Bears Free Agency only

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
People are mad that Poles re-invested in DL after losing Goldman, Hicks, Mack and probably Nichols. He'd be insane if he didn't replenish that unit in a big way.
Not mad but it's arguably curious. Is Ogun for $13 mil a year better than Mack for $20mil (savings)?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Probably has a ridiculous cap hit year 3. Guarantee salary in year 1 and 2 with a signing bonus. So can cut after year 2 with Probably something like 5m in dead cap.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Looks like an overpay for a guy coming off a career year and an injury.
I figured dt would be top priority in draft and fa. It is what it is if you go back to lovie years that’s how it was also. We still need another dt they prob draft him. And I really hate the cover 2 but not going to hate on the player yet

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You forgot to add the 2nd rounder in the equation but I see your point.
The position is absolutely needed as we all know. Good 3Ts don't grow on trees. So I get the move but, do we gain anything by losing such an exceptional pass rusher?
They play different positions
That's not the point. It's money. I understand that. Will Ogun have more of an impact? For a difference of 7 mil a year. Who would you rather have? Mack or Ogun? Perhaps Ogun's impact will matter more due to position in this scheme. IDK. It's just curious.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To get a true 4-3 DT with the cap Poles, had, spending over 13 mill a season? I sure hope this is worth it. Don't know too much about the guy, but the stats make me feel he's getting too much.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I may have jumped the gun. The guy looks like he has been healthy after his rookie year. That said, I don't think other teams use high value assets like we do to acquire injured players. Carimi, Chris Williams, Jenkins, Kevin White, Jaylon Johnson.
Bro you have no idea what you’re talking about.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The position is absolutely needed as we all know. Good 3Ts don't grow on trees. So I get the move but, do we gain anything by losing such an exceptional pass rusher?

That's not the point. It's money. I understand that. Will Ogun have more of an impact? For a difference of 7 mil a year. Who would you rather have? Mack or Ogun? Perhaps Ogun's impact will matter more due to position in this scheme. IDK. It's just curious.
Well Mack and Quinn were going to also play the same position in a 4-3, so I would rather have Larry and an extra 2nd round pick. Neither Quinn or Mack were gonna play left end in a 4-3.

The better question is would you have rather kept Bilal or bring in Larry

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bro you have no idea what you’re talking about.
Are you stating the Bears have NOT taking chances on injured players and struck out repeatedly? You aren't worried a 300lbs man that has a serious foot injury MIGHT have issues with exploding off the line?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well Mack and Quinn were going to also play the same position in a 4-3, so I would rather have Larry and an extra 2nd round pick. Neither Quinn or Mack were gonna play left end in a 4-3.

The better question is would you have rather kept Bilal or bring in Larry
I hate that. I hate that if that is the reason we once again have a coach that can't find a way to make his scheme fit his players. We literally saw that on the offensive side of the ball with Nagy.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I hate that. I hate that if that is the reason we once again have a coach that can't find a way to make his scheme fit his players. We literally saw that on the offensive side of the ball with Nagy.
Meh. We need to re allocate resources to the offense anyways.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Looks like an overpay for a guy coming off a career year and an injury.
Overpay yes, but he had 5.5 sacks twice in three years with Cleveland and he was used in a strange way in Cleveland, played NT a bunch. Cincinnati used him almost exclusively as 3T and one gap 1 tech, and he did well.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
He'll probably be in the second wave. I saw Allen listed like 4-5 and center is deep in FA and the draft.
Yep, I think Poles will now look at the diminishing WR group next. Get Mooney a running mate, then turn to the draft for two more receivers, one high, one low pick.