HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Fuck this trade!!

Ryan Pace >> Bag of Doritos >> Ryan Poles

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
We payin him 24 mil and he not even on this team anymore. Plus it's money the bears can use RIGHT NOW.
That’s just how it goes. We can still sign someone next week and backload the deal so the majority of it is paid out after this season. Chargers are paying him for two full seasons.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Pick 49 and 30 million in cap saved means the Bears can add 2 studs in free agency and a day 1 starter in the draft. I will take it.
They saved 6.5 m this year and basically 6 million next year (as they would have cut him and designated him as a post June 1 cut). So, 12.5m total in cap space.

In return, the Bears got a 2nd and a 6th a year from now. The 6th next year is so funny because Adam fucking Shaheen fetched a 6th in that years draft; not the next

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
youre right fuck the numbers LETS RESIGN URLACHER AND DITKA AND LET THEM FUCK THE LEAGUE UP HELL YEAH BROTHER
You guys are trying to justify the cap space situation which is money we cant even fucking use right now, Instead of looking at the fact Poles got robbed and for what? a 2nd rounder? which is somebody that isnt even an NFL player right now and has a lot to come prove himself in the process.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
yes you still take the cap hit next year. which is what I said.....if you trade or cut pre June 1...which is happening now you accelerate it against the cap....hence the 12m....If they had cut Mack this year with a post June 1 designation they would have 12m extra for this year against the cap. Thats what I said.
I would prefer getting draft picks to saving $ this year.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They saved 6.5 m this year and basically 6 million next year (as they would have cut him and designated him as a post June 1 cut). So, 12.5m total in cap space.

In return, the Bears got a 2nd and a 6th a year from now. The 6th next year is so funny because Adam fucking Shaheen fetched a 6th in that years draft; not the next
No they are saving $24m next year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You guys are trying to justify the cap space situation which is money we cant even fucking use right now, Instead of looking at the fact Poles got robbed and for what? a 2nd rounder? which is somebody that isnt even an NFL player right now and has a lot to come prove himself in the process.
It frees up a ton in 2023. Not being able to use it now? Not a long-term factor.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Yes we can lol

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That’s just how it goes. We can still sign someone next week and backload the deal so the majority of it is paid out after this season. Chargers are paying him for two full seasons.
yeah man, i dont know about them backloaded contracts.. especially if that player fails or if that shit is gonna haunt the team down the road. I dont like that style.

Last edited:

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
no you moron we are justifying that mack has been an overpaid commodity on this team for the last 2 years and getting more draft capital to build around fields + the cap bonus is infinitely more important than an aging pass rusher who cannot stay on the field. or did you miss where the bears didn't finish 500 last year and had the 4th most sacks in the league? how is this so difficult for you to understand

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It frees up a ton in 2023. Not being able to use it now? Not a long-term factor.
having-holes-everywhere-not-efficient-different-perspective-everything-seems-nicer-100039862.jpg

HOLES EVERYWHERE

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Where are you getting that from? Because Chicago Bears Salary Cap | Over the Cap shows designating him as a post June 1 cut next year would free up nearly 23m of his 28.5 m cap hit next year.

The only reference to 24m is related to his dead cap hit this year.
If you designate as him as a post June 1 cut next year you've already paid him for next year.

And if you post June 1 cut him this year the savings from this year move to the next year's cap.

They save $6m this year and $24m next year when he will carry no dead cap.