.

Why was Pep AHC in Michigan and then not?
Why was Pep a HC in a league that no one cares about and then a positional coach?

How come he cant consistently move up on a coaching chain of command?
Michigan fans were elated when Pep Hamilton left or was forced out.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get it with this hire either.

Better bring in Lovie Smith as DC as long as we're going back to Bears roots.
I'd rather have a former OC as head coach but Eberflus has had a top 10 defense at Indy and did a very credible job over 5 years. I understand why he would be considered a HC candidate.