Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
well considering when Brady started playing the term "defenses win championships" still was an accurate statement.. the rules where not as lopsided back then compared to now.. but to answer your question he would of won 21 superbowls if he had an Offensive HC.. I did the math.. it all adds up
How many different O.Cs did Brady have?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
well considering when Brady started playing the term "defenses win championships" still was an accurate statement.. the rules where not as lopsided back then compared to now.. but to answer your question he would of won 21 superbowls if he had an Offensive HC.. I did the math.. it all adds up
Keep moving them goal posts.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Not if it prevents sustained success.

Don't get me wrong---I'd take it over abject failure, for sure. But the concern over rotating OCs isn't a dumb worry.
It’s not, but it’s really a baseless worry at this point. We don’t know who is going to be OC, what the offense will be like, or who’s offense it will even be. We don’t know if the OC will even want a HC job, or if he will have an assistant to take over when he leaves.

It’s a bunch of debate about absolutely nothing at this point…

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Developed by Josh McDaniels and the fact that McDaniels already was plucked for a HC job.. failed miserably.. got offered a second HC job.. failed to take the job at the last second and fucked the Colts over and is getting interviewed again for a HC job literally makes my point. Good OC get offered HC jobs...

Now the pats had the luxury of having the best QB in the history of the game so it will be telling how much Jones is effected by an OC change and his development.. Jones is no Brady..
I wonder what the common denominator is between Brady and Jones. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every team didn’t have the same list of candidates. Do you think you can just make shit up?

Do you think that Poles wanted a guy who just happened to be in the Bears original list of 9 candidates? Out of all the assistants in the NFL? If Poles had a say in bringing in some guys he wanted to look at we would have seen new names brought in to interview. That never happened. You don’t think Poles would have brought in at least one KC guy to interview if he had his choice? Or anybody that wasn’t on the original list made by ownership? Nonsense.

KC guy like who? Bienemy is the only one that sticks out and we know why he wasn't considered. Because of Nagy and because how much is he really putting into that Reid offense

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
That's wasn't your angle though. Your worry is about an OC being successful after 1 year and leaving. Which is rare in the NFL
Well thats based on a massive turnaround with fields in 1 year. Even if it takes 2 years before the OC gets plucked.. or 3 years etc... I'm saying the best thing is to have it so your great OC NEVER gets plucked.. how can we do that? that great OC has to be the HC..

The rules are massive lopsided towards the offensive side of things. We can take advantage of that and protect one of the most important assets by making sure he can never get plucked or go with a defensive HC and run the risk of losing that great OC you had..

The problem with building around a Defensive HC is any amount of success you have is going to be short lived.

it would be like drafting a QB and only give him 1 year deals and allow him to test the free agency market every year.. if that QB has any amount of success he is gone..

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
It doesn’t have to just be a KC guy. It could be anybody in the NFL who wasn’t on the original list of 9. No new names were brought in though.

A couple of you have even been saying they were asking GM candidates during interviews who they liked as potential HC candidates and they explored those options. If that’s the case then why were no new names brought in to interview? Out of all the GM candidates they interviewed all of them just happened to be perfectly in step with the list the Bears ownership had already come up with? That’s ridiculously naive to believe and doesn’t make any sense.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
How many different O.Cs did Brady have?
Brady is the best QB in the history of the NFL.. so yes if Fields is going to be the new best QB in the history of the nfl he could probably handle the OC change like brady.. the fact that Fields cant even read a D though I think giving him consistency on offense would be the best option to get the best out of him

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Well thats based on a massive turnaround with fields in 1 year. Even if it takes 2 years before the OC gets plucked.. or 3 years etc... I'm saying the best thing is to have it so your great OC NEVER gets plucked.. how can we do that? that great OC has to be the HC..

The rules are massive lopsided towards the offensive side of things. We can take advantage of that and protect one of the most important assets by making sure he can never get plucked or go with a defensive HC and run the risk of losing that great OC you had..

The problem with building around a Defensive HC is any amount of success you have is going to be short lived.

it would be like drafting a QB and only give him 1 year deals and allow him to test the free agency market every year.. if that QB has any amount of success he is gone..
If that OC is the sole architect of the offense and doesn’t let anyone else help with it, I’d agree.

That doesn’t sound like Flus’ plan though.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

So you're saying, even though most teams have won the SBs recently due to their defensive play. The Bears should go with an OC a HC, because you're afraid to lose an OC?

Makes total sense.

Much like the recent Bears play on the field. You have that loser mentality, and haven't a clue on what complimentary football is

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
again you look foolish, I never said that. what I want is an offensive minded HC to install a system in place that will stay the same for him to give him the best chance at developing into a great QB..
Let me ask you a question. Who was the hot new offensive minded HC you had in mind in this cycle of coaching hires?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you're saying, even though most teams have won the SBs recently due to their defensive play. The Bears should go with an OC a HC, because you're afraid to lose an OC?

Makes total sense.

Much like the recent Bears play on the field. You have that loser mentality
In addition, teams that win Superbowls routinely lose some of their coaching staff..Its a probability

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Brady is the best QB in the history of the NFL.. so yes if Fields is going to be the new best QB in the history of the nfl he could probably handle the OC change like brady.. the fact that Fields cant even read a D though I think giving him consistency on offense would be the best option to get the best out of him
In your opinion. I think there is another quarterback that is the GOAT. but that’s a different story for a different thread.
if Fields is 100% better in 3 years and the O.C. Leaves I’ll have zero concerns about him learning a new offense that will be catered to him anyways.
He will help the new O.C acclimate to him and be off and running.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

So Bruce Arians shouldn’t of got Tom Brady because it was gonna get his O.C. a head coaching job!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Makes total sense.

Much like the recent Bears play on the field. You have that loser mentality, and haven't a clue on what complimentary football is
Haven't you heard, nobody uses the phrase "Defense wins championships" anymore.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I remember hearing Lovie talk about the importance of having a dominant 3T, MLB, and FS. Obviously a pass rushing DE and CB is important too.

Brooks was the Will with Bucs and Nickerson was the MLB. Leonard is the Will and Okereke is the MLB. It was just that Urlacher was so unique that he excelled but the Will drives the LBs because the D is designed to keep blockers off the Will and funnel plays to the Will.

You are going to need a dominant pass rusher on the inside and outside because have to get pressure largely with 4.

The FS and SS are interchangeable as both have to have the range to Cover a deep half so neither is a priority over the other. You just need one that is good.

CB is easier to fill as well as you want more zone guys and they dont have to cover deep so dont need to have elite speed. They need to be more physical than fast to help in the run game and tackle well in the short zones.