Last Game Thread 2022

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If I’m trading Hagel, I’d want a 2023 first. Take the chance that team will be worse in what is supposed to be a better draft. Plus I think you could get a better prospect this way since a future pick is worth less on paper although to the Hawks I think it is worth more than a 2022 pick.

Granada

Liked Posts:
So I didn't know where else to post this, but I wanted to give props to Murphy and De Haan for last game. No one has been harder on both of these guys than me, but I really appreciated their responses physically, even if they didn't go after Gudas himself.

If this makes me a meatball then so be it, but whether this team rebuilds or not next year, they will need a bonafide physical presence on the team to handle situations like Gudas and Trouba. They need at least one guy who can go toe-to-toe with those type of players -- and I'm not talking about another Murphy or Troy Brouwer type -- but a dude who is legitimately feared, yet who isn't completely John-Scott useless out there. I'd still take E. Kane next year, assuming he walks from Edmonton and is cheap. The guy is a bit of a loose cannon, but nevertheless, that guy will eff you up and he can play in your top-six.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I didn't know where else to post this, but I wanted to give props to Murphy and De Haan for last game. No one has been harder on both of these guys than me, but I really appreciated their responses physically, even if they didn't go after Gudas himself.

If this makes me a meatball then so be it, but whether this team rebuilds or not next year, they will need a bonafide physical presence on the team to handle situations like Gudas and Trouba. They need at least one guy who can go toe-to-toe with those type of players -- and I'm not talking about another Murphy or Troy Brouwer type -- but a dude who is legitimately feared, yet who isn't completely John-Scott useless out there. I'd still take E. Kane next year, assuming he walks from Edmonton and is cheap. The guy is a bit of a loose cannon, but nevertheless, that guy will eff you up and he can play in your top-six.
I still don't think Evander Kane is the type you want in the locker room on a rebuilding team--even though I still herald him for knocking Matt Cooke the fuck out--which needed to happen.

I missed the last game (prior commitment with my wife), but I did see DeHaan trying to step up, and I will give Murph some credit for coming a long way from "I'm too important to fight", so that's a good thing. But I do think that a player who will throw down (and who most players don't want to throw down with), be a good locker room guy with the youth, and not be a pylon in the lineup is a rare thing. I get that E. Kane might be the only available option, but I also understand there might not be that option available. We might have to sacrifice something within that paradigm, like maybe someone who might not strike fear into the hearts of everyone but still has a ton of snarl and is willing to throw down, and at the same time we could work around having them off the ice for 5 minutes.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I still don't think Evander Kane is the type you want in the locker room on a rebuilding team--even though I still herald him for knocking Matt Cooke the fuck out--which needed to happen.

I missed the last game (prior commitment with my wife), but I did see DeHaan trying to step up, and I will give Murph some credit for coming a long way from "I'm too important to fight", so that's a good thing. But I do think that a player who will throw down (and who most players don't want to throw down with), be a good locker room guy with the youth, and not be a pylon in the lineup is a rare thing. I get that E. Kane might be the only available option, but I also understand there might not be that option available. We might have to sacrifice something within that paradigm, like maybe someone who might not strike fear into the hearts of everyone but still has a ton of snarl and is willing to throw down, and at the same time we could work around having them off the ice for 5 minutes.

All due respect KOTL but I've been hearing this argument for a while now, and it's just stale for me. What about the locker-room, etc. What's bad for a locker room is when the stars of an entire team -- i.e. Debrincat getting utterly pulverized by Gudas, etc. -- are targeted an entire game, and there is really no one on said team who can do a damn thing about it; and they all know it. I get it, we always want guys with great character who can do that, but those guys are few and far between. You need a guy with a true mean streak.

E. Kane has something like 5 goals in 9 games with Edmonton on top of it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Listening to Foley with Caley Chelios, I don't mind this.

She does better in the booth than on pre-game IMO.

I'd like to see her paired with the younger gent Monaco(?)

I'm sure they have been this year, but I haven't been tuning in.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoever was radio guy sucked.
Troy was as good as usual though.
Glad he's back.
Rawr!

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well that game last night, like the new jersey broadcasters said was great to watch for the fans but hell on a coach. I tried to watch the Hawks nbcsn and was happy when i heard Foley but just couldnt do it once Cailey opened her mouth so off to MSG network I went.

Was great to see Hagel get his hat trick but was thinking NOOOO. that just makes it more appealing for other teams at deadline. LOL In seriousness I think what we saw last night will be next years roster minus Gus (thank gosh he proved last night that he is not a 1st pair dman) Stromer which I just don't see resigning unless he takes a serious paycut. As for the dman I see Galvas (reminds me of a 1st year Hjalmarsson when he was paired with a vet making the same type of mistakes which over time will get corrected) and Regula as a nice steady piece. But what is evident is that they need a top pair dman to go with S. Jones right now your options are Murphy or McCabe unless you can get one in FA but I'd rather they stay with what they got and scorch earth or hope unfairly that Nolan Allan makes the club in the next couple of years.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Who knew Dylan Strome could produce if they actually put him on the ice!? ...
I think most if us thought he was a better option than others he was sctratched for. Glad he is making the most of his chances!

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who knew Dylan Strome could produce if they actually put him on the ice!? ...
I think most if us thought he was a better option than others he was sctratched for. Glad he is making the most of his chances!
Patrick Kane pretty much said that just a few weeks ago.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
5 goals in 7 clock minutes spread over two periods, including 3 in 32 seconds to start the third....fucking BRUTAL.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's been a long while since we had a game which brought a smile to my face like the last one against the Ducks.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Same here. That first period was a beaut.
Thankfully they didn't fall apart in the 2nd. I was worried it would have been the pendulum swinging the other way from the epic outing against Calgary in 2009/2010 if the ream didn't rectify itself.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fun fact: Patrick Kane scored 9.2% of his entire season output in that game.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That 1st period against Ottawa is a lesson on how NOT to react when one of your guys gets boarded.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Say what you will about Toews, but he is back recently from a concussion, gets into a scrap where he took a good pop, and then pots two to tie the game.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Say what you will about Toews, but he is back recently from a concussion, gets into a scrap where he took a good pop, and then pots two to tie the game.

That was awesome, but I seriously thought Toews got hurt in that fight. Good on him, but then again, if there's one guy I do not want to see fighting, it's Toews. The guy just has way too much to lose at this point.

I was surprised to hear Anton Forsberg is having a good year. He certainly looked like the old Forsberg against us.