***OFFICAIL*** Khalil Mack Traded To Chargers For 2023 2nd & 6th Round Pick

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
hey look! other one to insult first.
Maybe Mack knew this team was shit and didnt want to bother or risk himself, Plus Nagy was going to fail anyways because the entire team KNEW Nagy was on his way out.
yes rather than just looking at the statistical data and using common sense let's just say "HEY MAYBE MACK WANTED OUT AND IF HE WAS IN I SWEAR TO GOD DUDE THE BEARS WOULD HAVE BEEN NUMBER 1 IN THE LEAGUE IN SACKS INSTEAD OF 4 AND OH MY GOD THEY WOULD HAVE WON 8 GAMES LAST YEAR I SWEAR IT" you are literally Special person seek help through family or professional means

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Designating him as a post June 1 cut results in $ and no picks. You can't buy picks. This was the better move by far compared to cutting him a year from now.
Designating anyone a June 1 cut doesn’t save anything. It just pushes half the cap hit to the next season.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would you be willing to take for Quinn? I would be okay with a high 3rd but hoping for a 2nd. Wouldn't do it for less than a 3rd. Still need a pass rush and deal not as backloaded as Mack's.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Miller fetched more BECAUSE he wasn't tied to an expensive deal, AND because he was traded midseason to a team that was in its window for winning a SB.
Then they should have traded Mack midseason.

Also, you left out the part where it's because we have a limp dick negotiator

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Okay, good point. But the 24m next year still appears inaccurate. Chicago Bears Salary Cap | Over the Cap says it's 17m. And you'd still be sitting with 104 million. On top of that, trading him now at his lowest value is objectively dumb.
$17m is his base salary. That's the part that goes to the Chargers. Look at the cap number. $28m. The $24m is all the bonus money he's been paid and will come off the books after this season.

I made no comment about trading him now, but it's unlikely his value would have gone up as he will be almost 33 by the start of 2023.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Designating him as a post June 1 cut results in $ and no picks. You can't buy picks. This was the better move by far compared to cutting him a year from now.
It's a better move than cutting him, yes. But it's not better than trading him at high leverage times, such as after the top 3 pass rushers come off the board in April. Or during the season.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So why are you complaining when the new GM is unsaddling the team from those future backloaded commitments and getting compensation in return?
just one player was traded off with some backloaded shit, but ya'll think we're gonna sign multiple guys right now to some backloaded contracts? that is what i'm reading from you guys.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Von Miller was on an EXPIRING DEAL, how do you not understand that

the Rams wouldnt have traded for Mack because of the money owed to him the next few seasons

Bear fans are fucking stupid

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Maybe the teams trying to win the Super Bowl last year were afraid a guy on injured reserve last year wouldn't help them last year!

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's a better move than cutting him, yes. But it's not better than trading him at high leverage times, such as after the top 3 pass rushers come off the board in April. Or during the season.

What is the benefit of waiting until april or during the season?

I don't like the compensation either, but this frees up a lot of cap flexibility as far as spending goes this year.

Specifically, this making renegging deals with guys like roquan and daniels a LOT easier. FA is about to start. Poles obviously needed the cap flexibility.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
just one player was traded off with some backloaded shit, but ya'll think we're gonna sign multiple guys right now to some backloaded contracts? that is what i'm reading from you guys.
Bro you don’t understand how it works lmao. Backloading a deal doesn’t mean they play for free this season, just that they get more money in the next seasons.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Quin might get you a 4th, maybe a late 3rd.

newsflash, you are now.
beat the lions without the guy. i am convinced the lions are run by the 14 year old great great great grandson of the fords playing madden on his PS5. also you are the worst poster on this forum and i do not say that lightly

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There's no guarantee you get more during the season, and then you also have to wait an extra year for the pick which is the equivalent of a round lower.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think that will be the case. I see Poles signing tier 2 and below FA's this year to modest contracts and saving splash moves for next season.