My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Arians is an offensive minded HC
And who said he wasn’t? I think you’ve missed the point. All coaches want to move up and you don’t want them to just be placard holders for the head coach. That isn’t a winning formula. What if the Offensive minded head coach let his O.C run his own offense, call the plays etc……and the O.C. Left in 2 years. What is really the difference?

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You could tell people who have never had an executive interview. When we run executive searches for clients you collect background data and info as part of setting up an interview. You dont just go into tje interview blind with no idea of the candidate beforehand.
That and they are unaware of the networking that goes on in said business/entertainment venture.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And who said he wasn’t? I think you’ve missed the point. All coaches want to move up and you want them to just be placard holders for the head coach. That isn’t a winning formula. What if the Offensive minded head coach let his O.C run his own offense, call the plays etc……and the O.C. Left in 2 years. What is really the difference?

I am still waiting for examples of QBs that failed because they OC left for a HC gig.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am still waiting for examples of QBs that failed because they OC left for a HC gig.
Well it may take him a while, the history of the NFL is long.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well it may take him a while, the history of the NFL is long.

You would think if this was such a big deal for him he should have clear examples to support his point.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Coach Floose is a welcome upgrade from Nagy. and hopefully Poles can be successful in bringing in good players
to develop through the draft and score some decent FA's. The new HC seems to have a good reputation as a leader and teacher and demands accountability from his players. It sounds like he can actually coach his players up and to their strengths. Good riddance to Nagy's rah rah BS and his boneheaded stubbornness.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Do you have examples of this happening and if so what happened to the QB?
sure when the Bears plucked Nagy from the Chiefs they didnt miss a beat because Ried is the true offensive guy

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i guess he's pretending to have me on ignore. Will someone ask @dbldrew why he lied about Fields leading the league in turnovers?

Thank you.
He hates Fields and wants him to fail

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
sure when the Bears plucked Nagy from the Chiefs they didnt miss a beat because Ried is the true offensive guy

No I am asking of examples of a QB that was successfully developed by an OC for a D minded head coach falling apart once that OC got a HC job.

For example, when Brady lost his OC as a young QB, he got better with a new OC despite Bellichek being a defensive HC.

Or for example when Russ lost his first OC, he got better with other OCs under a D minded HC in Carrol.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes and no. Reid rarely let Nagy call plays. I think if EB was plucked it would hurt

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No I am asking of examples of a QB that was successfully developed by an OC for a D minded head coach falling apart once that OC got a HC job.

For example, when Brady lost his OC as a young QB, he got better with a new OC despite Bellichek being a defensive HC.

Or for example when Russ lost his first OC, he got better with other OCs under a D minded HC in Carrol.
You can add Matt Ryan in the mix too. He played better under Quinn than he has Smith though the sample size was is small so far

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I can’t find who the O.C was in Brady’s first couple seasons. I know Bill O’Brien was the quarterbacks coach.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I can’t find who the O.C was in Brady’s first couple seasons. I know Bill O’Brien was the quarterbacks coach.
Weis was the OC

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yes and no. Reid rarely let Nagy call plays. I think if EB was plucked it would hurt
Probably not. Reid has won with whomever he has had as O.C.
Bienemy still hasn’t figured out the adjustment for the Bucs defense in the super bowl. Or was it Andy calling the plays?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Probably not. Reid has won with whomever he has had as O.C.
Bienemy still hasn’t figured out the adjustment for the Bucs defense in the super bowl. Or was it Andy calling the plays?
Their issue was that their OL line was decimated and they couldn't block a thing. Mahomes was already injured and running for his life.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Weis was the OC
So basically he has played for at least 4 different offensive coordinators and won a super bowl with each of them?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
And who said he wasn’t? I think you’ve missed the point. All coaches want to move up and you don’t want them to just be placard holders for the head coach. That isn’t a winning formula. What if the Offensive minded head coach let his O.C run his own offense, call the plays etc……and the O.C. Left in 2 years. What is really the difference?
I know all coaches want to move up. but the most important position in football is the QB.. and I think that having an offensive minded HC that installs his system is the best situation because it guarantees consistency with the most important position. If your OC gets plucked nothing much changes.. just like in KC for example. Do you think it would be in Mahomes best interest if hypothetically Ried was the OC instead of the HC and he got plucked to be the HC from another team? Now Mahomes is a great QB so im not saying he would go from greatness to bust.. but would it be best for him to not have Andy Reid there?

Great OC are going to get plucked.. there is no way to stop it.. unless you make them the HC.

For some reason people are thinking i'm making some proclamation on what will happen... I'm not.. All I'm saying is I like the philosophy of guaranteeing your great OC can never get plucked because he is actually the HC. And the reasoning behind it is because this is a QB driven league that the rules favor the offense so thats why I want that position protected..

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So basically he has played for at least 4 different offensive coordinators and won a super bowl with each of them?
I think he only won SB's under McDaniels and Weis with the Pats