*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Probably not gonna happen but Jim Caldwell as OC and bringing back Vic as the D Coordinator would be amazing.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Andrew is a dorkchop.

He hasn't heard Eberflus' plan so naturally, that means he must not have a plan.
I think he's just going off the Kap report of Poles interviewing Pep. More lazy guesswork by DBB crew.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Wasn't Colombo a Tackle for us? I'm trying to remember, but he had a back injury, barely played for us, washed out here, and then, following a surprising pattern, ended up being okay elsewhere.

I can see him becoming a coach, if it's who I think he is.

This is like a Lovie era reunion show. I know Poles was a UDFA and all during that time, but is he getting the gang back together?

I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing Marinelli's rush men back together. But, if Mike Tice walks through that door, all bets are off!
Colombo was a 1st Rd. pick for Da Bears.....had an injury, was let go and had a very good career at Dallas.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Here's the thing, and why I think this whole "If justin only gets one year with the OC he's ruined!" take is really stupid in this particular case.

I don't know how many people saw the tweet, but Eberfleus wants to create a system SPECIFICALLY for Fields.

What that means is, whatever they design, if the OC leaves, a new OC will be running THAT system, NOT his own. That will create a lot more stability even if OCs come and go - it will truly be the Bears offense and establish an identity.

Now, I am sure a new OC will be able to add wrinkles here or there, but the tailor-made offense for Fields will be staying HERE with the Bears.

Its the smartest way to do it when you believe you have the QB right. Because it mitigates OC instability.

Rise

Liked Posts:
This guy is going to take more time to interview for OC than he did for HC. Gee wonder why that is, such a mystery.

QT McPennies

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Pep Hamilton has experience but to me he's similar to Flip, way better as a QB coach versus calling plays. Feels pretty meh if he's the OC.

Whoever the OC ends up being, I just hope they have a run first mentality. I think the offense needs to be built around David Montgomery until Fields truly comes into his own.

Also, Rich Bisaccia as associate HC/ST coordinator would be a huge get. Looks like Goldberg too.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think it’s making clear sense to me what’s going on now. Poles had to pick between these 3 stooges, he picked the one that gave him the most control to build an offensive staff.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think it’s making clear sense to me what’s going on now. Poles had to pick between these 3 stooges, he picked the one that gave him the most control to build an offensive staff.
Your thought process is as clear as Matt Nagy’s…

Rise

Liked Posts:
Your thought process is as clear as Matt Nagy’s…

And you never have any points. Simple
minded goober. Zero critical thinking skills.