Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Apparently Poles is interviewing Pep. One of him, O’Connell or McDaniels would be great.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
My god you are clueless, My worry is not that its going to fail my worry is that what happens if its a success? How the hell can you not understand that? If it works.. we dont get to keep it.. its not complicated..

Look we poached the Chiefs OC and how much did that set them back? not a fucking bit because Andy Reid is the real brains behind the offense, so no matter how many OC get poached.. it doesnt mean a fucking thing for them
Why would you worry if it's a success? That would be a couple years into the Eberflus tenure.

And that seems odd that you'd worry about that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The longest tenured coaches in the league(with the exception of Reid) are defensive minded coaches. Even Carroll had to deal with developing a rookie QB.

A successful OC is not likely to bolt in in his first year if Fields does well. Because, see above. It's a bad business move on their part.
Imagine how many Super Bowls Tom Brady would have won if he had an offensive minded HC.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
JJ opened the wallet and this is his plan. Of course cheap ass McCaskey wouldn't beat it.
Sean Payton retired after the Bears had fired their HC. Should they have waited a year to hire Payton like people are suggesting the Cowboys will do?

Just go a year with no HC?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
My god you are clueless, My worry is not that its going to fail my worry is that what happens if its a success? How the hell can you not understand that? If it works.. we dont get to keep it.. its not complicated..

Look we poached the Chiefs OC and how much did that set them back? not a fucking bit because Andy Reid is the real brains behind the offense, so no matter how many OC get poached.. it doesnt mean a fucking thing for them
If our biggest worry is success, shouldn’t we be happy?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If our biggest worry is success, shouldn’t we be happy?
Not if it prevents sustained success.

Don't get me wrong---I'd take it over abject failure, for sure. But the concern over rotating OCs isn't a dumb worry.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Imagine how many Super Bowls Tom Brady would have won if he had an offensive minded HC.
It's come full circle for him, his favorite rookie QB this year is being developed by a defensive minded HC. But he wishes the Bears hired an offensive minded head coach to develop this year's rookie QB. I guess we'll see if McDaniels bolts after being NE's OC for the past 10 years

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
To Fall Asleep GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Don't get me wrong---I'd take it over abject failure, for sure. But the concern over rotating OCs isn't a dumb worry.
This is where a lack of an organized identity has really hurt the Bears in recent years(and by recent I mean since the 90's).

If they get a GM who takes control and puts a winning identity on the field, finding replacements after an successful OC leaves isn't an issue. Is RP/Eberflus that combo? I guess we'll see

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Seriously? You don’t want an offensive coordinator to succeed? We never poached any O.C. from Kansas City.
if the O.C. succeeds in 3 years it will be fine for him to leave.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

But again, as has been my point this entire time, Eberflus hasn't even hired his first OC and people are worried about his next one.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
It's come full circle for him, his favorite rookie QB this year is being developed by a defensive minded HC. But he wishes the Bears hired an offensive minded head coach to develop this year's rookie QB. I guess we'll see if McDaniels bolts after being NE's OC for the past 10 years
Developed by Josh McDaniels and the fact that McDaniels already was plucked for a HC job.. failed miserably.. got offered a second HC job.. failed to take the job at the last second and fucked the Colts over and is getting interviewed again for a HC job literally makes my point. Good OC get offered HC jobs...

Now the pats had the luxury of having the best QB in the history of the game so it will be telling how much Jones is effected by an OC change and his development.. Jones is no Brady..

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Seriously? You don’t want an offensive coordinator to succeed? We never poached any O.C. from Kansas City.
if the O.C. succeeds in 3 years it will be fine for him to leave.
Would rather have that great OC be the HC so there is no chance for him to leave.. And I know its best to forget Nagy.. but us plucking Nagy had 0 effect on the Chiefs which was my point..

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Developed by Josh McDaniels and the fact that McDaniels already was plucked for a HC job.. failed miserably.. got offered a second HC job.. failed to take the job at the last second and fucked the Colts over and is getting interviewed again for a HC job literally makes my point. Good OC get offered HC jobs...

Now the pats had the luxury of having the best QB in the history of the game so it will be telling how much Jones is effected by an OC change and his development.. Jones is no Brady..
That's wasn't your angle though. Your worry is about an OC being successful after 1 year and leaving. Which is rare in the NFL

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
well considering when Brady started playing the term "defenses win championships" still was an accurate statement.. the rules where not as lopsided back then compared to now.. but to answer your question he would of won 21 superbowls if he had an Offensive HC.. I did the math.. it all adds up

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Would rather have that great OC be the HC so there is no chance for him to leave.. And I know its best to forget Nagy.. but us plucking Nagy had 0 effect on the Chiefs which was my point..
No. I do not want my Head Coach to be the primary play caller. I wanted Dave Toub do there would be a coach that was involved with the whole team which they should be. I’d rather have a great O.C running his own part of the team not worrying about timeouts and red flag issues among other things

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
You mean the original 9 or so that every team with an opening looked at? Shocking.

Every team didn’t have the same list of candidates. Do you think you can just make shit up?

Do you think that Poles wanted a guy who just happened to be in the Bears original list of 9 candidates? Out of all the assistants in the NFL? If Poles had a say in bringing in some guys he wanted to look at we would have seen new names brought in to interview. That never happened. You don’t think Poles would have brought in at least one KC guy to interview if he had his choice? Or anybody that wasn’t on the original list made by ownership? Nonsense.

Last edited: