Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

Rise

Liked Posts:
This doesnt answer the question. How do you know it was not the Vikes that disregarded that Poles was on Eberflus' list?

The fact that you wont admit you dont kmow reveals your biased narrative. The assumption inherent in your argument is that the Vikes would have listened to Poles which you have no proof of.

Here is what I do know, the Vikings very much wanted Poles as their GM, I’m sure they would let him have his preferred coach. So why wasn’t Eberflus brought into their building?

Again the Bears scheduled a 2nd interview with Eberflus before even interviewing Poles one time. I’m supposed to believe this was Poles letting them know via back channels but he didn’t tell the Vikings the same thing? That’s a huge stretch.

No the more logical conclusion is that the committee picked a top 3, and let Poles choose from that group.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He hates Fields and wants him to fail
I want an offensive minded HC to guarantee consistency for fields means I want him to fail? ok interesting logic you have there. Shouldn't it be the other way around? AS in if I hate fields I want to put all our effort into the D so we can win games in spite of him? If I hated fields shouldn't I be happy that we went with a defensive HC?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I know all coaches want to move up. but the most important position in football is the QB.. and I think that having an offensive minded HC that installs his system is the best situation because it guarantees consistency with the most important position.
But that's factually incorrect. See SB winners

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I want an offensive minded HC to guarantee consistency for fields means I want him to fail? ok interesting logic you have there. Shouldn't it be the other way around? AS in if I hate fields I want to put all our effort into the D so we can win games in spite of him? If I hated fields shouldn't I be happy that we went with a defensive HC?
This has already been disproven. When you were all over Mac’s nuts this season you may have failed to notice BB specialty is defense but that doesn’t seem to stop some QBs. Imo as long as the person calling the offensive plays isn’t an absolute moron most QBs will be ok when losing their OC

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Again the Bears scheduled a 2nd interview with Eberflus before even interviewing Poles one time. I’m supposed to believe this was Poles letting them know via back channels but he didn’t tell the Vikings the same thing? That’s a huge stretch.
Your narrative is stretching it, so you're implying that he didn't take the Vikings job because they wouldn't interview Eberflus?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This has already been disproven. When you were all over Mac’s nuts this season you may have failed to notice BB specialty is defense but that doesn’t seem to stop some QBs. Imo as long as the person calling the offensive plays isn’t an absolute moron most QBs will be ok when losing their OC
The inconsistency is the best here.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Probably not. Reid has won with whomever he has had as O.C.
Bienemy still hasn’t figured out the adjustment for the Bucs defense in the super bowl. Or was it Andy calling the plays?
??‍♂️

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
what has been disproven? My OPINION is I want an offensive HC.. you said it was because I hated fields.. thats Special person

Me - I want a great offense and guarantee that it stays the same..

you - you only want that because you hate Fields!!!

Me - ok thats a strange take on that!

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Here is what I do know, the Vikings very much wanted Poles as their GM, I’m sure they would let him have his preferred coach. So why wasn’t Eberflus brought into their building?

No the more logical conclusion is that the committee picked a top 3, and let Poles choose from that group.

I wasn't aware Poles was hired by the Vikings. Had he been, he might have expanded his search to include Eberflus. We'll never know, but its also not way outside the realm of possibilities either.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
you only think that because the conversation is above your head
How's so? Most of the recent SB winners are defensive minded HCs. And ironically, coaches like Coughlin, Arians, and Kubiac rode the defense on their way to their championships. Your takes are factually incorrect

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
what? the SB winners have all been great QBs what are you talking about?
Who's debating that all of these coaches won with journeymen QBs(sans Pedersen)?

You're the one saying defense doesn't win championships

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
what has been disproven? My OPINION is I want an offensive HC.. you said it was because I hated fields.. thats Special person

Me - I want a great offense and guarantee that it stays the same..

you - you only want that because you hate Fields!!!

Me - ok thats a strange take on that!
Any word of you “wanting Fields to succeed “ will be taking with a grain of salt. You did nothing but attack him all season so sorry if I am skeptical. Again OCs leaving don’t generally hurt QBs

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're an absolute idiot. With Fields, we won't need a "4th quarter defense" The kids going to score touchdowns EVERY TIME he touches the ball in the forth quarter. Why the FUCK would we need a defense?

Also, I think Vildor takes a big step next year

Hopefully off Navy Pier, into Lake Michigan

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love how @dbldrew thinks an offensive HC "guarantees" consistently great offense... as if Nagy didn't just completely disprove that during his time here. ?‍♂️

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I love how @dbldrew thinks an offensive HC "guarantees" consistently great offense... as if Nagy didn't just completely disprove that during his time here. ?‍♂️
In fairness, he appears to be 2 years behind.

He's going to upset when he hears about Betty White.