Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That ball was supposed to go in the end zone or thrown away, on mahomes there
You'd think but that play had their top WR running that outlet behind the line. I did say remind your QB to throw into the end zone or dump. Hard to be sure but why have Hill there?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Something tells me we're going to see in the next year or two what Mahomes is like without Hill and/or Kelce. Dude's a superstar. I don't doubt him. But he's been almost a comic book superhero his entire NFL career. He's going to have to do something new---battle through real adversity, not just made up "everyone was against us" adversity.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well if find where getsy was or is working on some innovative offensive scheme akin to the innovative
"46 D",
please share it. I like learning about innovative offensive scheme
So the only people that can be promoted are people who are innovating something?

We can't have really smart offensive minds that helped build a really good offense and got the most out of a scheme?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
run and shoot said:

Well if find where getsy was or is working on some innovative offensive scheme akin to the innovative
"46 D",
please share it. I like learning about innovative offensive schemes

So the only people that can be promoted are people who are innovating something?

We can't have really smart offensive minds that helped build a really good offense and got the most out of a scheme?

To answer your question, I'd have to know what specific effect did getsy have in relation to what Ryan did.
We can't speak for everybody.....that's why I kept it focused on getsy - Ryan. (see linked posts below).

I was just putting all this in perspective based on your comments here>>>>>#406 My antenna raised when u
mentioned Ryan. I very familiar with Ryan.

So....I wanted you to be aware of the man you were comparing getsy too>>>>#437

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
run and shoot said:

"46 D",
please share it. I like learning about innovative offensive schemes

To answer your question, I'd have to know what specific effect did getsy have in relation to what Ryan did.
We can't speak for everybody.....that's why I kept it focused on getsy - Ryan. (see linked posts below).

I was just putting all this in perspective based on your comments here>>>>>#406 My antenna raised when u
mentioned Ryan. I very familiar with Ryan.

So....I wanted you to be aware of the man you were comparing getsy too>>>>#437
You've lost site of the conversation.

People want a proven commodity at the OC. Of course this is certain fans who need the proof. These same fans have almost zero information on what the coaches and inside staff know.

These morons look at a wiki page and make the determination that a candidate doesn't have enough juice for them to be the OC for the Bears.

None of us have any info on what coaches know and inside information on who is actually capable of doing what.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Gesty has been an OC in college and has called games in Preseason in the NFL.

You have two choices either you get someone who has failed someplace else as an OC or you getsy an up and comer...

There is no perfect situation. The perfect situation doesn't exist.
Outside of Daboll I don't see what other direction they could have gone. Caldwell's health and the fact that he already tapped out once scares me. Bieniemy probably didn't get a shot due to Nagy's failure. The Chiefs' offense doesn't miss a beat when they lose a OC. That screams Reid is running the show. If Joe Brady comes on as QB Coach and Getsy is successful we have a successor on staff.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You've lost site of the conversation.

People want a proven commodity at the OC. Of course this is certain fans who need the proof. These same fans have almost zero information on what the coaches and inside staff know.

These morons look at a wiki page and make the determination that a candidate doesn't have enough juice for them to be the OC for the Bears.

None of us have any info on what coaches know and inside information on who is actually capable of doing what.

Here's how the convo got started>>>>#406 and here >>>>>>#437 . How did I lose sight on the conversation.?
Feel free to show the exact comment(s) so I can address it.

Ryan has always been a innovator. I lived through his career. I watched him real time. As for getsy, I just don't see anything he's done. Yep....I researched him. Are u saying he was the best choice out of the ppl we interviewed?
If u asked me to send u a mechanic to make sure ur car was in tip top shape for a cross-country drive, how would u
feel if I sent a green kid outta school whose never really worked on a car?

Last edited:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Ryan has always been a innovator. I lived through his career. I watched him real time. As for getsy, I just don't see anything he's done. Yep....I researched him. Are u saying he was the best choice out of the ppl we interviewed?
If u asked me to send u a mechanic to make sure ur car was in tip top shape for a cross-country drive, how would u
feel if I sent a green kid outta school whose never really worked on a car?

That's a Special person analogy. Getsy has been coaching for what, 12 years? And what research have you done? You don't like the hire. We get it. You're basing that on nothing. You have no information. You've never met Getsy. You've never met anyone who worked with Getsy.

He's never been an O.C. in the NFL, but tons of successful O.C.'s had never been O.C.'s before. And super experienced OC's have been disasters. You're making entirely superficial judgements and arguing ad nauseam about them. The word from actual NFL people and media who actually have information is almost universally positive. He was obviously Eberflus' first choice.

I have no idea how he will turn out and have no problem reserving judgement until I actually see him coach. You've just decided arbitrarily that he's a bad hire.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Outside of Daboll I don't see what other direction they could have gone. Caldwell's health and the fact that he already tapped out once scares me. Bieniemy probably didn't get a shot due to Nagy's failure. The Chiefs' offense doesn't miss a beat when they lose a OC. That screams Reid is running the show. If Joe Brady comes on as QB Coach and Getsy is successful we have a successor on staff.
What's the balance between finding a guy who's done it before but is available suggesting that he hasn't done it good enough... and an up-and-comer who's shown promise but hasn't done it yet? Obviously there's a lot of gray area but I tend toward trying to find that next bright mind rather than a retread, and as such, will hope for the best with Getsy.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That's a Special person analogy. Getsy has been coaching for what, 12 years? And what research have you done? You don't like the hire. We get it. You're basing that on nothing. You have no information. You've never met Getsy. You've never met anyone who worked with Getsy.

He's never been an O.C. in the NFL, but tons of successful O.C.'s had never been O.C.'s before. And super experienced OC's have been disasters. You're making entirely superficial judgements and arguing ad nauseam about them. The word from actual NFL people and media who actually have information is almost universally positive. He was obviously Eberflus' first choice.

I have no idea how he will turn out and have no problem reserving judgement until I actually see him coach. You've just decided arbitrarily that he's a bad hire.

You left key elements of the discussion
Here's how the convo got started>>>>#406 and here >>>>>>#437 .

It's not about "like" or "dislike".
When someone is qualified for a position, all that needs to be done is list their accomplishments and results.
When this can't be done, there's a problem.

Anytime23

I wish Getsy could have been here to answer some questions and try to sell Chicago on why such an unproven coach is going to be the one to install his own offense, call plays and develop the most important player the Bears have had in decades. #180

Last edited:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
You left key elements of the discussion
Here's how the convo got started>>>>#406 and here >>>>>>#437 .

It's not about "like" or "dislike".
When someone is qualified for a position, all that needs to be done is list their accomplishments and results.
When this can't be done, there's a problem.

Anytime23

I wish Getsy could have been here to answer some questions and try to sell Chicago on why such an unproven coach is going to be the one to install his own offense, call plays and develop the most important player the Bears have had in decades. #180

He's been a coach for 13 years. He was an offensive coordinator in college. He was the Packer's passing game coordinator for the last two years. If your implying that you have to have been an NFL coordinator in the past to be a successful one that's absurd. He was interviewed for the Broncos head coaching job.

You're drawing conclusions based on nothing. Everything I can find about him is positive. I have no idea if he was a good hire and neither does anyone else.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He's been a coach for 13 years. He was an offensive coordinator in college. He was the Packer's passing game coordinator for the last two years. If your implying that you have to have been an NFL coordinator in the past to be a successful one that's absurd. He was interviewed for the Broncos head coaching job.

You're drawing conclusions based on nothing. Everything I can find about him is positive. I have no idea if he was a good hire and neither does anyone else.
From your article: " Getsy was then hired by his old coach Joe Moorhead to be his Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers coach at Mississippi State in 2018. That season, the offense just from 100th to 20th in OFEI and from 39th to 27th in OF+. However, Joe Moorhead did call the plays for the offense at Mississippi State."

Somebody else called plays at Miss, St. I posted info on that the other day. You mentioned he interviewed for the Broncos head coaching job. Well Josh McCown interviewed for the Texans HC job ( he never coached at the pro or college level)
Tell me why he was the most qualified candidate for OC of the ppl we interviewed. (let me know if u need names. But I'm sure u already know).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Somebody else called plays at Miss, St. I posted info on that the other day. You mentioned he interviewed for the Broncos head coaching job. Well Josh McCown interviewed for the Texans HC job ( he never coached at the pro or college level)
Tell me why he was the most qualified candidate for OC of the ppl we interviewed. (let me know if u need names. But I'm sure u already know).
fromjess-lmaoa.gif

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
From your article: " Getsy was then hired by his old coach Joe Moorhead to be his Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers coach at Mississippi State in 2018. That season, the offense just from 100th to 20th in OFEI and from 39th to 27th in OF+. However, Joe Moorhead did call the plays for the offense at Mississippi State."

I can't possibly make that evaluation. What makes a coach qualified for a promotion involves things fans have absolutely no knowledge of. Sean McVey was a tight end coach for a couple years before becoming an O.C. was he "qualified"? How could we possibly know? Getsy has way more " qualifications" than McVey had. Experience matters, but it's just one aspect.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

i can't possibly make that evaluation. What makes a coach qualified for a promotion involves things fans have absolutely no knowledge of. Sean McVey was a tight end coach for a couple years before becoming an O.C. was he "qualified"? How could we possibly know? Getsy has way more " qualifications" than McVey had. Experience matters, but it's just one aspect.

I addressed your "He's been a coach for 13 years." statement and read the article.

You're avoiding the question

Go ahead and list a few names of the ppl we interviewed. Sean McVey wasn't one of them.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't possibly make that evaluation. What makes a coach qualified for a promotion involves things fans have absolutely no knowledge of. Sean McVey was a tight end coach for a couple years before becoming an O.C. was he "qualified"? How could we possibly know? Getsy has way more " qualifications" than McVey had. Experience matters, but it's just one aspect.
@2:30 here's how I feel when asking about the OC qualifications for hire vs who was interviewed and hired
Was Getsy the best most qualified out of who we saw?

Last edited:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I addressed your "He's been a coach for 13 years." statement and read the article.

You're avoiding the question

Go ahead and list a few names of the ppl we interviewed. Sean McVey wasn't one of them.

I'm not avoiding the question. I cannot possibly answer it. Neither can you. If you define qualifications as nothing but experience then no, but that is only one element. And while he hasn't run his own offense, he has plenty of coaching experience. Ability to work with others, intelligence, communication, organization... there are many, many factors that go into determining wether or not a candidate is qualified.

All I know is Eberflus wanted him, and he got him. There's no indication they couldn't get more "qualified" candidates. They got their guy. Wether or not it works out is completely unknowable at this point. Choosing an o.c. with vast experience in calling plays and running an offense in no way guarantees success.