Permanent GM Interviews To Begin

Granada

Liked Posts:
Welp, no Tulsty I guess. Final 3 candidates are Davidson, Darche, and (wait for it) Greenberg.

At least they didn't pick Chiarelli. I hope it's Darche. If not him, Davidson.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
And the fate of Hawks are in the hands of these 3 potential GM’s, Greenberg really? Wow this team is junk, from top to bottom, with a plethora of candidates we are left with a who’s who to be the Hawks next GM.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Welp, no Tulsty I guess. Final 3 candidates are Davidson, Darche, and (wait for it) Greenberg.

At least they didn't pick Chiarelli. I hope it's Darche. If not him, Davidson.
Agreed. I hope it's Darche, too.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli

Rb2ZpO0n_normal.jpg
Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
·
21m

Here’s the
@DailyFaceoff
story on Davidson’s imminent announcement:

sources are saying the hawks will announce Davidson as GM Tuesday. Guess its better the devil you know than don't know. Only thing is he probably won't clean house on the scouting staff like some have been suggesting. But as you guys say they were Stan's guys and usually a new GM wants to bring in his new people so we'll see?

Last edited by a moderator:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Lol. Well, I can't say I'm too surprised -- I remember saying such when this process was going on. So I would imagine that Kelly will be back as coach next season too. I'm curious to know if the players had any say in hiring Davidson.

Anyways, this is goofy to an extent, but it could have been worse. The candidate pool wasn't the most plentiful. Sure, you had Tulsty and Darche, but I wouldn't call those guys "sure things" for the role. I'm not really mad about them sticking with Davidson, but I just think it's funny. It does make the org look all the more dumb, especially considering what they're doing in the broadcasting department by phasing out Wiedeman, etc.

Granada

Liked Posts:
sources are saying the hawks will announce Davidson as GM Tuesday. Guess its better the devil you know than don't know. Only thing is he probably won't clean house on the scouting staff like some have been suggesting. But as you guys say they were Stan's guys and usually a new GM wants to bring in his new people so we'll see?
Yeah, that is the one major drawback.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, that is the one major drawback.
I'm pessimistic enough about this being a Bowman crony that I think this dude will be on the phone getting advice from both Stan and Scotty. I'd have preferred their hands be out of this organ-eye-zation once and for all, even if it meant the baseball or basketball hires.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Fucking ridiculous. All this to remove the tag given to him because there was no one left. He must still have pictures.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I'm pessimistic enough about this being a Bowman crony that I think this dude will be on the phone getting advice from both Stan and Scotty. I'd have preferred their hands be out of this organ-eye-zation once and for all, even if it meant the baseball or basketball hires.
This 100%.

For all anybody knows this guy is nothing but a puppet for Blowman who’s still the GM from cell phone.

Don’t like it. I’m sure Kelly stays and that’s the biggest flaw with a rebuild, he’s horrible at drafting players.

If this guy can get thru the deadline with some new draft picks I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. If he gets rid of Kelly he has my full support. If he can turn CDH into a fourth rounder they should name a pizza after the guy, if he actually comes thru and says “he we are rebuilding, give me a couple years to fix this shit” I’ll have respect for him.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Interesting tidbits in this article. Not saying I necessarily buy it, but still, it's a tad bit encouraging that Davidson has stated on record that he isn't beholden to any players or past decisions. Time will tell of course, but the Nylander trade as evidenced in the article, does somewhat bolster his claim.

I don't know how I feel about Campbell moving to a higher role within the org and potentially being Davidson's right-hand man. Sounds dicey.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting tidbits in this article. Not saying I necessarily buy it, but still, it's a tad bit encouraging that Davidson has stated on record that he isn't beholden to any players or past decisions. Time will tell of course, but the Nylander trade as evidenced in the article, does somewhat bolster his claim.

I don't know how I feel about Campbell moving to a higher role within the org and potentially being Davidson's right-hand man. Sounds dicey.

We'll see....no one really knows, just like Ryan/Matt part 2 with the Bears. I'm certainly not going to root for Davidson to fail to fail even if I am skeptical about the Bowmans being out of the picture for good.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perfect, actually....no "Nagyspeak," just a simple statement of the truth. I hope that this includes frank discussion with Toews and Kane (and we the public don't need to know the details) about the plan for the team, and asking them if they want to be a part of it or not. I think Jon and Pat have earned the right to determine their futures.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

I going to need more proof and outside evidence. I just can't get behind articles written by a source that is ultimately partially owned by the team they are writing about.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perfect, actually....no "Nagyspeak," just a simple statement of the truth. I hope that this includes frank discussion with Toews and Kane (and we the public don't need to know the details) about the plan for the team, and asking them if they want to be a part of it or not. I think Jon and Pat have earned the right to determine their futures.
If this is truly the case, then we should be looking at movement of players on this team that have both a bit of age on them and some value.
MAF and Kaner jump to the head of the line. MAF is obvious but if they are ever gonna move Kane....it better be soon. He still has those great hands but while never a speedster....he has definitely lost a step this year. He's late getting to his areas and gets caught from behind on nearly every break out. Plus his body language is speaking volumes.....the losing is wearing on him. At this point, I don't think it will take much talking to get him to allow a trade. I'm gonna take a guess and predict that Toews retires at season's end before he turns himself into a vegetable.

Your base is Cat, Hagel, Jones, Reichel and Dach....Dach only because of his size and age but if someone wants him, I'd listen.

There are a couple of others that might draw some interest but not much.......it's gonna be a long, ugly period of NHL hockey in Chicago.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I really have a feeling Kane and Toews get extended. Unless Davidson has some master plan in place I can’t see him moving this franchises two marquee icons with NMC’s for anything. Maybe he extends them but without those NMC’s then traded them? That would take balls and the jury is out if he has a pair.

Reality says everyone outside of the young skill guys need to be shipped out. Get as much value for Murphy and call up these kids you have been stockpiling on defense and get them experience. He said the right things during his presser but like anything with this team I’m skeptical until I see results.

The good news is this team is good enough to fly past the draft pick this year and Davidson should be doing everything in his power to stockpile first rounders for next years draft. There’s currently 12 projected stars in that draft and getting two would go a long way n a rebuild.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I really have a feeling Kane and Toews get extended. Unless Davidson has some master plan in place I can’t see him moving this franchises two marquee icons with NMC’s for anything. Maybe he extends them but without those NMC’s then traded them? That would take balls and the jury is out if he has a pair.

Reality says everyone outside of the young skill guys need to be shipped out. Get as much value for Murphy and call up these kids you have been stockpiling on defense and get them experience. He said the right things during his presser but like anything with this team I’m skeptical until I see results.

The good news is this team is good enough to fly past the draft pick this year and Davidson should be doing everything in his power to stockpile first rounders for next years draft. There’s currently 12 projected stars in that draft and getting two would go a long way n a rebuild.

Kane might get extended but I cant imagine Toews signing another contract anywhere. He'll probably retire

Granada

Liked Posts:
I going to need more proof and outside evidence. I just can't get behind articles written by a source that is ultimately partially owned by the team they are writing about.
I agree with your skepticism, although I am more skeptical of Davidson than I am the writer, at least in this instance. When Davidson says, "rebuild," as he was quoted, what exactly is his definition of a rebuild? Because we all saw what Bowman's definition of it was when he said the same thing 2 years ago, which was utter bull shit. I guess my point is, Davidson said the right thing, but it doesn't mean anything unless he backs it up with his actions.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Kane might get extended but I cant imagine Toews signing another contract anywhere. He'll probably retire
Toews would have to sign for something like 2-3 million at most for a year. So essentially I agree, he will most likely just retire. I think it would be the right move, the guy has won at every level and his concussion history is no joke. That's hard to say, but it's true. He'll go down not only as a champion at every level, but as the greatest captain in Blackhawks history.

Kane, same story, but maybe he gets offered a bit more for one year, like 4-5 million perhaps? Unlike Toews, who always played a harsher two-way style of hockey, I do think Kane still has more hockey left. The question will be, will he want to stick around on a shit team on a short-team deal -- he has said he wants to stay in Chicago, but of course, every player says that. Maybe he will want to continue to rise in the Blackhawks record books, that would really be the only reason for him to stay.

I remember on the Blackhawks old board (when they had one on their main site), maybe around 2013, we argued which players would have their numbers retired. Many posters, myself included, listed like 4 players, lol, many of which were the same and ranged from Hossa, Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp, etc. And these posters weren't newbs, they were veteran posters. I guess we all just got blind in that era of dominance, considering how rare it is for one number to be retired, let alone multiple numbers. It's funny in hindsight, how naive we were. Now, it's hard to see anyone up in the rafters other than Kane. These are all great players/champions, but in order for your number to be retired by a franchise, you have to be an utter legend for your entire career.