OC rumors

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So the Green Bay guy ran a college offense that had a top rushing attack in all of college football, and our GM and soon to be Assistant GM are 2 former offensive linemen with a great eye for scouting the same position group they played in?

If I am David Montgomery and Khalil Herbert right now, I am SALIVATING......

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So the Green Bay guy ran a college offense that had a top rushing attack in all of college football, and our GM and soon to be Assistant GM are 2 former offensive linemen with a great eye for scouting the same position group they played in?

save some food for the rest of us, fatty

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Can you post the twitter accounts you stole this take from? Thanks
I read on CCS he's qualified to be a head coach.
TBF that's one poster

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I am sickened.

If Eberflus didn’t have a grand slam of OC hire in his back pocket how the fuck did you hire him. Like what did you talk about in the interviews.

There is currently no answer for supporting the most valuable asset of the franchise in Justin Fields.

PS - I reserve the right to redact IF and big IF, he has someone lined up that’s still in the playoffs like McDaniel or O’Connell, etc. I’m losing hope quickly though lol.
They talked about shit like how many sundays does he go to church and will he say yes like a good boy when mccaskeys say something

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
All he does is sprinkle franchise QBs all around the league.
yes, none of those guys would exist without Hamilton.....

causation v correlation

Rise

Liked Posts:
no one said that.....I just have my doubts that Pep Hamilton is a kingmaker

No coach is a kings maker, but he has a track record of qb success. He won’t hold him back

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm not buying the Pep thing either. The resume is far too inconsistent. If t he NFL truly believed he was great at developing QBs, he wouldn't wash out of it multiple times. Its not like he's taking long term HC deals for big college programs.

I wouldn't be mad if he were brought in as a QBC, but even then i'd still be skeptical.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No—Not OC on Bienemy; head coach.

Let me be clear: I’m not advocating that Bienemy should’ve been the HC pick. I’m saying that your most important hire right now is whoever molds Justin Fields. Hiring Kafka as OC instead of hiring Bienemy as head coach would mean the Bears trust Kafka more with the future of the Bears than they trust Kafka’s boss.

That’s weird, unless Poles thinks Bienemy sucks or is an asshole.

No he could just think he wants the OC to be 100% focused on Fields and the O which is unlikely if the HC is a former OC as those guys like to call plays which can be a problem.

They are only a few guys that can balance being a HC and being the playcalling. Even a guy like Reid gives it up from time to time as it becomes too much. The last guy to win a SB while 100% calling plays is Pederson and he was fired within a few years of his win.

Nagy is a special type of fraud. Normal people don’t have a room plastered with play calling sheets. Can’t compare everyone else to him.

Is he? How many guys with zero playcalling experience get HC jobs and how many of them succeed or fail?

Have you done any research on this or just feel it id ok because it fits your narrative?

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No he could just think he wants the OC to be 100% focused on Fields and the O which is unlikely if the HC is a former OC as those guys like to call plays which can be a problem.

They are only a few guys that can balance being a HC and being the playcalling. Even a guy like Reid gives it up from time to time as it becomes too much. The last guy to win a SB while 100% calling plays is Pederson and he was fired within a few years of his win.

Is he? How many guys with zero playcalling experience get HC jobs and hoe many of them succeed or fail?

Have you done any research on this or just feel it id ok because it fits your narrative?
Thank You and why it didn't matter which side of the ball the new HC came from. I thought Pep as HC was a ridiculous take but I'll support him if he gets another shot as OC unless he shows poorly after a year.