Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A story in 3 parts.

View attachment 17398

View attachment 17399

View attachment 17400

@Anytime23 - I only see you when I choose to. And 95% of the time, I chose not to. That is how the ignore feature works here. But keep kidding yourself :smug2:

Imagine thinking everyone else is as dumb as you are. You just added me to ignore and took a screenshot lmfao

Don't trust the media, people. Trust the guy who blatantly and constantly lies every single day :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hey @Mighty Joe Young don't worry, i have you on ignore too! I only see you when i choose to hahahahahaha

1643774866370.png

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what I thought. I'm very worried about Whitehair at center. I'd rather try Daniels there again. And Daniels is not so bad at guard to need to be gone. He was a high prospect and played center before the NFL, I don't see a reason he absolutely can't do it in the NFL with the right coaching.
As far as the former rookies go I don't really care. I'd like them to work but if they don't they don't. But I don't see how this team or even just the oline can be fixed in the offseason Pace left us with.
IDK if Whitehair is any good, but here's an idea...draft a Center, play them at Center. He's probably been playing Center for 10 years. IDK why they change guys out of their natural, original position.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The racism claim seems odd to me without the benefit of reading all the texts (what I did see didn't hint at that, just not following the rule). I was thinking with the Bears & Getsy, I wouldn't want to be the black coach coming in for a fake interview after that hire was leaked.
They found their guy and that's who it was going to be. Personally I'd find the Rooney Rule wasting my time so the team can check a box to be the racism.
Maybe it's nice to have a long shot chance if you're a nobody looking to move up but I'd think once you were a proven HC that would go out the door and you'd be willing to get a job on your accolades not the color of your skin.

Maybe I'm naive but I don't see Flores (or Lovie or Tomlin) not getting a HC job in the NFL because they're black. They may not fit what you want but neither do a bunch of white HCs.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
IDK if Whitehair is any good, but here's an idea...draft a Center, play them at Center. He's probably been playing Center for 10 years. IDK why they change guys out of their natural, original position.

There is a part of me that wonders about draft or FA smoke screens.

Think about it this way - if you wanted to get a jump on say, a certain free agent center from Tampa Bay, you might find someone to leak out that you are moving Whitehair to center, so that other teams don't think you are a player for that free agent, and you may state at your press conference that you prefer the 2nd and 3rd wave of free agency instead of the first, all to mislead other potential suitors.

And then you back up the brinks truck for the guy when no one is looking (much like how we got Peppers back in the day).

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a part of me that wonders about draft or FA smoke screens.

Think about it this way - if you wanted to get a jump on say, a certain free agent center from Tampa Bay, you might find someone to leak out that you are moving Whitehair to center, so that other teams don't think you are a player for that free agent, and you may state at your press conference that you prefer the 2nd and 3rd wave of free agency instead of the first, all to mislead other potential suitors.

And then you back up the brinks truck for the guy when no one is looking (much like how we got Peppers back in the day).
True. Good point.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

That's why I think with the right coach teaching him the NFL there's no excuse for Daniels to not be playing center.
He was predicted as round 2 center. He went round 2 center. We try him for a very short time and decide he can't call the defense. So coach him to.

Whitehair had too many bad snaps for me to trust. Maybe he can call protections but not being able to get the ball to the QB is pretty important.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

What's really stupid about that and the last 5 years is that is common sense if you're set up to do that. And the Bears were set up to do that with Trubisky.
But it was like Pace was just throwing random parts in a box hoping it would make a working machine. Got the QB, now let's get a HC that doesn't like him. Now I'll pour a bunch of picks for the rest of the QB's rookie contract into the defense.

The way it ended up Pace would've done better keeping Emery's offense because he did nothing to rebuild one around his QB.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What's really stupid about that and the last 5 years is that is common sense if you're set up to do that. And the Bears were set up to do that with Trubisky.
But it was like Pace was just throwing random parts in a box hoping it would make a working machine. Got the QB, now let's get a HC that doesn't like him. Now I'll pour a bunch of picks for the rest of the QB's rookie contract into the defense.

The way it ended up Pace would've done better keeping Emery's offense because he did nothing to rebuild one around his QB.

Trubisky also was the wrong pick to begin with. Even if you totally maxed out his ability with superior coaching (which we didn't have), his ceiling is Kirk Cousins...

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Trubisky also was the wrong pick to begin with. Even if you totally maxed out his ability with superior coaching (which we didn't have), his ceiling is Kirk Cousins...

Could be but you don't know that by giving him no oline and one WR. What you do is assure his ceiling is low.
Had we built a team around Trubisky how much better would Fields have done his rookie year?

It seems Bears and many of their fans think you get a GOAT QB and that's all you need. GOATs are rare, sometimes you get Cousins and have to build a team around them to help.
I'm sure had we got the right QB instead of Trubisky he'd have bust in Chicago too.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Could be but you don't know that by giving him no oline and one WR. What you do is assure his ceiling is low.
Had we built a team around Trubisky how much better would Fields have done his rookie year?

It seems Bears and many of their fans think you get a GOAT QB and that's all you need. GOATs are rare, sometimes you get Cousins and have to build a team around them to help.
I'm sure had we got the right QB instead of Trubisky he'd have bust in Chicago too.

So, even if a QB is in a bad system, you can look at traits. Mitch, even with protection and an open WR running a clear route, struggled MIGHTILY with down the field accuracy, something cousins also struggles with. Its something Fields already is a top 5 QB in the league in, even with his limited playing time and other struggles.

Then, if you go back and watch a lot of tape on Mitch while with the Bears, he also doesn't see the field well at ALL. A lot of times in 2018 and 2019, he had wide open receivers, and just didn't see them. He didn't go through his progressions well.

That is something that maybe, MAYBE with the right coach, they can fix that issue. But if you do fix it, but still have the guy with down the field accuracy issues, who do you have? Another Kirk Cousins, which is how I got to that comp.

The only difference is Mitch is a little bit more mobile.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Godwin will cost too much. Jensen is a bit overrated. Better graded Gs will be available for cheaper IMO.

Even if the bears had the capital to make a splash in FA. Don't set yourself up for being disappointed. Poles speaks on his FA and draft philosophy abit here. Spoiler: he's very big on the 2nd and 3rd wave of FA.

Was it Poles who said "we don't just EVALUATE, we also VALUATE". Either Poles or Flus said something like that. Can't remember who said it.

OC moves on to become an HC, QB coach moves up to OC, system stays the same for Allen...........who would have thought.
yep this is the argument I've been having with people complaining about how "Our OC is going to get poached by other teams". You don't need to learn a new playbook if you have a system of just promoting from within