Getsy hired

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Cool. I was about to delete this because I couldn’t confirm.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The more I think of it, the more I’m shaking my head that their plan to develop fields is hiring someone who has never done it before and is grossly under qualified. Maybe it’s a genius hire and he’s worth his salt, but I don’t know man

Rise

Liked Posts:
Everything about this staff is a huge reach and a stretch. They can sell this because well we just don’t know. One thing I do know, it came cheap!

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup just saw as well

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The more I think of it, the more I’m shaking my head that their plan to develop fields is hiring someone who has never done it before and is grossly under qualified. Maybe it’s a genius hire and he’s worth his salt, but I don’t know man

"Getsy has spent his entire NFL career with the Packers, with college stops sprinkled in too. He was the Packers’ wide receivers coach from 2016-17 under Mike McCarthy before becoming Mississippi State’s offensive coordinator in 2018. When Matt LaFleur took the Packers head coaching job in 2019, he brought Getsy back to Green Bay to be the QB coach because he had a relationship with Rodgers. Remember, the LaFleur-Rodgers relationship wasn’t all roses at the start, and Getsy helped it all come together with offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, who was also new on the staff. By 2020, Getsy earned an additional title of passing game coordinator, and my understanding is that he had a bigger role in the Packers’ passing schemes than he gets credit for.

Still only 37, Getsy is getting a lot of attention in the NFL coaching world. He even interviewed with the Denver Broncos for their head coaching vacancy this year. Plus, why not weaken your top rival while making a big coaching hire? "

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yet you’re still here ragging on the team day after day over hundreds of posts when you have no faith in the changes they’re making.

Exactly what are you hoping to accomplish with the relentless negativity? Why even follow the team?

good point

and it goes for many others as well

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Good points
This guy has never been a pro OC, never called plays, never designed a pro offense & playbook and never had a history of Qb development.

Bears org says : Hire him

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good points
This guy has never been a pro OC, never called plays, never designed a pro offense & playbook and never had a history of Qb development.

Bears org says : Hire him
aside from Pep, who would you have preferred? on paper, he doesn't look the best, but maybe in real life he's a good teacher for Fields. Has been exposed to many philosophies

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So far I'm actually pretty stoked about the moves they've made. Working on the OL and supporting Fields? Yes, please. RPO and the GB slant game? Yes, please. I like the way this is going.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
We have no clue how he will do as a play caller, but apparently he's suppose to have been highly rated in Green Bay.

Rapaport speaks on him at 40:50

"They will probably promote from within and make Luke Getsy the offensive coordinator. He is apparently very very good. He's been sought after for years as an OC. I would imagine that would make him (Rodgers) happy."

This was before we could offer the same job with play calling duties

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We don't know if these are good or meh hires but so far, they are getting everyone they pursue. At least that's encouraging.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears seem to hire a lot of people with names I've never heard of before they were hired by the Bears.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If Packers’ offered him OC job too, but he chose the Bears that’s not a good sign for Green Bay. There really is no OC in Green Bay provided Rodgers is there so I can see the reason to move. Getsy also said Justin Fields vs. Jordan Love? He must not have that high of an opinion on Love.