Cody Whitehair

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Let's say that we trade them to a guard-hungry team like the Jets. What is the cap hit vs. savings?

I'm not a cap guy. My reading of over the cap is that we end up off-loading his 8 million base salary and eat the 4 million in dead money that is the 12 million dead hit. So, if we trade him, we get 8 million plus vs losing 4 to the black hole. Am I correct?
Another question to consider is why would the Jets trade for Whitehair when they could sign a free agent or draft a player who is as good or better, costs less, and won't require the Jets to trade a draft pick?

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Another question to consider is why would the Jets trade for Whitehair when they could sign a free agent or draft a player who is as good or better, costs less, and won't require the Jets to trade a draft pick?
Lots of OL are not ready the first year or so and there is at least a 50% failure rate. Whitehair is a good average OG/C. He is just overpriced. I'd be ok with him moving back to C and get him some good coaching on hiking the ball in shotgun and punts.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lots of OL are not ready the first year or so and there is at least a 50% failure rate. Whitehair is a good average OG/C. He is just overpriced. I'd be ok with him moving back to C and get him some good coaching on hiking the ball in shotgun and punts.
If he could long snap, he'd be a VG center.