Report: Bears offer OC job to Packers QB coach Luke Getsy

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
"If Getsy chooses to accept the job, he will have play-calling duties for the Bears’ offense, as the team hired former Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus to be their head coach. Though currently unknown how much of Matt LaFleur’s offensive philosophy Getsy will adapt, the Packers’ offensive scheme currently consists of plenty of pre-snap motion, heavy RPO usage, and utilizing a variety of route concepts that include screens, out routes and go routes."

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't like "heavy RPO usage" this guy professes to use. I don't want Fields taking shots.
Anyway......This guy has what 3 yrs. pro experience. Fields needs someone with a Qb development background. Is this the Twilight Zone ?

Luke Getsy​

1643402145926.png

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I don't like "heavy RPO usage" this guy professes to use. I don't want Fields taking shots.
Anyway......This guy has what 3 yrs. pro experience. Fields needs someone with a Qb development background. Is this the Twilight Zone ?

Luke Getsy​

View attachment 17245
Rpo has nothing to do with qb run plays. It gives fields the option to pass or hand off.

Rise

Liked Posts:
What is this his fall back job? If he was offered it he should have instantly accepted. Does he want to see if he can get a different job first? I want a guy who can’t wait to coach fields.

The packers third down coach needs to think about it. Gtfo.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Luke Getsy​

View attachment 17245
What do you think an RPO is?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is this his fall back job? If he was offered it he should have instantly accepted. Does he want to see if he can get a different job first? I want a guy who can’t wait to coach fields.

I really like this guy, but it doesn’t seem good that it’s taking him so long to accept it. I mean with the Bears he gets FULL control of the offense and pretty much guaranteed to be the next hot HC hire in the next season or two.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I really like this guy, but it doesn’t seem good that it’s taking him so long to accept it. I mean with the Bears he gets FULL control of the offense and pretty much guaranteed to be the next hot HC hire in the next season or two.

Exactly, if you believe in Fields you jump at this, not even a long move just down the road.

BigBill

Liked Posts:
If this is true Patula turned down the OC position?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is like when he stole @Grimson's thread but it far underperformed and ended up being merged with Grim's far superior thread. Im not sure why Jp Cockburn doesn't respect CCS with these redundant threads.
Let's leave the breaking news to the Harold's of the world

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
it seems as though getsy is going to accept as the packers have begun interviewing OC candidates...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

You seem upset.

Sometimes people need to think about things. Sometimes people want to discuss things with their families.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
So he was passed up for the position in GB?
i guess you could see it that way or they figure he and stenavich are both leaving, stenavich is rumored to follow hackett to denver and getsy is mulling the bears OC job. Its weird how they had it setup in green bay...hackett was the OC but getsy was passing coordinator and stenavich was run coordinator. i miss the old days where it was just one guy...