hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Should be interesting, Keith will get a warm welcome as he deserves and I think they will be celebrating Hammers career tonight as well.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Seth Jones is really starting to piss me off. I honestly don't know what to make of this guy. I was willing to be patient early in the year with him, letting him get acclimated, but at this point, there is zero excuse why he should turn the fucking puck over like that, after a clean face-off win, with less than a minute to go for the GTG. The guy just pisses me off, they show him after the goal against, and it's like he doesn't even realize it was his fuck up; or he doesn't care. I get it, this team is going nowhere so maybe it's hard for him to really care, and maybe it's just my perception, but his nonchalant attitude really irks me. Show so damn emotion, you just gave up the GTG. That was a huge point for Edmonton to give up too. I'm sick and tired of waiting for this guy to get his head out of his ass already.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seth Jones is really starting to piss me off. I honestly don't know what to make of this guy. I was willing to be patient early in the year with him, letting him get acclimated, but at this point, there is zero excuse why he should turn the fucking puck over like that, after a clean face-off win, with less than a minute to go for the GTG. The guy just pisses me off, they show him after the goal against, and it's like he doesn't even realize it was his fuck up; or he doesn't care. I get it, this team is going nowhere so maybe it's hard for him to really care, and maybe it's just my perception, but his nonchalant attitude really irks me. Show so damn emotion, you just gave up the GTG. That was a huge point for Edmonton to give up too. I'm sick and tired of waiting for this guy to get his head out of his ass already.
I can't disagree with you, but this is why hockey teams should never choose their GM's from the list of people laid off from H&RBlock.

If Jones was less expensive I could be okay with him in the lineup, but once that 9.5 kicks in if his game doesn't improve that's going to hurt.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I can't disagree with you, but this is why hockey teams should never choose their GM's from the list of people laid off from H&RBlock.

If Jones was less expensive I could be okay with him in the lineup, but once that 9.5 kicks in if his game doesn't improve that's going to hurt.
Jones contract will haunt this team for years. I was actually one of those fans that did not have an issue with him being signed, however after the small sample size we have seen this year, my feeling have changed. I honestly thought Seth leaving Columbus would bring him to life, give him a new environment to play in, forget about his past years. Come to Chicago and be the new face on the defensive end, well I am totally mistaken, he has been less than Inspiring, we as fans were up in arms about Seabrooks albatross contract, well well, this one will take the cake.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Jones contract will haunt this team for years. I was actually one of those fans that did not have an issue with him being signed, however after the small sample size we have seen this year, my feeling have changed. I honestly thought Seth leaving Columbus would bring him to life, give him a new environment to play in, forget about his past years. Come to Chicago and be the new face on the defensive end, well I am totally mistaken, he has been less than Inspiring, we as fans were up in arms about Seabrooks albatross contract, well well, this one will take the cake.
Just remember the gm was fired over a scandal not over product on ice. Never forget that part

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only saving grace to the Seth Jones signing is that I think it'll be a number of years down the road before we can say that because Jones is signed to way more than than he produces*, that we lost someone of value.

That's how shallow the 'hawks are. I really don't think anyone but Debrincat, maybe Hagel, and maybe Kane will command anything ginormous, and by the time someone else develops enough for a payday it's likely McCabe, Johnson, and Murph's deals will expire.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Jones reminds me of a guy like Campbell. He's supposed to be markedly better defensively than Campbell, but I don't know, for every good defensive play he makes, he makes 4-5 bad to atrocious ones. Campbell was solid on a deep top-4. His salary was an albatross, but it was somewhat acceptable because he was a competent second-tandem D-man in the playoffs. So I guess my point is, Jones can't carry a blue-line, and at this point, he can't even carry a top-tandem -- much like Campbell. For an offensive d-man, he sure flubs a ton of chances, and he certainly hasn't solved the Hawks' ever-present issue of failing to get shots through from the point. He can be a solid d-man, but he needs a legitimate top-tandem D-man, and maybe even more than that.

Maybe I'm just being too hard on the guy considering it's his first year, but I was expecting so much more on both sides of the ice. He's been mediocre to average at best instead, and he has regularly made mistakes that a guy of his caliber should never make. At this point, with his contract, the only thing we as fans can do is hope it's just a first-year thing and that he'll improve over time.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jones reminds me of a guy like Campbell. He's supposed to be markedly better defensively than Campbell, but I don't know, for every good defensive play he makes, he makes 4-5 bad to atrocious ones. Campbell was solid on a deep top-4. His salary was an albatross, but it was somewhat acceptable because he was a competent second-tandem D-man in the playoffs. So I guess my point is, Jones can't carry a blue-line, and at this point, he can't even carry a top-tandem -- much like Campbell. For an offensive d-man, he sure flubs a ton of chances, and he certainly hasn't solved the Hawks' ever-present issue of failing to get shots through from the point. He can be a solid d-man, but he needs a legitimate top-tandem D-man, and maybe even more than that.

Maybe I'm just being too hard on the guy considering it's his first year, but I was expecting so much more on both sides of the ice. He's been mediocre to average at best instead, and he has regularly made mistakes that a guy of his caliber should never make. At this point, with his contract, the only thing we as fans can do is hope it's just a first-year thing and that he'll improve over time.
I seem to recall that it took a few seasons for Campbell to actually gel within the 'hawks system defensively--like into 2011. Beyond that he was a pure offensive defenseman and pairing him with the young Hjammer complimented his game. Unfortunately, we don't have a Hjammer in the system anymore--not even close.

So I am hoping things settle down with him, especially considering everything that the 'hawks have been through this year and the purging of the accounting department . I can get why any player would have a down year this season because of what happened, and I think those that didn't are special players who we either have to keep or get a veritable haul for.

I'm hoping that Davidson is more than just lip service and maybe he actually did look at the way our ex-legume-reckoner ran things and hated it, so hopefully we get a new coach in the offseason who can implement a defensive system that Seth Jones is willing and able to play, since his next deal is a scar from the previous regime that's going to last for awhile. I've been underwhelmed by King and am hoping we get some different, effective coaching blood.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yes, if there was a last move I wish Stan could have been prevented from making, it's this one...not that I despise Jones, but there is nothing Davidson can do with him now even if he wants to.