Next Year bears have 121M in cap space

msadows

Liked Posts:
You dumb goobers do realize they can backload and use that cap # on FA's this year, right?

Go all in on armstead. Fuck it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Protect Justin at all costs. Get another deep threat.

Easy ass recipe for success. Hopefully poles isn't a goober like pace

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Here's the thing, why didnt we wait until we signed some FA first instead of trading mack today? if we knew we could dump salary anyways?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Bears pick up an additional 6 million this year to work FA so making the trade now makes sense.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You dumb goobers do realize they can backload and use that cap # on FA's this year, right?

Go all in on armstead. Fuck it.
You can only backload salary, not the signing bonuses. And no good FA is going to sign a contract for little guaranteed money up front…

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Poles cleaning up the cap and getting rid of guys that may not fit the bigger picture. It sucked hearing about Mack. But this is the Chicago Bears, not the Chicago Mack.

With that being said, this gives us even more room (about 28m extra in addition to the 115m plus salary cap increase). I have reason to believe that Poles is looking at 2023 to make major moves.

Be patient. Let's see what happens next week. And the draft.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This years free agency is pretty weak. I like what I see at center though

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
$121M of cap space and 18 players on the roster. Not flush with cash that they can rob next year to pay this year. Might be in the Bears best interest to just eat a shit sandwhich for a year and then have a relatively clean balance sheet in 23.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Here's the thing, why didnt we wait until we signed some FA first instead of trading mack today? if we knew we could dump salary anyways?
To me, I still think that it would have been easy to get a better deal than a 2022 2nd and a 2023 6th.

All they had to do was go to the Raiders who already wanted Mack and asked them about making a deal. When the Raiders underwhelmed with their proposal, Poles would tell them that he was going to trade Mack to the Chargers and good luck with Mack/Bosa twice a year. The Raiders would have quickly sweetened the pot to at least a 2nd and a 3rd in 2022.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
To me, I still think that it would have been easy to get a better deal than a 2022 2nd and a 2023 6th.

All they had to do was go to the Raiders who already wanted Mack and asked them about making a deal. When the Raiders underwhelmed with their proposal, Poles would tell them that he was going to trade Mack to the Chargers and good luck with Mack/Bosa twice a year. The Raiders would have quickly sweetened the pot to at least a 2nd and a 3rd in 2022.
Being an NFL GM is so easy, random ccs posters could do it!

msadows

Liked Posts:
You can only backload salary, not the signing bonuses. And no good FA is going to sign a contract for little guaranteed money up front…

FALSE

Signing bonus: Money earned by a player for signing his contract. Typically paid out within the first 12-18 months. Prorated against the salary cap for the life of the contract (five-season maximum). This is how the Cowboys could afford to give Dak Prescott a $66 million signing bonus this offseason. For cap purposes, Prescott's signing bonus counts for $13.2 million against the Cowboys' salary cap for each of the next five seasons (four-year contract plus 2025, a void year).