***OFFICIAL USMNT Thread*** (Vol. 2022 WC Qualifying)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That was silly.

I don’t like that we did that and I don’t think we needed to. We did prove we were the mentally tougher side but I don’t think we had more than 3 or 4 players who actually benefited.

Zimmerman was one. Pulisic cozy off the bench, sure. And the opponent straight had 3 players quit, no mas.

So it worked but was cheap and I think corrupted the analysis of Weah and Pepi.

I thought Weah was sensational again and created all kinds of havoc and garnered attention that led to goals, but disappointed he couldn’t find one himself.

Yeah. Was pretty bad and pointless. If you cant beat Honduras normal, then you aren't good enough

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They need to make a temperature limit at FIFA so home sides try to avoid such nonsense. like 20 degrees even is not fun.
-20 wind chill is foolish. And it could have been worse…at what point do they cancel it?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gio got hurt in his first match back. But it's only 2 weeks. Whew

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gio got hurt in his first match back. But it's only 2 weeks. Whew
Yeah but he cried like Boqvist @Grimson out of frustration.

Alot of miles on this young kid. His body is imbalanced and he hasn't found a good groove. Outside chance he can recover enough to contribute to world cup now, but he need only split one spot with Pepe...for me Weah is ahead of both at this moment for a true 9. And even Pulusic is sometimes better sharing minutes...whatever Reyna can give is good.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Alot of miles on this young kid. His body is imbalanced and he hasn't found a good groove. Outside chance he can recover enough to contribute to world cup now, but he need only split one spot with Pepe...for me Weah is ahead of both at this moment for a true 9. And even Pulusic is sometimes better sharing minutes...whatever Reyna can give is good.

mad drug addict is mad

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team has a chance to win CONCACAF and draw an easy group for once in 4 more years.

We were never healthy but our best 11 is getting close to a full group of "important" players from first leagues and half even playing big roles on champions league powerhouses.

Its the most hope I've had for U.S. soccer in my lifetime. Its a treat to get to watch them make it to the big show at such a young age because the veterans were cleared out early for total overhaul, but success is not expected or needed this round for enjoyment. Just a bunch of kids really.

Most won't even be 30 or just in 8 years.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
BIG game tonight. Let's get 3.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Awesome win last night. Barring an absolute collapse.... we will be in Qatar!

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Qatar world cup should be interesting. We might be watching the USA play on Thanksgiving this year. lol

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tomorrow is the draw... give me Group A

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I gotta say I love this group for Team USA. They should easily get out of this group. If they fail to get out of this group, it's a disappointment. I'm expecting 7 or 9 points, but will be content with 6 points.

I don't think there's a group of death this time around. Maybe group G? the groups seem balanced for the most part.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

No it is not!!
England is possibly slightly lesser of a tier 1 juggernaut, and while possible to draw don’t get your hopes too high. They will out shoot us 20-5.
?England -300
Draw +225
U.S.+400?

Wales is most likely to survive the play-in. They consider themselves as good as England. In fact, at the last Euros Garreth Bale stated that “England only have 1 or 2 players that would start in the Welsh 11.”

2 Europe teams is not a great draw generally.
This Wales/England combo is solid. No weakness there. Both are far superior to us in skill and style. We have youthful legs.

If you aren’t scared of Iran you don’t know soccer and haven’t followed too many USMNT world cups.

They have a domestic powerhouse team called Persepolis that could destroy any MLS team. They are a soccer fanatic country and almost always win their qualifying region, though a formidable South Korean program closed the gap in recent generations.

Generally I don’t consider drawing a squad that hates you domestically and politically a good thing, as the U.S will be their primary target and they will play us exceptionally physical. (Which admittedly would play into the hands of our youthful athletes.)

There is no easy win here. I don’t know what you guys are seeing.

The group does get considerably better if Scotland or Ukraine somehow get by Wales.

Consider Wales to be on par with this iteration of Canada, although Wales is superior, but I see some parallels with their style and squads.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a brighter note. We have no chance to get past the 16, and while I doubt we advance who cares. Our average age is like 22. This was about qualifying experience and getting our own “golden generation” an early taste of this so they want more and know how good they need to train to be.

It’s all gravy for us now, I couldn’t be more happy or impressed with qualifying in a much improved CONCACAF with a group of kids basically.

As for Group of Death…if you can’t see it you might be in it. If you respect U.S soccer and know what Iran soccer is about, and assume Wales comes through…it might be almost as bad as E and H.

We couldn’t have fallen in with E and made it a nightmare because we achieved tier 2? Germany and Spain is bad news for Japan.

But top to bottom the Uruguay/Ghana group H is a solid 4.

The U.S must defeat Iran ?? to have any chance at advancement, and unfortunately we have seen this movie before.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What is up with Gio Reyna my god?

He is going to go into hysterics and cry off the pitch every time he picks up a niggle now?

That’s his career? Injured 10 times and cried 11?

This shit happened again, it looked like he pulled his quad stretching for a ball.

If ever a dude needed to find hot yoga it’s him.

I hope it’s a quad, plenty of time to recover for World Cup. Your 22, stop crying about it please, you’ve got 3 more cycles to find your form and figure out your body.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did Claudios kid stop Reyna’n tears all over the pitch yet? Grass is overwatered, although they might need that moisture in Qatar.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So it's Wales, England and Iran.
The best the USMNT will probably do is 1-1-1. Better rack up some goal differential vs Iran!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it’s a solid group all around. Will be interesting how we match up against a premiere league style.

Iranian style is more flamboyant take one on ones like Brazil or South Africa.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They should give the Ecuadorian playoff spot to Ukraine, IMO.

Not Italy or Chile. Punish the federation of Comnebol and give it to the strongest/largest federation that saw Ukraine the closest runner up.