Bears Free Agency only

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Are you stating the Bears have NOT taking chances on injured players and struck out repeatedly? You aren't worried a 300lbs man that has a serious foot injury MIGHT have issues with exploding off the line?
Yes I am not worried. Next !!!

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I've hated just about every move Poles has made so far. This is an awful signing.

Time will tell. He's only 27 and obviously plays a position of need for the Bears. But no question it's a ton of money for a guy that last year had to settle for a 1 year deal then had his best season in a walk year. I suspect a lot of the guys praising this move are in a full blown Ryan Poles Kool aid drinking stage and probably never heard of Ogunjobi until he got hurt in the playoffs last year. Hopefully they are right.

bigwhiskey83

Liked Posts:
Hand on dick, ready to rip, but to soon yet. Chill
I haven't been on the forum in years but though with the new regime I'd try and be a better fan this year.
These two post literally had me doubled over laughing. Same old same old Bears and Bear fans. Love it!

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
I haven't been on the forum in years but though with the new regime I'd try and be a better fan this year.
These two post literally had me doubled over laughing. Same old same old Bears and Bear fans. Love it!
Yeah so far this feels a lot like meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

Biggest takeaway is 3T DT worth lots of $$, OLine, so far, not so much. Very similar to previous regimes here.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well Mack and Quinn were going to also play the same position in a 4-3, so I would rather have Larry and an extra 2nd round pick. Neither Quinn or Mack were gonna play left end in a 4-3.

The better question is would you have rather kept Bilal or bring in Larry
Who said that Quinn and Mack were going to play the same position? Whoever did, forgot that Mack was really good playing to opposite side with the Raiders.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Not really whining just feels very dependent on one player, the 3T DT. What if he gets hurt? Why is this some unicorn position that no one else can play?

I mean Ogunjobi is worth 13 million a year but you can't pay a Superbowl winning C in Allen 8 million a year to protect your number 1 player?

Feels like offense takes a back seat to Def again, seen this movie before.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Not really whining just feels very dependent on one player, the 3T DT. What if he gets hurt? Why is this some unicorn position that no one else can play?

I mean Ogunjobi is worth 13 million a year but you can't pay a Superbowl winning C in Allen 8 million a year to protect your number 1 player?

You don't know what offers Allen got. Maybe he took less to go back the a super bowl team. Also you are deciding the fate of a new gm on 8 hours of his first FA

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I may have jumped the gun. The guy looks like he has been healthy after his rookie year. That said, I don't think other teams use high value assets like we do to acquire injured players. Carimi, Chris Williams, Jenkins, Kevin White, Jaylon Johnson.
Let’s not blame Poles for those deals.

Grape

Liked Posts:

Who said we weren't willing to pay Allen 8 per year?

The only FA signings that haven't been market "overpays" are re-signings. It's almost certain that he stayed with the Rams on a discount. Same can be said for Gallup.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Are you stating the Bears have NOT taking chances on injured players and struck out repeatedly? You aren't worried a 300lbs man that has a serious foot injury MIGHT have issues with exploding off the line?
Jaylon Johnson was a strike out?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've hated just about every move Poles has made so far. This is an awful signing.
So you were in favor of them continuing to pay Danny Trevathan, Eddie Goldman, and Tarik Cohen starter money to either not play at all, or play poorly as back ups?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Actually no, you can’t pay a FREE agent player money to play for a team he doesn’t want t to play for. You really think he’d rather play for a team where he’s already situated and comfortable that just won the SB or the Chicago Bears…? Hmmmmmm

MAAAAYBE Chicago could have lured him away… for a contract worth $15M per year lol. But that’d be something else for people to bitch about now wouldn’t it?

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The position is absolutely needed as we all know. Good 3Ts don't grow on trees. So I get the move but, do we gain anything by losing such an exceptional pass rusher?

That's not the point. It's money. I understand that. Will Ogun have more of an impact? For a difference of 7 mil a year. Who would you rather have? Mack or Ogun? Perhaps Ogun's impact will matter more due to position in this scheme. IDK. It's just curious.
Ogun in a spot of extreme need, $7M and much more the next few years and Christian Watson with the 48th pick vs Mack. That is a tough call.