Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So somewhat similar to a manager in baseball that benches a player for not hustling down the line on a one hopper to the 2nd baseman. Great, never mind the talent and skill set.
head-nod-agree.gif

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
go and check thru @Grimson 's IGT for some of my posts if you feel like it. I hated Nagy moreso than Pace.
then its ok to be happy and rodgers leaving is icing on the cake and not the only real reason we have to be happy as Bear fans.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, a lack of a pass rush from your DE's just might have something to do with not having good 4th quarter numbers, and that would be on the GM for not providing the DC with enough help.
The most important assets to a Tampa 2 defense is a fast linebacker and a solid front 4

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Eberflus interviewed on the 17th
Invited back on the 19th for a second interview.

Bears first interview with Poles is on the 21st.

I am supposed to believe Poles made this hire? It’s total bullshit. What a convenient coincidence!
You can be pessimistic, but don't be a tin hat pessimist

Rise

Liked Posts:
You can be pessimistic, but don't be a tin hat pessimist

what did I type that isn’t factual? I understand what you want to be true but that isn’t reality.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The most important assets to a Tampa 2 defense is a fast linebacker and a solid front 4
I remember hearing Lovie talk about the importance of having a dominant 3T, MLB, and FS. Obviously a pass rushing DE and CB is important too.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I remember hearing Lovie talk about the importance of having a dominant 3T, MLB, and FS. Obviously a pass rushing DE and CB is important too.

yeah if you have all pros at 6 positions this defense works. Awesome

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry if this has been posted.
I don't like that typical approach they be taking, whereas the defense is fine, you needed an offensive guy especially to guide and coddle Fields. You need a HC to lead the team. He, in turn, hires what he feels is the best people to work with Fields and the offense. And it's not as if a HC can't see your QB needs better protection and weapons just cause he's of a defensive background. Have to believe he has a good overall knowledge of all things football, having made a career out of it.

I don't know much else about the guy other than he was DC for the Colts. He might end up sucking and he might end up being real good. How he does is not contingent on whether he used to be a DC or OC. Has to do much more with leadership qualities, vision and molding the team into winners.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Who was saying that it wasn't factual? You just missed out on other factors due to ignorance.

You're like a real estate agent who tries to be a HC

You don’t know anything more than I do. What you do have is confirmation bias because you want the Bears to be good.

Ask yourself this, do you believe the Vikings wanted to hire Poles?

Why didn’t they interview Eberflus?

I mean if he was back channeling for this colts dc surely they would have checked him out? He had plenty of free time.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I don't like that typical approach they be taking, whereas the defense is fine, you needed an offensive guy especially to guide and coddle Fields. You need a HC to lead the team. He, in turn, hires what he feels is the best people to work with Fields and the offense. And it's not as if a HC can't see your QB needs better protection and weapons just cause he's of a defensive background. Have to believe he has a good overall knowledge of all things football, having made a career out of it.

I don't know much else about the guy other than he was DC for the Colts. He might end up sucking and he might end up being real good. How he does is not contingent on whether he used to be a DC or OC. Has to do much more with leadership qualities, vision and molding the team into winners.
He just needs to facilitate and lead, if he can get all 3 phases to buy in like he has with the D personnel in Indy, he'll succeed.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s almost half the defense….if you really had to pick and choose the mlb really needs to be as fast as a safety and the front line is on an island against the QB

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You don’t know anything more than I do. What you do have is confirmation bias because you want the Bears to be good.

Ask yourself this, do you believe the Vikings wanted to hire Poles?

Why didn’t they interview Eberflus?

I mean if he was back channeling for this colts dc surely they would have checked him out? He had plenty of free time.
It's not really confirmation bias.

The Vikings were going to hire Poles, it was pretty much confirmed up here last week that he was the Wilfs guy and that Mensah was a close #2.

Not getting the relevancy of the Vikings not interviewing Eber, care to expound?

Rise

Liked Posts:
It's not really confirmation bias.

The Vikings were going to hire Poles, it was pretty much confirmed up here last week that he was the Wilfs guy and that Mensah was a close #2.

Not getting the relevancy of the Vikings not interviewing Eber, care to expound?

The Bears setup a 2nd interview 2 days before they even interviewed Poles for a 1st time. Supposedly this is because Poles told them he was interested in him, well if that was true wouldn’t the Vikings have interviewed him?

George picked the coach.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I don’t know man. He provides motivation and incentive to give it your all. Seems like he’s all about accountability. I don’t really see any similarity to trestman
This is the exact system that Lovie had. I remember that group mentioning loafs.