***OFFICAIL*** Khalil Mack Traded To Chargers For 2023 2nd & 6th Round Pick

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah man, i dont know about them backloaded contacts.. especially if that player fails or if that shit is gonna haunt the team down the road. I dont like that style.
So why are you complaining when the new GM is unsaddling the team from those future backloaded commitments and getting compensation in return?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Loved having Mack here though. I will forever maintain that 2018 was one of the best seasons that a defensive player has ever had. He was scary good and dominant.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Cap and draft picks aside. The idea is to be bad this season. Would be nice to be able find a franchise LT in the top 5 next draft.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pathetic trade...Bears being Bears.....unless 2nd rounder actually contributes, it may be time to hang the fanhood up...Should have got their 1st and that's it

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am NOT upset at all by Mack being traded. I am fine with it; it needed to be done, maybe should have been done last year. I agree with the move generally.

I am not even pissed at the compensation, per se.

What I am DEEPLY concerned about is what this move tells me about Poles: he's a limp dick negotiator who's going to be dunked on routinely by other more experienced GMs, keeping the Bears down.

Yes, it frees up money next year, but if you look at what cutting Mack and designating him as a post June 1 cut next year, you will see it doesn't save much money. Effectively, this GM sold extremely low. The fact that Mack has played 9 more games in the past 3 years than Vonn Miller, is younger, and despite playing in 8 less games this year had just 3.5 less sacks, and yet Miller fetched more on an expiring deal is beyond pathetic.

Poles really couldn't even get the 6th to be this year? LMFAO.

I am sorry, in my view, you're a meatball if youre upset that Mack was traded, period, but you're also one if you're jumping for joy at the ineptitude of our front offices negotiation skills. I can't wait to lose our shirt on the next trade.
Miller fetched more BECAUSE he wasn't tied to an expensive deal, AND because he was traded midseason to a team that was in its window for winning a SB.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
If you designate as him as a post June 1 cut next year you've already paid him for next year.

And if you post June 1 cut him this year the savings from this year move to the next year's cap.

They save $6m this year and $24m next year when he will carry no dead cap.
Okay, good point. But the 24m next year still appears inaccurate. Chicago Bears Salary Cap | Over the Cap says it's 17m. And you'd still be sitting with 104 million. On top of that, trading him now at his lowest value is objectively dumb.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Cap and draft picks aside. The idea is to be bad this season. Would be nice to be able find a franchise LT in the top 5 next draft.
We’re not the Lions. We’re not hoping for a top 5 pick…

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
no you moron we are justifying that mack has been an overpaid commodity on this team for the last 2 years and getting more draft capital to build around fields + the cap bonus is infinitely more important than an aging pass rusher who cannot stay on the field. or did you miss where the bears didn't finish 500 last year and had the 4th most sacks in the league? how is this so difficult for you to understand
hey look! other one to insult first.
Maybe Mack knew this team was shit and didnt want to bother or risk himself, Plus Nagy was going to fail anyways because the entire team KNEW Nagy was on his way out.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So this is your fault?
lol I guess. Reason I thought he was talking about injuries is because he was on the leg extension next to me and he was just fucking around on his phone barely lifting anything with his one leg. Once he got up to go shoot on the bball court, he was walking gingerly and limping. So I assumed that's what he meant. Didn't think my dude was talking about the possibility of him bein traded. lol.

I think it's a good deal for him and the Bears. I'd hate for him to waste his career on the Bears if they didn't have a chance to make the playoffs. He goes to sunny L.A. and still getting paid all his money.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Where are you getting that from? Because Chicago Bears Salary Cap | Over the Cap shows designating him as a post June 1 cut next year would free up nearly 23m of his 28.5 m cap hit next year.

The only reference to 24m is related to his dead cap hit this year.
Designating him as a post June 1 cut results in $ and no picks. You can't buy picks. This was the better move by far compared to cutting him a year from now.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
lol I guess. Reason I thought he was talking about injuries is because he was on the leg extension next to me and he was just fucking around on his phone barely lifting anything with his one leg. Once he got up to go shoot on the bball court, he was walking gingerly and limping. So I assumed that's what he meant. Didn't think my dude was talking about the possibility of him bein traded. lol.

I think it's a good deal for him and the Bears. I'd hate for him to waste his career on the Bears if they didn't have a chance to make the playoffs. He goes to sunny L.A. and still getting paid all his money.
True. I hope he and LA Chargers do very well. And of course, I hope we get a starter with the 2nd rounder.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Now use that 6th rounder + Nick Foles to get yourself Tyler Lockett.

Yup