Pompei: "Why didn't the Bears want Jim Harbaugh as head coach? It's a mystery."

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears history of hires speaks for itself.
Somehow they convinced themselves to fail in the exact same ways they always do one more time before the team is sold.
We can only hope this was the last time they involve themselves or Polian.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Perhaps we should address the opposite angle.

Those who know Harbaugh best, don't ant him.

He hasn't been hired anywhere else. He had a great record in San Fran and the fired him. What does that tell you? He went to a Super Bowl and NFC Championships, and they still deemed it not worth dealing with him.
the guy that fired him hired Urban Meyer and Jim Tomsula and is pretty close to being fired. He's a fucking moron. Thats what it tells us.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I remember first hearing this while listening to Boers & Bernstein and i almost ran off the road i was laughing so hard. I would love for him to be the Bears hc just for the luls. Worth it.
I think my co-workers were wondering what was wrong with me because I think B & B played the whole interview. That clip was towards the end where the guy interviewing him was like "fuck it." The whole Harbaugh line of questioning was classic, where you had Tomsula calling it "ludacrist"

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Y’all still mad?

Rise

Liked Posts:
H.I.T.S

Harbaugh Is The Shit

2Deep

Liked Posts:
The amount of people simping for George McCaskey and his wallet has been nothing short of embarrassing, even for Bears fans.

Looks like Harbaugh to Minnesota, and he's bringing Vic Fangio with him. Have fun with that, Bears fans!
Lol.....the amount of people pimping for Harbaugh, guy who has won nothing and beaten ohio state once, is also meatballish.

If he goes to Minnesota for 10 years and 100 mil, then they will regret that ultimately after about 3-4 years.

I will agree Fangio would be the biggest problem.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These decisions by the Bears felt rushed, desperate and cheap.
In the end they went with a kid, a DC head coach for an underperforming defense that failed them in big moments all year, and a QB coach for probably the QB in the league who accepts the least outside input of any other and steers his own ship, moreover, even engages in a franchise power struggle with his coaches and taught them a lesson in pettiness and revenge this year while side-speaking on the radio during the week.
I don’t think there is a more irrelevant person in the league than AR’s QB coach, and damn we went out and made him ours.
Good luck running an offense with a rookie you have to teach everything after not proving you are a teacher at all. Whether he is or not we will see, but these were some flabbergasting hires.

Last edited:

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe the Bears didn’t want to give all that power to a head coach/GM.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
How many Superbowls did they win in that time? I think the answer is the same as the Bears, no?
So Harbaugh taking over a 6-10 team and going 13-3 and making the NFC championship game his first year.. Makes 3 NFC championships and 1 superbowl in 4 years VS the Bears missing the playoffs every year in that same window is the same to you? lol

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy's record with Fangio was 12-4, made the playoffs and if not for the double doink, the NFC championship.

When Harbaugh was in SF, their D was always in the top 5. The O was only top 1/2 of the league once and never top 10.

That said, what Jim did counts but i think it may be overstated and it's important that he has someone he can work with, a previous association like the Minn. GM.

There were rumors that the Bear talked to Jim before starting their official GM search. My guess he laid out the rules like picking/approving his GM and the search group didn't want any part of that dictatorship. In Minn, Harbaugh may have that GM he's willing to work with.

I said before this began that there's a couple coaches that you could take before a GM and that may actually be necessary. Harbaugh was one of those.

Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think my co-workers were wondering what was wrong with me because I think B & B played the whole interview. That clip was towards the end where the guy interviewing him was like "fuck it." The whole Harbaugh line of questioning was classic, where you had Tomsula calling it "ludacrist"
You're welcome

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I would have loved Harbaugh here simply for the daily drama and the slobbering news coverage of him.
but, the reality is the McCaskeys gave Wannstedt head coach/GM power and it blew up on them, they’ve paid the last how many coaches to sit home for at least a year after firing them. They are not going to give anyone that much power and especially not for 7-10 years.
next question…..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the guy that fired him hired Urban Meyer and Jim Tomsula and is pretty close to being fired. He's a fucking moron. Thats what it tells us.

Ownership chose Baalke over Harbaugh.

There is no scenario where I give Harbaugh roster control and 7-10 year deal 10m per.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Maybe the Bears didn’t want to give all that power to a head coach/GM.
Realistically we are the perfect franchise to give all that power to someone like Harbaugh, because there is so little football knowledge and expertise at the top levels of the organisation. Let him run it.

Sadly the people at the top of the organisation would rather more non threatening options, who will allow them to stay in their 1920s bubble and not get challenged or taken out of their comfort zone.

I don’t want to knock Poles and Eberflus at all - they might be great and fingers crossed they are. But their profiles are very McCaskey-typical and that hasn’t been too successful so far. No risk, no reward.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Realistically we are the perfect franchise to give all that power to someone like Harbaugh, because there is so little football knowledge and expertise at the top levels of the organisation. Let him run it.

Sadly the people at the top of the organisation would rather more non threatening options, who will allow them to stay in their 1920s bubble and not get challenged or taken out of their comfort zone.

I don’t want to knock Poles and Eberflus at all - they might be great and fingers crossed they are. But their profiles are very McCaskey-typical and that hasn’t been too successful so far. No risk, no reward.
There’s a difference between taking a risk and being purely stupid. Bringing Harbaugh in is the latter….

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Nagy's record with Fangio was 12-4, made the playoffs and if not for the double doink, the NFC championship.

When Harbaugh was in SF, their D was always in the top 5. The O was only top 1/2 of the league once and never top 10.

That said, what Jim did counts but i think it may be overstated and it's important that he has someone he can work with, a previous association like the Minn. GM.

There were rumors that the Bear talked to Jim before starting their official GM search. My guess he laid out the rules like picking/approving his GM and the search group didn't want any part of that dictatorship. In Minn, Harbaugh may have that GM he's willing to work with.

I said before this began that there's a couple coaches that you could take before a GM and that may actually be necessary. Harbaugh was one of those.
Harbaugh took over the 24th ranked offense and turned them into the 11th..11th.. and 11th ranked offense.. you want to compare that to Nagy?

I'm sure he did want more control, thats rumored to be the reason he left the 49ers is because of a power struggle with him and the GM..

But its not like the Bears already had someone in place where it would not work out.. they have no gm.. no football guy at all.. Get him and let him run it how he wants..