*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Dpaw

Liked Posts:
He wasn’t going to be hired as an OC for one. Let me
Ask you this, would you have hated the hire if Brady was the Bears QB Coach? Sure sounds like it.
You’re still avoiding the question…what impressed you about Brady? I wouldn’t mind if Brady was hired but whomever is hired I’ll wait to give any judgement until I see some games played.

Rise

Liked Posts:
You’re still avoiding the question…what impressed you about Brady? I wouldn’t mind if Brady was hired but whomever is hired I’ll wait to give any judgement until I see some games played.

I’m not avoiding anything, you are. You were trying to discredit him because the Bears didn’t hire him. It’s common knowledge why he had options, and why he was fired.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Anything is possible, but isn’t it most likely that we look back on these hires in a few years and think, “Yeesh, we should’ve known right then and there that this coach was gonna suck.”?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anything is possible, but isn’t it most likely that we look back on these hires in a few years and think, “Yeesh, we should’ve known right then and there that this coach was gonna suck.”?

The problem is you have people who do that every single coaching hire.

I wouldn't necessarily say the Lovie tenure sucked, minus 2007 to 2009. It just got old having a coach who didn't have a clue about the offense as the league was modernizing to what we have now.

The thing is, we're going to have the guy for at least 3 years so let's at least give him a chance. It's not like we know he sucks. It's that we don't know anything. And in terms of decision making and how they are putting together a staff, if feels very polished in how they're going about it, which is why some of us are willing to wait and give them the benefit of the doubt.

We've seen train wrecks before from jump. Thus far, this isn't it.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The problem is you have people who do that every single coaching hire.

I wouldn't necessarily say the Lovie tenure sucked, minus 2007 to 2009. It just got old having a coach who didn't have a clue about the offense as the league was modernizing to what we have now.

The thing is, we're going to have the guy for at least 3 years so let's at least give him a chance. It's not like we know he sucks. It's that we don't know anything. And in terms of decision making and how they are putting together a staff, if feels very polished in how they're going about it, which is why some of us are willing to wait and give them the benefit of the doubt.

We've seen train wrecks before from jump. Thus far, this isn't it.
Oh, I’ve got no problem giving him a chance. I’m fine with that. Maybe he’ll be good. I just don’t think that’s likely, though.

I’m fine with giving Eberflus a fair shake while also acknowledging that he’s likely to fail. I see nothing in his track record or the Bears’ track record that would cause me to expect success.

When you say, “how they are putting together a staff, if feels very polished in how they're going about it,” what do you mean? Eberflus is only hiring people he’s already close to, and they’re all first timers at their positions. How is that “polished”?