***OFFICAIL*** Khalil Mack Traded To Chargers For 2023 2nd & 6th Round Pick

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look, I'm done debating this. Let's put our money where our mouths are.

Before this decade is out, the compensation we received for this trade will be cited as a reason we should fire Ryan Poles. And I don't mean by a random person here or there, but will be talked about by the "experts" as a reason.

Ban bet, 1 year.
I'm in.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson....you're next!

He's the complete opposite of what Poles wants in a player......however good luck getting anything for him if another team takes on his contract

Personally; I'd also move Quinn while his value is as high as it will be....get another 2nd or 3rd, this year

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How does this random twat know what happened? How does anyone know whether a first time GM with little contacts was able to squeeze the most out of a trade.

Is it hard to believe he could have been given a take it now or leave it offer or some other negotiation tactic he may have been taken advantage of. Why do I or anyone else not have the right to react or question?

And I'm not one to say he didn't get fair value, its asanine to just assume Poles got the best offer possible simply because he is a GM.
Why does everyone compare these two trades? It was different teams under different scenarios with different financial ramifications.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson....you're next!

He's the complete opposite of what Poles wants in a player......however good luck getting anything for him if another team takes on his contract

Personally; I'd also move Quinn while his value is as high as it will be....get another 2nd or 3rd, this year
Would the bears even save any money trading Jackson?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How does this random twat know what happened? How does anyone know whether a first time GM with little contacts was able to squeeze the most out of a trade.

Is it hard to believe he could have been given a take it now or leave it offer or some other negotiation tactic he may have been taken advantage of. Why do I or anyone else not have the right to react or question?

And I'm not one to say he didn't get fair value, its asanine to just assume Poles got the best offer possible simply because he is a GM.

Er - he's covered the team for a few years now, and has sources he can tap into to ask.

Technically, that would make YOU the random twat....

Rise

Liked Posts:
You can like the Mack trade but it wasn’t for massive cap space. They had a choice.

1. $6million cap, play Mack, hope he stays healthy, would have a very cap friendly deal (no guarantees) to trade next offseason, restructure, or cut.

2. Save $6million this year, gain 2nd/6th. Owners do save $24 million here, but it’s dead on the cap.

Either scenario they could have saved the same cap space next year. If I’m wrong let me know.

But the way I see it if he stayed and played well they could have received a better return next offseason. Flip side if he got hurt again he probably would just get cut with no compensation.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why does everyone compare these two trades? It was different teams under different scenarios with different financial ramifications.
WE PAYED MORE WHEN WE GOT HIM FOUR YEARS AGO FROM THE RAIDERS THOUGH

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No it is not hard to believe. It simply isnt supported by what we know.

1. Miller was 1 year older.

2. Miller has 32 sacks the last 3 years. Mack has 23.5.

3. Miller has missed 4 games in 7 years. Mack has missed 13 games in 4 years.

4. Miller cost 772k while Mack will cost 17.75m.

5. Miller was traded to a legit SB contender. Mack was traded to a team trying to make the playoffs after several seasons missing out.

6. The 2 extra years of team control are not that valuable because they are at very expensive amounts that would require him to be at or near an All Pro level to be worth it at 22.9m and 23.2m unless he helps win you a SB.

Miller thus was a more productive player sack wise with less injury risk and who was 17m cheaper for a team going Super Bowl or bust. That is why his value was more.