P Pat O'Donnell 1 year 1.75 million/1 guaranteed [1.75]

LS Patrick Scales 1 year 1 million/500k guaranteed [1]

OG Alex Bars 1 year 1 million/200k guaranteed [1]

TE Jesper Horsted [ERFA] 600k [.6]

OG Alex Bars 1 year 750k [.75]

Cap Room: 33 million

Free Agents [29.5 million spent]

C Brian Allen [LAR] 4 years 28 million/13 guaranteed [Cancels Hicks] [4]

The Bears worst position on offense was C and the Bears desperately need to get someone in there that can make the calls and be an anchor in the run game. Allen is from Chicago, he is an ascending player, and he is super athletic. He is the perfect fit in the zone run game the Bears want and he is a solid pass protector that can be relied on to block 1 on 1 far more than Mustipher. By signing a C who can be here for years you get a start on the important relationship between C and QB.

dqmh6ydxqlzrehz9knlk

WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling [GB] 3 years 27 million/10 guaranteed [Cancels Nichols] [4]

This will not be a popular signing, but it makes too much sense when you consider how MVS fits. MVS has size, the Bears do not. MVS has speed and catches mostly deep passes, the Bears have been they most pathetic explosive play offense. MVS has a close relationship with the Bears OC. MVS is also going to come cheaper than most of the other options on the market and the Bears do not appear like they are going to be big spenders.

marquez-valdes-scantling-waiver-wire-pickups-fantasy-football-wide-receiver-rankings-icon1.jpeg

OT Dennis Kelly [GB] 2 years 7 million/3 guaranteed [Cancels Ifedi] [2.5]

The Bears are likely going to be rolling with young OTs and they need an experience and versatile backup who can push them and compete with them. Kelly has a ton of starts at RT and LT and is one of the better swing OTs in the NFL.

i

WR Randall Cobb [GB] 2 years 12 million/4 guaranteed [4]

The Bears need a reliable slot WR that can take some of the pressure off of Fields and work the middle of the Field. Cobb is the definition of professional slot WR and should be a reliable target for a year while the Bears develop some younger targets. Has a relationship with Getsy. Also, F you Aaron.

crop_exact_gettyimages-1236452401-612x612.jpg

DE Al-Quaden Muhammad [Ind] 3 years 18 million/6 guaranteed [Cancels Dalton] [3]

A productive #3 pass rusher who played for Eberflus and had 6 sacks last season. He can come in and be part of the rotation right away and play some of the early downs to keep Quinn healthy and fresh.

NFL-PLAYOFFS-COLTS-TEXANS.jpg

CB Tavon Young [Bal] 1 year 2.5 million/500k guaranteed [2.5]

Young was one of the better young NBs in the NFL before a knee injury 2 years ago. Last season he was solid, but not what he was and he was released as a cap move by the Ravens. Young will be 2 years removed from his injury and should be able to grab the NB spot for the Bears and upgrade Shelley at a reasonable price that does not affect their comp pics.

rtgmf7xbjcmfqtohz14n.jpg

CB Xavier Rhodes [Ind] 1 year 4 million/1 guaranteed [4] [Cancels out Grant]

The Bears need an outside CB they can start in the event that none of the young guys step up. It also needs to be a veteran that they are not deeply tied to financially in case Graham or a draft pick grab the job. Rhodes had a career revitalization under Eberflus who put him in a system that asked him not to play nearly as much man as he was. Rhodes does not have his speed anymore, but he has the savvy and understanding of zone to be a great mentor.

GettyImages-1272608001-e1600255188669.jpg

LB Anthony Hitchens [KC] 2 years 10 million/4 guaranteed [3]

Hitchens has played for Eberflus, and was in KC with Poles, this signing makes a ton of sense as it does not effect comp picks, gives the Bears a solid veteran MLB that allows Roquan to move outside and who will not cost a ton as the Bears get ready to pay Roquan. Hitchens may not be the athlete he use to be, but he is still very solid in the middle.

GettyImages-1200876826-e1589730093819.jpg

LB Damien Wilson [Jax] 1 year 1.5 million/500k guaranteed [1.5]

The Bears need to add an entire LB core and Wilson can play inside and out and knows Poles from KC. He has been solid when asked to start and can compete at SLB and be a core special teamer.

usatsi_13437978.jpg

LB Zaire Franklin [Ind] 1 year 1.5 million/500k guaranteed [1.5]

Again, the Bears need bodies at LB and Franklin knows the system and coach. He is a spot starter and special teamer. The Bears will likely not use an SLB that often and do not need a star there.

5f7bb30eb990a.image.jpg

Draft [2.5 million spent]

2[39] DT Perrion Winfrey [OU] 6'4" 290lbs, 35" arms

I know conventional wisdom is that pick will go to the offense, but I expect that there will be 2 guys here that are perfect fits for the 3 technique spot in Flus' defense and that may be too much to pass up. Winfrey is a long and explosive athlete that can get upfield and disrupt the QB. Winfrey stood out at the Senior Bowl and had a very impressive 4.89 [40] at the combine. Length and explosion are super important to the defense and he has both of those.

sddefault.jpg

2[48] WR George Pickens [Georgia] 6'3" 200lbs, 4.47

The Bears need someone who can play the X WR and some one who can be a reliable target with size for Fields. Pickens is a really intriguing player coming off an injury, but prior to that he was a physical monster at WR. Pickens can do the physical stuff that Mooney and MVS cannot do. I also expect him to be even better physically in camp as he is closer to a year removed from his ACL injury.

d50097f0-13ac-11ea-b4ff-700e1d7a3e0f

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 3[71] to the Philadelphia Eagles for 3[83] and 4[123] and 7[239]. Poles has stated his desire to make more picks and I expect a trade down at some point in the draft to just add volume.

3[83] OG Dylan Parham [Memphis] 6'3" 311lbs, 33" arms, 4.93, 26" vert, 108" broad

Athletic, versatile, experienced, these are all adjectives used to describe Parham. He has played every spot on the line and had success. He answered questions about his size by coming in with solid interior measurables and much longer arms than expected. Parham can come in and compete at LG with the hopes he takes the job or at least takes the job in 2023 when Whitehair is a cap casualty.

dylan-parham.jpg

4[123] S J.T Woods [Baylor] 6'2" 195lbs, 4.36 [40], 39.5" vert, 128 broad

The Bears need options at S alongside Jackson and Woods has a ton of physical tools and production. He has the range to play in the 2 high and the ball skills to be a threat in a zone based defense.

91b3c972c1fafef178bd4eb6d7b08816

5[139] OT Rasheed Walker [Penn St] 6'6" 313lbs, 33.5" arms

The Bears need competition at OT and they need options in case Borom and Jenkins struggle. Walker is a solid developmental OT. He has the physical tools to be an NFL starter and the functional strength to handle NFL power rushes. He struggles with 2nd moves in pass pro, but I am not sure whether that is an athletic issue or a technique breakdown. I think with coaching he could at minimum be a swing OT in the NFL.

USATSI_15956665_168393729_lowres-e1620074111254.jpg

5[141] CB Akayleb Evans [Missouri] 6'2" 190lbs.

The Bears defense does not stress their CBs a ton so I am not sure we will see a massive investment in the CB spot. I think that we will see a number of long CBs added to compete for the #2 spot and hope someone steps up. Evans has the length they want and he can be physical at the line.

mizzou-defensive-back-announces-intent-enter-nfl-draft-akayleb-evans.png

6[173] FB Chig Okonkwo [Maryland] 6'2" 240lbs.

In the Shannahan system they have used an HB. Someone who can line up in the backfield and block, but who can also be a threat in the passing game. Okonkwo has the tools and physical skill set to fill this role. He is a TE by trade, but doesn't really have the size to stay there, and he has really good athletic tools. He could be an ideal HB and backfield weapon for the Getsy to utilize.

terps21_Chig-Okonkwo-1-800x445.jpg

7[239] LB D'Marco Jackson [App St] 6'1" 233lbs, 32.5" arms, 4.55, 33" vert

This is simply a swing on speed and length. We know Eberflus likes long armed LBs that can run and that is what Jackson is. He is not ready to play and likely hits the PR or special teams for awhile, but in the 7th round all you can look for is atheltic traits.

dmarco-jackson-lb-appalachian-state.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Fields, Foles
RB: Montgomery, Herbert, Cohen, Okonkwo
WR: Mooney, MVS, Pickens, Cobb, Newsome
TE: Kmet, James, Horsted
LT: Jenkins, Walker
LG: Whitehair, Parham
C: Allen
RG: Daniels, Bars
RT: Borom, Kelly

RE: Quinn, Muhammad
DT: Winfrey, Edwards
NT: Blackson, Tonga
LE: Gipson, Kamara
WLB: Smith, Thomas
MLB: Hitchens, Jackson
SLB: Wilson, Franklin
CB: Johnson, Rhodes/Graham/Evans, Young, Shelley
FS: Jackson, DHC
SS: Woods/Bush

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not horrible but i'd do things different at WR instead of signing MVS and Cobb. I'd like to go after C.Wilson, B.Pringle, I.McKenzie, Z.Pascal and J.Crowder if we aren't signing any of the pricey guys like C.Kirk, DJ Chark, JuJu or A.Cooper if he gets cut of course.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Long time no see. Welcome back.

Reactions: DC

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not horrible but i'd do things different at WR instead of signing MVS and Cobb. I'd like to go after C.Wilson, B.Pringle, I.McKenzie, Z.Pascal and J.Crowder if we aren't signing any of the pricey guys like C.Kirk, DJ Chark, JuJu or A.Cooper if he gets cut of course.
Screenshot 2021-12-21 174926.jpg

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Welcome back. Always love the player evals and the mocks. That draft would be fantastic. I have a feeling both Winfrey and Pickens will be drafted lower than they should, and will be awesome in the pros.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love it. Good to see you back, Windy.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
WR Allen Robinson [Detroit] 4 years 72 million/35 guaranteed [3rd]
DT Akiem Hicks [LAC] 3 years 27 million/14 guaranteed [5th]
DT Bilal Nichols [Hou] 4 years 30 million/14 guaranteed [5th]
QB Andy Dalton [SEA] 1 year 5 million [6th]
WR Jakeem Grant [NE] 3 years 15 million/7 guaranteed [6th]
OT Germain Ifedi [ ] 1 year 3.5 million [7th]

Cuts [12.5 million saved]

NT Eddie Goldman [6.5]
DE Jeremiah Attouchu [2]
LB Danny Trevathan [3] *Post June 1st
CB Kindle Vildor [1]

Cap Space: 47 million

Re-signing [14 million spent]

OG James Daniels 4 years 32 million/14 guaranteed [4]

TE Jesse James 2 years 5 million/2 guaranteed [2]

S DHC 1 year 1.5 million/1 guaranteed [1.5]

S Deon Bush 1 year 1.5 million/1 guaranteed [1.5]

P Pat O'Donnell 1 year 1.75 million/1 guaranteed [1.75]

LS Patrick Scales 1 year 1 million/500k guaranteed [1]

OG Alex Bars 1 year 1 million/200k guaranteed [1]

TE Jesper Horsted [ERFA] 600k [.6]

OG Alex Bars 1 year 750k [.75]

Cap Room: 33 million

Free Agents [29.5 million spent]

C Brian Allen [LAR] 4 years 28 million/13 guaranteed [Cancels Hicks] [4]

The Bears worst position on offense was C and the Bears desperately need to get someone in there that can make the calls and be an anchor in the run game. Allen is from Chicago, he is an ascending player, and he is super athletic. He is the perfect fit in the zone run game the Bears want and he is a solid pass protector that can be relied on to block 1 on 1 far more than Mustipher. By signing a C who can be here for years you get a start on the important relationship between C and QB.

dqmh6ydxqlzrehz9knlk

WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling [GB] 3 years 27 million/10 guaranteed [Cancels Nichols] [4]

This will not be a popular signing, but it makes too much sense when you consider how MVS fits. MVS has size, the Bears do not. MVS has speed and catches mostly deep passes, the Bears have been they most pathetic explosive play offense. MVS has a close relationship with the Bears OC. MVS is also going to come cheaper than most of the other options on the market and the Bears do not appear like they are going to be big spenders.

marquez-valdes-scantling-waiver-wire-pickups-fantasy-football-wide-receiver-rankings-icon1.jpeg

OT Dennis Kelly [GB] 2 years 7 million/3 guaranteed [Cancels Ifedi] [2.5]

The Bears are likely going to be rolling with young OTs and they need an experience and versatile backup who can push them and compete with them. Kelly has a ton of starts at RT and LT and is one of the better swing OTs in the NFL.

i

WR Randall Cobb [GB] 2 years 12 million/4 guaranteed [4]

The Bears need a reliable slot WR that can take some of the pressure off of Fields and work the middle of the Field. Cobb is the definition of professional slot WR and should be a reliable target for a year while the Bears develop some younger targets. Has a relationship with Getsy. Also, F you Aaron.

crop_exact_gettyimages-1236452401-612x612.jpg

DE Al-Quaden Muhammad [Ind] 3 years 18 million/6 guaranteed [Cancels Dalton] [3]

A productive #3 pass rusher who played for Eberflus and had 6 sacks last season. He can come in and be part of the rotation right away and play some of the early downs to keep Quinn healthy and fresh.

NFL-PLAYOFFS-COLTS-TEXANS.jpg

CB Tavon Young [Bal] 1 year 2.5 million/500k guaranteed [2.5]

Young was one of the better young NBs in the NFL before a knee injury 2 years ago. Last season he was solid, but not what he was and he was released as a cap move by the Ravens. Young will be 2 years removed from his injury and should be able to grab the NB spot for the Bears and upgrade Shelley at a reasonable price that does not affect their comp pics.

rtgmf7xbjcmfqtohz14n.jpg

CB Xavier Rhodes [Ind] 1 year 4 million/1 guaranteed [4] [Cancels out Grant]

The Bears need an outside CB they can start in the event that none of the young guys step up. It also needs to be a veteran that they are not deeply tied to financially in case Graham or a draft pick grab the job. Rhodes had a career revitalization under Eberflus who put him in a system that asked him not to play nearly as much man as he was. Rhodes does not have his speed anymore, but he has the savvy and understanding of zone to be a great mentor.

GettyImages-1272608001-e1600255188669.jpg

LB Anthony Hitchens [KC] 2 years 10 million/4 guaranteed [3]

Hitchens has played for Eberflus, and was in KC with Poles, this signing makes a ton of sense as it does not effect comp picks, gives the Bears a solid veteran MLB that allows Roquan to move outside and who will not cost a ton as the Bears get ready to pay Roquan. Hitchens may not be the athlete he use to be, but he is still very solid in the middle.

GettyImages-1200876826-e1589730093819.jpg

LB Damien Wilson [Jax] 1 year 1.5 million/500k guaranteed [1.5]

The Bears need to add an entire LB core and Wilson can play inside and out and knows Poles from KC. He has been solid when asked to start and can compete at SLB and be a core special teamer.

usatsi_13437978.jpg

LB Zaire Franklin [Ind] 1 year 1.5 million/500k guaranteed [1.5]

Again, the Bears need bodies at LB and Franklin knows the system and coach. He is a spot starter and special teamer. The Bears will likely not use an SLB that often and do not need a star there.

5f7bb30eb990a.image.jpg

Draft [2.5 million spent]

2[39] DT Perrion Winfrey [OU] 6'4" 290lbs, 35" arms

I know conventional wisdom is that pick will go to the offense, but I expect that there will be 2 guys here that are perfect fits for the 3 technique spot in Flus' defense and that may be too much to pass up. Winfrey is a long and explosive athlete that can get upfield and disrupt the QB. Winfrey stood out at the Senior Bowl and had a very impressive 4.89 [40] at the combine. Length and explosion are super important to the defense and he has both of those.

sddefault.jpg

2[48] WR George Pickens [Georgia] 6'3" 200lbs, 4.47

The Bears need someone who can play the X WR and some one who can be a reliable target with size for Fields. Pickens is a really intriguing player coming off an injury, but prior to that he was a physical monster at WR. Pickens can do the physical stuff that Mooney and MVS cannot do. I also expect him to be even better physically in camp as he is closer to a year removed from his ACL injury.

d50097f0-13ac-11ea-b4ff-700e1d7a3e0f

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 3[71] to the Philadelphia Eagles for 3[83] and 4[123] and 7[239]. Poles has stated his desire to make more picks and I expect a trade down at some point in the draft to just add volume.

3[83] OG Dylan Parham [Memphis] 6'3" 311lbs, 33" arms, 4.93, 26" vert, 108" broad

Athletic, versatile, experienced, these are all adjectives used to describe Parham. He has played every spot on the line and had success. He answered questions about his size by coming in with solid interior measurables and much longer arms than expected. Parham can come in and compete at LG with the hopes he takes the job or at least takes the job in 2023 when Whitehair is a cap casualty.

dylan-parham.jpg

4[123] S J.T Woods [Baylor] 6'2" 195lbs, 4.36 [40], 39.5" vert, 128 broad

The Bears need options at S alongside Jackson and Woods has a ton of physical tools and production. He has the range to play in the 2 high and the ball skills to be a threat in a zone based defense.

91b3c972c1fafef178bd4eb6d7b08816

5[139] OT Rasheed Walker [Penn St] 6'6" 313lbs, 33.5" arms

The Bears need competition at OT and they need options in case Borom and Jenkins struggle. Walker is a solid developmental OT. He has the physical tools to be an NFL starter and the functional strength to handle NFL power rushes. He struggles with 2nd moves in pass pro, but I am not sure whether that is an athletic issue or a technique breakdown. I think with coaching he could at minimum be a swing OT in the NFL.

USATSI_15956665_168393729_lowres-e1620074111254.jpg

5[141] CB Akayleb Evans [Missouri] 6'2" 190lbs.

The Bears defense does not stress their CBs a ton so I am not sure we will see a massive investment in the CB spot. I think that we will see a number of long CBs added to compete for the #2 spot and hope someone steps up. Evans has the length they want and he can be physical at the line.

mizzou-defensive-back-announces-intent-enter-nfl-draft-akayleb-evans.png

6[173] FB Chig Okonkwo [Maryland] 6'2" 240lbs.

In the Shannahan system they have used an HB. Someone who can line up in the backfield and block, but who can also be a threat in the passing game. Okonkwo has the tools and physical skill set to fill this role. He is a TE by trade, but doesn't really have the size to stay there, and he has really good athletic tools. He could be an ideal HB and backfield weapon for the Getsy to utilize.

terps21_Chig-Okonkwo-1-800x445.jpg

7[239] LB D'Marco Jackson [App St] 6'1" 233lbs, 32.5" arms, 4.55, 33" vert

This is simply a swing on speed and length. We know Eberflus likes long armed LBs that can run and that is what Jackson is. He is not ready to play and likely hits the PR or special teams for awhile, but in the 7th round all you can look for is atheltic traits.

dmarco-jackson-lb-appalachian-state.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Fields, Foles
RB: Montgomery, Herbert, Cohen, Okonkwo
WR: Mooney, MVS, Pickens, Cobb, Newsome
TE: Kmet, James, Horsted
LT: Jenkins, Walker
LG: Whitehair, Parham
C: Allen
RG: Daniels, Bars
RT: Borom, Kelly

RE: Quinn, Muhammad
DT: Winfrey, Edwards
NT: Blackson, Tonga
LE: Gipson, Kamara
WLB: Smith, Thomas
MLB: Hitchens, Jackson
SLB: Wilson, Franklin
CB: Johnson, Rhodes/Graham/Evans, Young, Shelley
FS: Jackson, DHC
SS: Woods/Bush
The universe can rejoice...Windy is back.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t want MVS or Cobb. I like the draft and it’s realistic.
I hear you but I agree with Windy on this—MVS does one thing well, and it aligns with Fields. He's a great deep-threat WR. I feel like we need to get SOME WR help in FA, as our current roster (assuming ARob does not come back) is Mooney. And scrubs. So we need to upgrade those scrubs for depth, for role-players (slot or deep-ball) and then go BPA in the draft. If that elite DT falls to 39 we have to take him. If there is great WR at 39 great. Maybe OL with our second pick that round. But we need to be able to draft players, not just for need. I actually like Chark a lot, but would be happy with MVS (reasonable price) and Chark to go with Mooney and then draft a rookie WR in the 2nd. I'd fucking LOVE Olave but I don't see that happening. If they feel that would be a huge boost to Fields, they may move up to get him. I wouldn't hate that move.