Dynasty/Keeper Fantasy LEAGUE

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
so whats the happs with all of this gentlemen?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
so whats the happs with all of this gentlemen?

so far doesn’t seem to be enough interest…I mean I thought this was a sports message board

Last edited by a moderator:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be in for an early draft, or waiting if you need more confirmed. I wasn't in the CCS league last year.

Shoot some PM invites?

Last edited:

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Sorry been MIA, work and life has kept me too busy to fuck around on CCS. If the CCS leagues from last year are not happening I would be down with a keeper league.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I still dont understand this dynasty keeper thing, but I will play anyway unless that stuff is stupid.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I still dont understand this dynasty keeper thing, but I will play anyway unless that stuff is stupid.
Redraft is what most players are familiar with, this is where you draft a whole new squad each year. A keeper league is one where you can keep a certain amount of players from your previous years squad for the current year. A dynasty league is where you only draft rookies after you initial draft and everyone that is on your team at the end of the year carries to the next year. Dynasty is more like running an NFL team, you take into account age of players in how you build a team.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've not done dynasty, but honestly not thinking I'd like committing to the same entire roster year after year. The draft is fun to scout out and do each summer. Keepers are okay since you only get to keep a few. Mine with friends is 3, and you keep them at the spot they were originally drafted or bottom of your new draft if picked up on waivers like say a J. Herbert mid last season = my 15th Rd. pick in the new draft as a keeper. A keeper league is a bad idea also unless most everybody wants to do the league year after year. It's okay to have others step in, but they take over an existing roster, pick their 3 to keep, & redraft the rest like normal. That's how I joined my first keeper last summer. I got a shit team & kept AJ Brown, Mostert, and Slayton. It was that bad.

Straight redraft or maybe 2-3 player keeper is prob. best IMO, but whatever. 10-12 teams preferred. Any more and it's such slim pickings for RBs. Kinda based more on luck of draft order if too many teams.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The way I do keepers in my main league is, any one drafted in round 1 or 2 is not eligible to be a keeper and any player who was kept in the prior year is not eligible to be a keeper. Any player you drafted or a player that was drafted and you traded for can be kept in the round they were drafted in. If a player is picked up using FAAB, then they will be kept in the 4th round. If a player is picked up off of FA without spending any money on them, then they are not eligible as a keeper. And lastly a team is allowed to have a second keeper if the player was a rookie the prior year.

I know it seems pretty complicated and a bit much, but this is the 12 year the league has been around and the keeper rules have evolved a lot. It was originally, you were allowed one keeper, the only players eligible are players you drafted, and they are kept in the round they were drafted.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@zack54attack you up for doing a standard PPR league?

I think we got 10-12 people here that would do that.

my dynasty idea flopped lol

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm in. Full or half PPR?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have an opening in my Dynasty League if anyone is interested in joining (there might be another team available, will know more in the coming weeks). The team will have the #1 pick in the draft and has Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, and Najee Harris as his main headliners for the squad. Not saying this will be a championship squad in the upcoming season, but there are some solid pieces and with some savy moves could be a good/competitive team. The buy in is $150. Let me know if you need any other info.

@knoxville7 looking your way...I know you are a fantasy degenerate like me

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I have an opening in my Dynasty League if anyone is interested in joining (there might be another team available, will know more in the coming weeks). The team will have the #1 pick in the draft and has Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, and Najee Harris as his main headliners for the squad. Not saying this will be a championship squad in the upcoming season, but there are some solid pieces and with some savy moves could be a good/competitive team. The buy in is $150. Let me know if you need any other info.

Let me think on that one some…hard to commit right now with so much offseason to go.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let me think on that one some…hard to commit right now with so much offseason to go.
That's cool, I open the league year with the open of FA and do the draft within a couple of weeks after the NFL draft. I like have my ducks in a row as soon as possible so I know this is a little early lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That's cool, I open the league year with the open of FA and do the draft within a couple of weeks after the NFL draft. I like have my ducks in a row as soon as possible so I know this is a little early lol
Haha I feel you on liking to have things all lined up early.

hell, whoever came in 3rd in the CCS dynasty league still hasn’t come forward to claim their $25 lol

i imagine there will be a spot or two available in the CCS one, but I don’t have the time currently to try and hunt them all down

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I might be interested in this as well. I'll certainly give you a heads up if I decide. Savy moves eh? Remember when you offered me Deebo for Ty'Son and I turned it down? LOL. Good times.