Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Keep moving them goal posts.
I literally just told you what the issue was.. you quoted it

Get the CEO HC that ALSO is an offensive guy means that Fields can stick with his system for the next 10+ years.. VS ANY success we have on O will be contributed 100% to our OC and the chance of Fields learning his 3rd system in 3 years goes up a lot..

This is an offensive league guys,that is driven by the QB that should of been the priority..
If the rules of the NFL was more balanced between offense and defense then it really wouldn't matter, but thats not the NFL of today.. today the rules massively favor the O so that should be the focus..
Well thats based on a massive turnaround with fields in 1 year. Even if it takes 2 years before the OC gets plucked.. or 3 years etc... I'm saying the best thing is to have it so your great OC NEVER gets plucked.. how can we do that? that great OC has to be the HC..

The rules are massive lopsided towards the offensive side of things. We can take advantage of that and protect one of the most important assets by making sure he can never get plucked or go with a defensive HC and run the risk of losing that great OC you had..

Just stop you have shown enough you have no clue about whats going on here..

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Let me ask you a question. Who was the hot new offensive minded HC you had in mind in this cycle of coaching hires?
Honestly I was hoping to take a stab at Josh McDaniel's yes there would be a risk.. but his offenses have worked and worked well with multiple QBs

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
because we know the Vikings wanted to hire Poles. If Poles was this much of an Eberflus fan he would have told them as well in his first interview with them And they would have setup an interview with Eberflus as well.

Nothing common sense says Poles wanted Eberflus this bad. George wanted this guy, and he is the owner so he gets what he wants. He told you in the press conference he was going to do this.

But as you are claiming with the Bears, it is possible the Vikes didnt want Eberflus and nixed Poles idea of interviewing him. So you are just speculating to suit your narrative.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Me saying that its not idea when your OC gets plucked for a HC job when your developing a young QB is a legitimate concern. The fact that you are confused by that just shows how dumb you really are..

Now are you going to go into full cunting mode and make another Special person list that you think is cool and put me on?

Last time I made fun of how stupid your "fecal five" list was you went full cunt mode and spent hours disliking me so are you going to dive into another several hour dislike campaign again? lol Are you a child Gus or just on the spectrum?

Do you have examples of this happening and if so what happened to the QB?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Sean "The Boy Genius" McVay disagrees with you. His offense lit up the scoreboard when he went 4 years ago.
Also Andy Reid claims his offense kicked TBs ass last year in the SB

Rise

Liked Posts:
But as you are claiming with the Bears, it is possible the Vikes didnt want Eberflus and nixed Poles idea of interviewing him. So you are just speculating to suit your narrative.

I don’t have a narrative that I’m trying to push. I’m just making observations of the obvious. Its not hard to understand what they did. They picked 3 guys and let him choose one.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
i guess he's pretending to have me on ignore. Will someone ask @dbldrew why he lied about Fields leading the league in turnovers?

Thank you.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The timeline on this makes no sense.

They already had a list of coaching candidates before they interviewed GM candidates. That list never changed. Eberflus was on that list before they even talked to Poles. This was all happening simultaneously. And who were the other GM candidates coaching choices? Who was added because a GM candidate gave them a new name? What are you talking about? The ownership clearly made this decision. I dont know why you’re arguing as if this isn’t all on a freaking timeline or as if what you’re saying makes any sense based off what we know.

This is incorrect. They did not have a complete list and added as they went as Dennis Allen for example was fairly late addition.

Further you generally have to call people to set up interviews so it is entirely possible that as part of the initial set up of the interview they collected preliminary data like who a given GM preferred as HC.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Also Andy Reid claims his offense kicked TBs ass last year in the SB
The great Kyle Shanahan was only able to put up 20 points against that vaunted Kansas City defense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t have a narrative that I’m trying to push. I’m just making observations of the obvious. Its not hard to understand what they did. They picked 3 guys and let him choose one.

This doesnt answer the question. How do you know it was not the Vikes that disregarded that Poles was on Eberflus' list?

The fact that you wont admit you dont kmow reveals your biased narrative. The assumption inherent in your argument is that the Vikes would have listened to Poles which you have no proof of.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Honestly I was hoping to take a stab at Josh McDaniel's yes there would be a risk.. but his offenses have worked and worked well with multiple QBs
I bet Bill Belichick had as much to do with Tom Brady’s growing as a quarterback than Bill O’Brien and whoever the O.C. was.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That’s good. None of that says he’ll be special though. I feel like he’s going to be the next Lovie. I know many would like that… that’s not good enough for me.

Do you think the Bears win the SB if they had Fields instead of Grossman?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This doesnt answer the question. How do you know it was not the Vikes that disregarded that Poles was on Ebeflus' list?

The fact that you wont admit you dont kmow reveals your biased narrative. The assumption inherent in your argument is that the Vikes would have listened to Poles which you have no proof of.
The manufactured outrage around this place the last 24 hours has been fantastic.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Until he went to Denver and took Tebow…right?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The manufactured outrage around this place the last 24 hours has been fantastic.

You could tell people who have never had an executive interview. When we run executive searches for clients you collect background data and info as part of setting up an interview. You dont just go into tje interview blind with no idea of the candidate beforehand.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The great Kyle Shanahan was only able to put up 20 points against that vaunted Kansas City defense.
This is the crazy angle that he is taking. He's factually incorrect, maybe Skip Bayless is posting on the CCS?