This is a trash HC hire

Rise

Liked Posts:
Here's the deal. Many people here were absolutely certain that Polian was forcing his people on the Bears. Many criticized the Bears for listening to a man his age, but nobody can name a more qualified NFL executive who could have been hired to do the consulting.

And then we heard many say Polian was going to force the Indy guys on the Bears. But it didn't happen.

Then the complaint was taht the GM was going to have to pick from the guys he was forced to consider - even though every person with knowledge of the situation has reported that the GM candidates were asked who their coaching candidates were, and Poles included Eberflus.

Now it is reported that between George, Teddy, Polian and one other, they were split 2 for Caldwell and 2 for Quinn. And the GM we were certain was being told what to do hired Eberflus.

And you STILL insist they didn't let him do his own thing.

There's no reasoning with you.

Because it makes zero sense but what it does do is protect the Bears owner.

1 of 2 things are true.

1. Bears owner did what he said he was going to do and picked his GM and HC.

2. Our new gm from KC was completely in love with Eberflus, he didn’t even want to talk to other candidates. So much so that he reached out via back channels and told the bears before even meeting them to setup a 2nd interview with this guy. In which case if this guy flops he needs to be fired right along with him.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Amazing how many dufuslike people can bury a guy before he's coached even one game......he hasn't even had a press conference yet. LOL

This forum is overloaded with boneheads.
Here is hoping he enters the presser, approaches the dais, grabs the mic and exclaims, I am the "whys" bitches, drops the mic and walks off.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I can't add much to this thread, but I will say I'm glad a DC was hired as HC. Main reason being that the new OC will be able to spend more time working with Fields and the Offense. If the HC was an OC he would have to divide time among Offense, Defense and Special Teams. Not to mention other responsibilities. So the key is who will be hired as OC and QBs coach. Not the HC being an OC. Also, who is drafted and signed in FA to fit into an Offensive or Defensive scheme is all that matters. Who cares what happened in Indy? You should be caring about what's going to happen with Da Bears. And who cares what Colt fans say? I don't give a f*-k what other teams do, l care what Da Bears do and the journey they are going to take to win another SB.....or two or three.......?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I can't add much to this thread, but I will say I'm glad a DC was hired as HC. Main reason being that the new OC will be able to spend more time working with Fields and the Offense. If the HC was an OC he would have to divide time among Offense, Defense and Special Teams. Not to mention other responsibilities. So the key is who will be hired as OC and QBs coach. Not the HC being an OC. Also, who is drafted and signed in FA to fit into an Offensive or Defensive scheme is all that matters. Who cares what happened in Indy? You should be caring about what's going to happen with Da Bears. And who cares what Colt fans say? I don't give a f*-k what other teams do, l care what Da Bears do and the journey they are going to take to win another SB.....or two or three.......?
wait a minute, there's an HC, an OC, an DC, an ST coach plus the others. Now wouldn't it make sense to double the effort with an Head coach whom is originally an offensive coach overlooking his OC to be sure he knows we're going in the right direction? We don't actually need defense help as bad, at least for the time being, why not develop your new QB for sure and sooner, especially after ruining his game with a fraudulent coach. Bears could of had double up the effort for Justin but not this year so far.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
how is the Jags loss on him when they scored 11 points? sounds like idiot fan talk

take it easy bud. I’m just sharing what I’ve seen and what Colts fans I know have seen. You can disagree if you want. I never said that because I have Colts fan buddies it adds credibility to my statements, just sharing thoughts

promise you he’ll be fired tho in 3 seasons

Soterod

Liked Posts:
run and shoot said:

Tell me why he was hired over more qualified ppl?

Both Harbaugh and Caldwell have been to SB's. Caldwell left Detroit with a winning record and playoff appearances.
But u say Caldwell "was horrible in Detroit ". What has Det. done since he left ???

BTW....Caldwell was left with Curtis Painter at time Qb when Manning went down. Did u expect Caldwell to put his hand on Painter's head and turn him into Patrick Mahomes??
run and shoot said:

Tell me why he was hired over more qualified ppl?

Both Harbaugh and Caldwell have been to SB's. Caldwell left Detroit with a winning record and playoff appearances.
But u say Caldwell "was horrible in Detroit ". What has Det. done since he left ???

BTW....Caldwell was left with Curtis Painter at time Qb when Manning went down. Did u expect Caldwell to put his hand on Painter's head and turn him into Patrick Mahomes???
Caldwell didn’t do shit manning did it .that my point he still had talent on that team and they still had the number one daft pick .

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
wait a minute, there's an HC, an OC, an DC, an ST coach plus the others. Now wouldn't it make sense to double the effort with an Head coach whom is originally an offensive coach overlooking his OC to be sure he knows we're going in the right direction? We don't actually need defense help as bad, at least for the time being, why not develop your new QB for sure and sooner, especially after ruining his game with a fraudulent coach. Bears could of had double up the effort for Justin but not this year so far.
Valid response....... I guess its an opinion situation.... I say give the OC control of the Offense and just the Offense.....let him groom the QB into the Offensive system.....focusing only on the Offense and nothing else, I think will have it running smoother in a shorter amount of time. Doubling the effort imo will take away from the Defense and STs. Again, the real key, to me, is who will become the next OC and QBs coach.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Caldwell didn’t do shit manning did it .that my point he still had talent on that team and they still had the number one daft pick .
Please answer the questions

BTW....Caldwell was left with Curtis Painter at time Qb when Manning went down. Did u expect Caldwell to put his hand on Painter's head and turn him into Patrick Mahomes???

Soterod

Liked Posts:

I expect him to do a serviceable job not have the number one pick the following year

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Valid response....... I guess its an opinion situation.... I say give the OC control of the Offense and just the Offense.....let him groom the QB into the Offensive system.....focusing only on the Offense and nothing else, I think will have it running smoother in a shorter amount of time. Doubling the effort imo will take away from the Defense and STs. Again, the real key, to me, is who will become the next OC and QBs coach.
jeez man, enough with bears defense story lines IMO, it's time to double the fuck down on Offense and get with the program and catch up to the new NFL. Mahomes and co. basically won a game in fucking 13 seconds.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I'd love to give you a few dislikes because of this thread, but since you're a bitch I know you'll run to zack.

cd35

Liked Posts:
You don't know that.

This is a hire where literally nobody really knows how this will turn out. It's not exciting, It's not sexy. It's OK wait and see.

Now of course bc this is the dumpster fire that is the Chicago Bears it's normal to lean towards this is just another incompetent fuck up.

But no one will know until the results come in.

I personally gave a head shake and shrug. But I really don't care about anything with this team at this point except when seeing actual results.

If he turns out to be a good coach, great.

If not, that's just the usual.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
You don't know that.

This is a hire where literally nobody really knows how this will turn out. It's not exciting, It's not sexy. It's OK wait and see.

Now of course bc this is the dumpster fire that is the Chicago Bears it's normal to lean towards this is just another incompetent fuck up.

But no one will know until the results come in.

I personally gave a head shake and shrug. But I really don't care about anything with this team at this point except when seeing actual results.

If he turns out to be a good coach, great.

If not, that's just the usual.
This is exactly my thoughts/feelings. This is how all Bears fans should approach this hire or any future hires. I’ll always support the Bears win or lose but I’m done getting excited or being disappointed about coaching hires, draft picks, FA signings, etc.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I expect him to do a serviceable job not have the number one pick the following year
What has Det. done since Caldwell left ???

Curtis Painter "serviceable" career.​

1643354276351.png
Again......Did u expect Caldwell to put his hand on Painter's head and turn him into Patrick Mahomes???