Report: Bears offer OC job to Packers QB coach Luke Getsy

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly believe there are people pushing Pep Hamilton simply because they have heard the name before.

Six jobs in six years? Not because of promotions, mind you. Pass.
some believe in Pep Hamilton's magic fairy dust that he borrowed from Mike Tice

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly believe there are people pushing Pep Hamilton simply because they have heard the name before.

I don't remember him even being particularly well liked when he was here.....who did he work with here.....Grossman, Cutler and Orton. Not exactly a group molded into stardom.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers don’t want him. Very telling. Pep Hamilton please
yes, they hated him so much

• Promoted to quarterbacks/passing game coordinator on March 12, 2020. Rejoined the Packers on Jan. 29, 2019, as quarterbacks coach. Originally joined the team on Feb. 7, 2014, as offensive quality control coach and then was promoted to wide receivers coach on Feb. 17, 2016.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:

People are pushing Pep Hamilton because he developed both Justin Herbert and Davis Mills. A good coordinator is going to be poached regardless. Who cares if he leaves after one year if he can develop Fields into a good QB?

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
yes, they hated him so much

• Promoted to quarterbacks/passing game coordinator on March 12, 2020. Rejoined the Packers on Jan. 29, 2019, as quarterbacks coach. Originally joined the team on Feb. 7, 2014, as offensive quality control coach and then was promoted to wide receivers coach on Feb. 17, 2016.
I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are trolling.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
So what, neither did Hackett and look how it ended for him. The only question for Luke is will Rodgers be back.
He maybe wants to leave and coach somewhere to get full reigns of the offense. And as you said he may also not want to be in GB if Rodgers and Adams leave. If the offense bombs with Love, he may be looked at differently.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Rpo has nothing to do with qb run plays. It gives fields the option to pass or hand off.

Run Pass Option.......
Depending on number of defender in the 'box's and whether the ends crash the line....the Qb will take off running (the keeper is based seeing the ends number or s-pads) Yes the number of defenders also dictates whether to hand-off or pass.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Run Pass Option.......
Depending on number of defender in the 'box's and whether the ends crash the line....the Qb will take off running (the keeper is based seeing the ends number or s-pads) Yes the number of defenders also dictates whether to hand-off or pass.
That's not really RPO. Yeah the read option can be incorporated into this type of offense. But RPO is not that. Also if they don't occasionally run fields they also aren't maximizing his capabilities and are making things easier on the defense

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Run Pass Option.......

That's not really RPO. Yeah the read option can be incorporated into this type of offense. But RPO is not that. Also if they don't occasionally run fields they also aren't maximizing his capabilities and are making things easier on the defense

Ok so, in the RPO-Run Pass Option you're obviously in the gun. Yes the Qb is instructed to take off if sees the end crashing unblocked. However it depends on seeing the ends number and running outside. Yeah, primarily ya wanna give it to the back on a run. And pass if the box is overloaded. Yep it's different than the read-option / Spread ops which I don't like.

Also if they don't occasionally run fields they also aren't maximizing his capabilities and are making things easier on the defense

I understand the maximizing of his mobility / capabilities. Yes I understand the pressure it puts on the defense.

I'd prefer Fields do un-designed runs. If Fields wants to extend the play with he's mobility, giving the wr's time to get open, great. If Fields wants to pick up a quick first down and slide great. I want it to be Fields' decision on mobility usage.

I just don't want him used in designed runs where the D can crack him with impunity. I don't want him to end up injured like Ljack. And yes I know the D can still hit him, if he takes off, but he should be able to avoid the hit better in the open field.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Ok so, in the RPO-Run Pass Option you're obviously in the gun. Yes the Qb is instructed to take off if sees the end crashing unblocked. However it depends on seeing the ends number and running outside. Yeah, primarily ya wanna give it to the back on a run. And pass if the box is overloaded. Yep it's different than the read-option / Spread ops which I don't like.

I understand the maximizing of his mobility / capabilities. Yes I understand the pressure it puts on the defense.

I'd prefer Fields do un-designed runs. If Fields wants to extend the play with he's mobility, giving the wr's time to get open, great. If Fields wants to pick up a quick first down and slide great. I want it to be Fields' decision on mobility usage.

I just don't want him used in designed runs where the D can crack him with impunity. I don't want him to end up injured like Ljack. And yes I know the D can still hit him, if he takes off, but he should be able to avoid the hit better in the open field.