This is a trash HC hire

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
But the point that has been stated a plenty, and is oh so glaring here, is that whichever OC gets hired and has success with Fields and the O, see ya'. He'll be hired away, if not year 1 then certainly year 2.

Why can't people see and admit this IS a problem with hiring a DC as HC. If what is desired happens (a successful offense and QB) we will lose that OC.

This is NOT rocket science, All. I just don't understand why the Bears weren't more assertive in pursuing Daboll, Leftwich or even Hackett to help save the offense. We drafted a QB with enormous potential only to fall short in giving him what he needs... Dumb!

its funny how more and more CCS posters catch wind of this absurdly stupid take and keep repeating it over and over.

Guess what, good teams assistants get poached. It happens. It’s also a sign that you’re successful and teams want to mimic what you’re doing. And lol at being like “as soon as he’s good the OC is gone.” Not really. Lots of good OC’s weren’t handed HC gigs because they led an offense to one good season. In fact it hardly ever happens. But just keep saying it over and over and maybe you’ll will it into reality.

Last edited:

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Shitty organizations just do this back and forth thing that I don’t understand. Like if you get an offensive coach the next one is a defensive coach, if you have a players coach, next ones a hard ass etc. it’s like they think because it didn’t work for route A you gotta go complete opposite route B.

in the end they needed a coach who’s sole priority is developing Fields. This can be a baller D and this team will still be just OK. We’ll see who the OC is

discplayer

Liked Posts:
its funny how more and more CCS posters catch wind of this absurdly stupid take and keep repeating it over and over.

Guess what, good teams assistants get poached. It happens. It’s also a sign that you’re successful and teams want to mimic what you’re doing. And lol at being like “as soon as he’s good the OC is gone.” Not really. Lots of good OC’s weren’t handed HC gigs because they led an offense to one good season. In fact it hardly ever happens. But just keep saying it over and over and maybe you’ll will it into reality.
So you quoted me as saying "as soon as he's good the OC is gone." You can't quote what wasn't said, Peezy.

However, this DOES happen. And when an OC is hired away, they often take QB coaches and other staff members along with them for promotions. Sometimes there is stability provided by non-offensive coaches, but this is becoming less of the model in the current - and clearly future - NFL.

Eberfluss may turn out well, sure, but I have my concerns, and they are not invalid.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How did he fail in Det?
I don't now if he was a Fail but at Indy, he inherited a playoff team and went 2-14 his last year. Obviously he lost Manning but 2-14? At Detroit he was a Wild Card team his 1st year and 2 games over .500 over the next 3 years. While he had a clear winning record at Detroit, the central division was down and he was only 4-25 against team that had winning records in those seasons. He had a 9-7 record his last year but the division sucked and 2 of those games were against GB with Brett Huntley at QB and another 2 against a 5 win Bears team with Glennon and Mitch etc. Lions didn't do themselves any favors by hiring Patricia but Caldwell was let go for a reason. He's been a meh head coach overall.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
R&S don't like it.
Why do I feel so relieved?
:long:

I didn't care much of the nagy hire. But stay relieved ;)

I don't now if he was a Fail but at Indy, he inherited a playoff team and went 2-14 his last year. Obviously he lost Manning but 2-14? At Detroit he was a Wild Card team his 1st year and 2 games over .500 over the next 3 years.

While he had a clear winning record at Detroit, the central division was down and he was only 4-25 against team that had winning records in those seasons. He had a 9-7 record his last year but the division sucked and 2 of those games were against GB with Brett Huntley at QB and another 2 against a 5 win Bears team with Glennon and Mitch etc. Lions didn't do themselves any favors by hiring Patricia but Caldwell was let go for a reason. He's been a meh head coach overall.

This might answer some questions>>>#149

He had a 9-7 record his last year but the division sucked and 2 of those games were against GB with Brett Huntley at QB and another 2 against a 5 win Bears team with Glennon and Mitch etc. Lions didn't do themselves any favors by hiring Patricia but Caldwell was let go for a reason.

Regardless of what was going in the division. Ya play the cards that are dealt. >>>>>#149

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
But the point that has been stated a plenty, and is oh so glaring here, is that whichever OC gets hired and has success with Fields and the O, see ya'. He'll be hired away, if not year 1 then certainly year 2.

Why can't people see and admit this IS a problem with hiring a DC as HC. If what is desired happens (a successful offense and QB) we will lose that OC.

This is NOT rocket science, All. I just don't understand why the Bears weren't more assertive in pursuing Daboll, Leftwich or even Hackett to help save the offense. We drafted a QB with enormous potential only to fall short in giving him what he needs... Dumb!

right, its not rocket science...they certainly leave in year 2 you say
what happened to daboll, roman, leftwch, mcdaniels, bienemy etc...all of these guys have been with their respective teams for over 3yrs at a minimum even though their offenses have been better than the average.

Why is daboll still out there? are all the teams just crazy? or could it be the guy just doesnt impress? it takes more than just calling plays to be a good HC or everyone in the league would have a offensive HC.
Roman another guy thats been very successful as a coordinator who is not up for any HC jobs...
Bienemy - dont think he's up for any HC jobs
Leftwich seems like he may get the jags job
Mcdaniel - linked to raiders job but who knows

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
A lot of people had high hopes for Trubisky. It just didn't pan out.

I doubt a lot of folks "trashed" him before he played a single down.

I mean I would guess everyone hoped he would be good. But lots of people trashed him before he played a single down.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

LOL, did you live under a rock after he was drafted?

He was booed days after being drafted at a Bulls game.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

You would be wrong

That dude never stood a chance just look at the reaction on draft day alone about 10 million dicks got ripped off that day alone

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for this coach I won't lie I don't know alot about the guy but from what research I have done since the hire he seems like a legit prospect
He has done well and been consistent at every stop throughout his career some highs a couple lows but all in all very consistent if he manages ta find a nice complementary OC and DC maybe they are onto something here

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I would have felt better about it if our new GM a did a real search and then landed on Eberflus yes. The Bears had this guy scheduled for a 2nd interview before even interviewing Poles for the first time.
Or perhaps because Poles knows Eberflus and was already on his shortlist. They both share the same agent, Trace Armstrong.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Even though Ryan and Matt are our Football Guys! Ebers plan clearly wowed Poles. Let's atleast see what happens.

We all want what the Chiefs, Rams, Bills, and Bengals have on Offense but it depends on roster first and coaching second.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Or perhaps because Poles knows Eberflus and was already on his shortlist. They both share the same agent, Trace Armstrong.

Yeah I know that’s what they are selling, the stars aligned on the Eberflus road. Forgive me if I don’t buy it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
There's nothing about this FLU guy that screams HC. This is a perfect example of an unqualified person being hired over more qualified ppl i.e. Caldwell, Pederson, Harbaugh, Hamilton. It looks like the Jags will hire the guy who's had a top 5 offense the last 3yrs.
I read where Caldwell came in with a plan for Fields. What plan does this FLU guy have for anything? 0
Yeah, I'm gonna get flack for these statements, cuz I'm expected to just go along.

Bearly said​

R&S don't like it.
Why do I feel so relieved?
:long:

I didn't care much of the nagy hire. But stay relieved ;)

This might answer some questions>>>#149

Regardless of what was going in the division. Ya play the cards that are dealt. >>>>>#149
I mean its as plain as the nose on his face,of course you didn't like the Nagy hire.
Ya play the cards that are dealt. >>>>>#149

And remind us where's nagy as we speak? That's a rhetorical question.